• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Partially because the Air nomads canon life is very complicated and we don't yet have all the events necessary for them to work and partially because we have yet to implement their new government type.

Originally they were just going to be unplayable but now with new government types we've decided there's no reason for anyone to be unplayable so we will be adding plenty of new government types in a future patch. Government types are a fairly new addition to modding though so we're still getting the hang of it and thought it wasn't worth waiting to release the mod just to add them.

You need to open the .rar and put its content in the the mod folder.

No casus beli at all?

Nope none. For a while I didn't get events for about 10 years then they started firing. Also I suggest adding a trait to not allow the avatar to marry until the training is complete otherwise they don't go through with it. Roku was 48 when I killed him and he was just a fire bender.

Played it a bit and enjoyed it. A few considerations: Sozin should be stronger (at the moment he's the same thing as his elderly vassal); Sozin should have a brother; How does the Earth King mechanics work? Can i get rid of that Puppet King trait?
For now the puppet trait is there to stay. We will have a whole long event chain about it in future patches though. Sozin having a fairly hard begenning is intentional since in the show we skip the early years of his coronation. It might be a little harder than we wanted it to be though. We will not add a brother to sozin but I do intend to extend his family so he at least has an uncle who can inherit and keep you from gaming over.
So, if i made a custom character and used cheats i could play as a air nomad at the air temples?
Unfortunately it seems we forgot to make the air nomad religion playable. As I understand it air bending is not tied to religion so you should still be able to play an air bender. We will have this fixed by the next patch.
Nope none. For a while I didn't get events for about 10 years then they started firing. Also I suggest adding a trait to not allow the avatar to marry until the training is complete otherwise they don't go through with it. Roku was 48 when I killed him and he was just a fire bender.
That's really strange. I'll let Nisco know and hopefully we can resolve the issue soon.

Reactions:
Sozin should have a brother;
Just because or because it is canon?
How does the Earth King mechanics work? Can i get rid of that Puppet King trait?
It is not yet finished, much of the Earth Kingdom isn't. The idea is, though, that strong rulers either through war or peace or with the help of the Avatar can overthrow their puppeteers like the Dai Li. We're not sure on the details.

I can't really come up with a reason killing the avatar should stop your events from working. Changing to a heresy should stop some events from firing but definately not for an entire decade. If you could post a save game it would help a lot.

Honestly, we have absolutely no idea. They have everything that should make them playable! We'll keep working on fixing it.

perhaps the history files for the dynasty palaces are missing!? I just took a look and couldnt find them.
They also dont exist within landed_titles although they need to be in there.
I hope that is the problem and you can fix it that way for it is not much work! ;)

I'm really looking forward to the custom Air Nomad government, if all works out. From what I remember, the Air Nomads sort of ran on a council, like an oligarchy, except the masters were the leaders. That's how it was in the Southern Air Temple, so I assume it's similar to the other temples.

Reactions:
Any plans of putting the mod on the Workshop? I just spent the last two hours trying to learn how to extract and open RAR files with no success.

Based on the fact that my Sozin character has a daughter who is a lightning bender and a combustion bender, and Sozin has a courtier who is a lava bender, and the fact that practically everyone in the fire nation has a fire ferret makes me think the probability of getting those traits is a bit too high. That being said I can't wait to play as Sozin's Lighting Combustion Fire Bending daughter (named Azula of course)

Reactions: