• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
O'Brian did well to win the election again, but can he compete with others to build an Empire? Ireland's fate hangs in his hands, though i reckon the Bonapartes are coming to a close.

Oh my! A revolt! Well, Smith seems to be on top of things.

Colonies? Islands only, I hope! Madagascar, Ceylon, Cuba, Iceland, Sicily, England-Scotland and other uncivilized lands would be my suggestion.
Where did you find the image with the title "Clashes between Government and rebel forces, Tipperary July 1847"? Those odd hats look vaguely familiar...

Growing pains, I'd imagine. Though a nifty little Irish empire across the waves would be fun to watch.

Where to expand is the question: an Irish Empire in Borneo would be no bad thing. Precious metals, sulphur, coffee and iron - a fine outlet for the huddled Irish masses. You'll have to be sharpish though, as the Dutch have a nasty habit of expanding there quickly, and the British sweep up anything they leave behind.

Too many Irish AAR's die out (which sucks because I love them so much). I will be following.

I support the Bonapartist cause!

And terrific work as always, RossN. :)

Jestor said:
I support the Bonapartist cause!

And terrific work as always, RossN. :)

Long live the monarchy!

Boourns at ComradeOm's anti Tory anti Monarchist pro Connolly Republic! :p

I fell behind in the reading, RossN, but I've managed to catch up tonight. You never dissapoint.

Long live King Patrick! Long live the House of Bonaparte! Erin Go Bragh!

Hmmm I'm surprised that the Tories (whose members must have been profiting greatly from the export of food to Britain) who take such radical action to actually help the peasantry. But yay for the malcontents! It looks like O'Brien's response has pre-empted Joseph Chamberlain by half a century

ComradeOm said:
Hmmm I'm surprised that the Tories (whose members must have been profiting greatly from the export of food to Britain) who take such radical action to actually help the peasantry.

Surprising? Stop reading Marx and you won't be. ;) :p

It looks like O'Brien's response has pre-empted Joseph Chamberlain by half a century

Well, RossN has done a good job. His response leaves me wanting the next update as soon as possible.

Hardstuff said:
Heh, reminds of when I had to decipher a late 17th century letter in my uni history class. It was adressed to Swedish King Charles XI, written by a priest in a parish which was suffering from famine, and went along the lines of: "Oh Glorious Majesty, Appointed by God! We, your ever-loyal subjects, are starving to death. We don't want to bother you, but it would be terribly nice of you if you were to do something about it. Please don't kill us for asking."

Hardstuff said:

why would we ever want to do that?

robou said:
why would we ever want to do that?

Because being a Communist is so passé. :p

Eams said:
Heh, reminds of when I had to decipher a late 17th century letter in my uni history class. It was adressed to Swedish King Charles XI, written by a priest in a parish which was suffering from famine, and went along the lines of: "Oh Glorious Majesty, Appointed by God! We, your ever-loyal subjects, are starving to death. We don't want to bother you, but it would be terribly nice of you if you were to do something about it. Please don't kill us for asking."
:rofl: POTM!