• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oggbogg2 said:
Aren't there some mods out there which allows you to continue after 1452? That would have been great! I'm prepared to follow the news about the Gerulfings all into the 20th century! :D

Great work, it's getting better and better!

If this is not possible to continue this, what about a family set up in Russia? For instance some catholic norwegian family for instance. (Not the Ynglings) I really like your newspaper style and would like to se more of that!

I believe you can only play with the no-time-limit mod, if you have installed it before you start a saved game. And though continueing would be nice, the end date is a good date, it gets a bit unrealistic playing a feudal kingdom after say 1460 - 1470. The age of exploration should start.

I already have an idea for a dynastie for my next AAR, though I first have to test-play them to see who it works out.

I will choose a different style, something of a mix between this one and my Lombard AAR.

Oh blast. What a shame! That lady looks quite decent for an inbred however - and Ebeherd has turned out good too!

All good things come to an end...

Looking forward to the last installment and next aar. :)

Polar Mongoose said:
Interesting choice of a marriage :confused:

Though inbred trait might have a bad effect on the stats of the person, it doesn't change the base stats of a person, so when determining the stats of children, it are the basic stats that count. Since inbred lowers all stats with 5, you can count +5 with all stats, so that are pretty good stats for her.

And, but that is just a minor detail ;) , her father is the king of Lithuania and his children are all inbreds.

You might have changed it a while ago (I'm not too observant about these things) but is that a new avatar? Looks fun.

stnylan said:
You might have changed it a while ago (I'm not too observant about these things) but is that a new avatar? Looks fun.

I had it changed two days ago, I wanted to wait until I reached the 6,000 post mark, but then decided to do it now.

It is from an old boardgame, called Stratego, this this the picture of the 'Veldmaarschalk' or Fieldmarshal, so it is very appropriate. :), the idea came from ForzAA, who posted this picture when I reached the 3,000 mark. My previous avatar was the flag of my hometown.

And a nice interview with you in the AARland Advocate.

A question though, you say you are from a 'Forces family' does that mean a lot of your family is in the military ?

Post 5,555 :)

Veldmaarschalk said:
And a nice interview with you in the AARland Advocate.

A question though, you say you are from a 'Forces family' does that mean a lot of your family is in the military ?

Thank you. And yes, it does indeed mean a military family. I guess it is just a term in use in Britain. My brother and father are in the Navy, as was my step-brother (before he passed away), and my cousin is the army. I would have tried to join the navy but I've got a dodgy ankle. My grandparents were of course involved in WW2 in their different ways (though my maternal grandfather was excused active service for medical reasons), and my paternal grandparents both served out in Malaya during the Insurgency. One my grandfather's brothers died on June 7 1944 in Normandy, and my Nan's father (my great-granfather) served in the navy in WW1 and WW2. I'm unaware of any military connections before him, but four generations isn't bad going.

newsfromfrance1451ad7wi.jpg

Polar Mongoose said:
A brilliant ending for the Gerulfings, bringing together western Europe at last :)

Well done for an excellent AAR.

Thanks, I just wanted to show you all, that I am not that bad of a player :)

And here a list of the statistics of the Gerulfings and their main achievements, or how to make and 1 post AAR :D

I have given my rulers a rating, 5 stars is excellent, 1 star is pretty bad. Fogartach didn't get a star at all :)

gerulfingrulers106614525ax.jpg

And so the saga comes to an end. Action-packed to say the least! ;) But nice to see the dynasty ending on a high note.

Do you have some end of game screenies?

stnylan said:
And so the saga comes to an end. Action-packed to say the least! ;) But nice to see the dynasty ending on a high note.

Do you have some end of game screenies?

Not yet, I will post a map of my realm tomorrow or this weekend. I was again surprised by the end of the game.

When you start up CK, your first pop up tells you that the game ends december 30. 1452. But in fact it ends on january 1 1452 :confused:

So you miss a year.

endgamehog5ij.jpg

Last edited:
Polar Mongoose said:
Wow, rather large margin of victory you have there!

Did the Seljuk Turks convert to cristianity? I don't think I've seen them as a Kingdom before.

The Seljuks start as a kingdom and in my game stayed Muslim but I am using modified shieldframes.

Most of the time the army of Seljuks was bigger then me, only under Eberhard my army was larger. They had about 300k, while I had at high points maybe 220k.

The Seljuks were also very stable, with vassals in Bohemia and Italy that stayed part of their realm for more then 200 years, even if their rulers had an intrigue value of 1 :confused:

Ruuuule Gerulfing, Gerulfings rule the world... :D

Nice ending for a nice story. Onwards to the next one... :D

Congratulations for a well game and AAR done!:) I have enjoyed it immensly!:D