• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you reset a saved game back to 1399 or whatever? If so, I would appreciate someone telling me.

Oh, and my vote is for the country that might be Argentina.

Yes, but you have to edit the savegame itself, which is found in the eu3 folder.

Also, voting will be closed at 12 o clock noon, Eastern Time.

Ok, voting is over, and here are the results:
France: 1
Mexico: 3
Songhai: 1
Quebec: 1
Tirol: 1
Ireland: 1
Louisiana: 1
La Plata: 1

So I will be playing as the great Empire of Mexico!
The first update will be later today i think, and will be an overview of our country and the plan for what will happen later.

Thanks a lot to everyone that voted!

Part 1: An Overview

After the rebelling nations of the world had broken free from their oppressors in France, there was much rejoice. One such nation was the Empire of Mexico, whose holding stretched from Asia to America.
They owned provinces in Siberia,

ZomLG.png

BiKgp.jpg

In the Indonesian islands,

cnIvB.png

In Australia,

TRCBy.png

A single province on the Southwest coast of Africa, 3 provinces on the Northern coast of South America,

8cb70.png

and of course, mainland Mexico.

X8lZR.jpg

Unfortunately, many of these provinces, especially the ones in Asia and Australia were occupied by rebels. These foolish rebels sought independence from us, seeking to make their own countries, or to join with another power.

But, for now, this is not our biggest threat. Our biggest threat lies in the vile Italian nation of Modena, whom we are at war with. As you can tell, the war is going horribly, and the have already killed our fleet and occupied 2 of our provinces.

QPUBN.png

Yes, you do see correctly, that is 18 war exhaustion, and a -17 warscore. We must make peace with them as soon as possible, to regain the territories lost to the rebels.

In other news, we have had many great ideas over the years from our great thinkers. Some of these ideas are so great and appealing, that they have become national policies.

OLF2R.jpg

Our country could still benefit from perhaps 4 more of these national ideas, but we will wait until a later time, when our technology and economy can improve.

x3NXp.jpg

As of right now our economy is weak, we are being besieged by rebels, and we are fighting a powerful Italian nation. Only the greatest of men can lead our nation from these tragic times to ones of greatness and prosperity. Soon, we will not fear, but we will be feared.

Soon...

Last edited:
Wow, you start off in a rather bad position now don't you?

Where's Modena's capital? See if you can't send an uno brigado strike team to take it from under their nose. ;)

This is going to be fun :)

Yeah :D

What's Mexico's primary culture?

That map looks awful. Though I have only ever played DW.

IN isnt really that bad once you are used to it, and we are cosmopolitan, much like the rest of the world, due to France.

Wow, you start off in a rather bad position now don't you?

Where's Modena's capital? See if you can't send an uno brigado strike team to take it from under their nose. ;)

Unfotunately, it's Modena, and i dont't feel very comfortable sending a strike force into mainland Italy.
And eys, you're right. This is a rather bad position to start with.

Also, everyone please note that the date will now be switched to 1819, due to the fact that if i had wanted to send a diplomat to Louisiana, i would've had to wait 400 years.

Part 2: Losing Ground

And so the start of the (hopefully) great Mexican Empire begins.
But first, we take the national bank idea, because I had forgotten to before.

XdTVu.jpg

Well, now that that is taken care of we can unpause, and start our great campaign. First things first, we peace out with Modena for 25 ducats to them.(fools)

Now that we are at peace, defections start to appear. I am resigned to the fact that Australia will not be saved. I just cannot figure out a way for me to reclaim it now.

VQKxV.png

And our first revolts spawn as well, probably due to to our war exhaustion.
We also change our unit types to latin hussars and Line Infantry.

X7o3g.png

We recruit many troops in Siberia, the Asian islands, and the mainland. This spending, however, has forced us to take a loan, which we will have to repay in a couple of years.

euIjX.jpg

We now start to mint heavily, in hopes that if we improve our country and conquer other provinces, we will be able to repay our loan, and make a good amount of money without getting inflation.

kmtZj.png

We gain 2 base tax in Damaraland(our African province) due to an agricultural revolution, but we lose2 more territories to rebellions...

jrrMv.png

We get a new ruler.

