• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been working on this.
I downloaded a list of articles from Category: Characters from the Avatar Wikia, which is pretty much a comprehensive list of characters.
Then I've been trying to nail down culture, religion, birth and death dates using canon info where possible. The end goal is to implement each character from this spreadsheet using a script I will make.

Most of these characters will be courtiers at the Avatar Aang start date. I figured eventually even the minor characters should be added, so why not do them all at the same time.
Wow, that is great! Thanks.

Reactions:
I've been working on this.
I downloaded a list of articles from Category: Characters from the Avatar Wikia, which is pretty much a comprehensive list of characters.
Then I've been trying to nail down culture, religion, birth and death dates using canon info where possible. The end goal is to implement each character from this spreadsheet using a script I will make.

Most of these characters will be courtiers at the Avatar Aang start date. I figured eventually even the minor characters should be added, so why not do them all at the same time.
Thank you this is immensely helpful.

I'm having trouble installing, the mod isn't showing up in my CK2 load screen even after installing it into the mod files.

EDIT: Now I've fixed that problem and am able to select the mod, but it simply loads vanilla CK2 instead of the mod whenever I try to play it.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble installing, the mod isn't showing up in my CK2 load screen even after installing it into the mod files.

EDIT: Now I've fixed that problem and am able to select the mod, but it simply loads vanilla CK2 instead of the mod whenever I try to play it.
That's a strange problem. What exactly did you place in the mod folder?

I placed the 'AvatarMod' folder into the mod folder initially, but it wasn't showing on the mod list even after multiple reloads, as I said, so I took the 'ATLA' file out and put it in mod beside the 'AvatarMod' file. Now the other files seem to have appeared where they should, and I'm wondering if moving the 'ATLA' file may have cause a problem even as it fixed one. So, I'm going to put it back where it was and see if that works.

Kuqa to Yangwa needs a river crossing in omashu. You know what.. I'll make a list of rivers crossings that would make sense tomorrow and post them all
River crossings can't be directly inputted. They are the result of game's calculations. You can mod in only major river crossings and sea crossings.
In the case you described perhaps some major river crossing between this provinces causing they don't have river crossing? Because of what I can see on mod's rivers and provinces maps it should be generated. (I didn't played this mod yet just looked into mod files)

I made a mistake when I uploaded the mod. Inside the AvatarMod folder you will find another folder and the .mod file. Extract these to the game's mod folder. This will be fixed with the next update.

Reactions:
River crossings can't be directly inputted. They are the result of game's calculations. You can mod in only major river crossings and sea crossings.
In the case you described perhaps some major river crossing between this provinces causing they don't have river crossing? Because of what I can see on mod's rivers and provinces maps it should be generated. (I didn't played this mod yet just looked into mod files)
I'm not exactly sure why myself. the river seems to make up the border between the two but yet there's crossings to almost every county around.. except for Yangwa

I'm not exactly sure why myself. the river seems to make up the border between the two but yet there's crossings to almost every county around.. except for Yangwa
This has happened for quite a few rivers and I have no idea why. I may try moving them to see if it helps.

BB2CCE90FB48F40A9377B0E8C832EC587F607BA4

not bad for a man with no family history of bending. For some reason i feel he'd use a giant statue in combat...

side note, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to name the regional cultures by dominate kingdoms?

BB2CCE90FB48F40A9377B0E8C832EC587F607BA4

not bad for a man with no family history of bending. For some reason i feel he'd use a giant statue in combat...
He's a genuine Toph Beifong.
side note, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to name the regional cultures by dominate kingdoms?
Like Omashuan, Gaolingan, hu xinian, laoyangian? I've considered it. If most people prefer it that way I don't mind readjusting it. They take up a lot of space too so I might just shorten their localization to be something like 'eastern earth'

He's a genuine Toph Beifong.

Like Omashuan, Gaolingan, hu xinian, laoyangian? I've considered it. If most people prefer it that way I don't mind readjusting it. They take up a lot of space too so I might just shorten their localization to be something like 'eastern earth'
Yes he is and Yes exactly.. though how you'd handle the water tribes and fire nation i'm not sure..

Yes he is and Yes exactly.. though how you'd handle the water tribes and fire nation i'm not sure..
Yeah that's what I was thinking about. The earth kingdom is the only part of the world where naming it after the kingdom makes sense. There's also the problem that some of those kingdoms are made up by us and I'm not very comfortable making up culture names. The current solution isn't very elegant though... I need to think about this longer.

In the show they refer to people as Xbenders or Xnation/kingdom/tribe/nomads. So maybe that's best?