8PID6.png

A quick update on the Pacific island situation:

Y2hZy.png

By this point, our inflation is at a manageable 1.3.

We also get a new king, and decide to do some stuff

nLWy4.png

B4onz.png

0WzPu.png

a5stJ.png

And finally, we have some good news, and some bad news.
The bad news first:

MyFC1.png

All of Australia is gone!

On the bright side, however, our economy has drastically improved, and we have gained some land in America.

ryt5k.png

Until next time, readers!

Last edited:
I love this! Good luck with the fight!

Hmm...
Some pictures are missing. Will fix that tomorrow.

Also thank you ashantai, and thanks for the luck!

Well actually none are missing. Never mind!

Last edited:
So... *laughs* I accidentally... kind of... deleted all of the pictures from the previous posts off of imgur and my computer. Sooo.... I will jave to replace them some time in the next week, but that is besides the point: Here is the next update.

Part 3: Rising Power​

I began this round by recruiting 30,000 men for my great Infantry Army.*note the position next to the UPCA border.

doJX1.png

We launch an attack for parts of the UPCA by attacking Orleans. My plan is to rush in with my 30k stack and assault all their provinces, while killing their army.

HEsS7.png

We peace out with them for 3 provinces and some cash money. We also peace out with France for a province, cash, and a whole lot of cores.

eke4u.png

KAu11.jpg

Then we white peace out with the war leader.

I also noticed that our treaty with a certain North American is up.

fDtk1.png

After that successful "war", we settle down for a few months until...

Wl7tA.png

Our strategy for this war is to hope that their main forces are drawn to the East towards our 3 provinces there, while we assault their provinces in Columbia.

Luckily, this plan is a great success, and we manage to occupy the entire mainland, which we get part of in the peace deal.

N7t0z.png

And what I have been waiting for the entire game...

We now have 0 war exhaustion!!!

H9bf2.png

We gain a core on Brazil due to a boundary dispute, and we make a move towards quality, because right now our troops are not that great.

tL3Ly.jpg

Just in time too, it looks like.

em64n.png

Right before we are about to attack Louisiana, we get something that will help the war effort a lot.

Va5Xi.png

I decided to take the new troops now, and let the enemy siege my territory for 3 months, because these new infantries are way superior when compared to the old ones.

Another declaration of war. Good thing we don't share any borders with each other!

obOLZ.png

And now we peace out with the many nations we are against.

CjQS5.png

CjQS5.png

And now... the best for last...

a3rVB.jpg

Look at the gains we have made in the last 30 years.

rTjdB.png

Until next time...

Good news, everyone, I fixed my save!!!

I will be continuing this AAR, along with the new one I have just made. Update tomorrow or Saturday!

Last edited:
Part 4: Unstoppable​

The first I did this time around was to take the Cabinet National Idea, because my infamy was getting higher and higher, and I'm not powerful enough yet to handle Infamy wars.

QrzYx.jpg

We also decide to go more Centralized, which gets us some more rebels.

9n3Mg.png

It is time to take down more of Louisiana. We declare war on their ally England.

iqOpW.png

We have occupied all of their territory but Florida, but we cant get all of what we want because England is still alive and doesnt want peace.
Therefore, we try diplomatically to get access to their lands. After that fails, it's go time.

Gpo9Y.jpg

After a couple more years, we cede another province and all of our cash to England so we can get peace.

hVVzG.png

Now that England is gone, we can gain all the lands from the USA and Louisiana that we gan get from them.

The result is quite favorable.

OzsNi.jpg

And now, a review of our economy, infamy, and our lands.

ksWER.jpg

As you can see here, our economy is doing very well. We have a low inflation, and we are making a profit without gaining inflation, too!

3OS27.jpg

Our infamy is nearly at our limit. Years of peace are in our future until that cools down.

VKZKA.png

XAzIg.png

Our great empire has truly become a world power. Very few can stand up to us on their own now!

Until next time...