• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the empror should use his imperial majesty
first 15 candidates to the throne his imperial highness
candidates up to 50-80 position + high local royalties should use his royal highness
the rest of the aristocracy should be just fine with their aristocratical titles like ... baron :D

Currently Russian noble ranks look so:

Ego/Ee Imperatorskoe Velichestvo (His/Her Imperial Majesty) - Emperor/Empress
Ego Velichestvo (His Majesty) - Tsesarevitch (Current heir to the throne)
Ego/Ee Imperatorskoe Vysochestvo (His/Her Imperial Highness) - Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
Ego/Ee Vysochestvo (His/Her Highness) - Prince/Princess
Ego/Ee Svetlost (His/Her Grace) - Knyaz/Knyagina (Duke/Duchess)
Graf/Grafinya - Count/Countess
Baron/Baronessa - Baron/Baroness

Norway getting DoW'd by Britain instead of Germany? God, what is this world coming to?

HRH title wasn't in use, Grand Dukes used HIH (His Imperial Highness, Ego Imperatorskoe Vysochestvo). But I think that it would be more logical to call him HM and the Emperor HIM :)

Upd: I don't use Russian EIV, because Vysochestvo (Highness) and Velichestvo (Majesty) start from the same letter ;)

Thanks for explanation and sorry for this confusion. I look forward to see how the things will evolve both in Russia and abroad.

Damn just read through it.Good job! Consider me subscribed ;)

I could so imagine the Germans using that picture of British bomber crews as a propaganda image.

"Fearless British airmen on their way to burn Norwegian babies. And smiling.":ninja: (Sorry if this breaks the rules a bit)

I could so imagine the Germans using that picture of British bomber crews as a propaganda image.

"Fearless British airmen on their way to burn Norwegian babies. And smiling.":ninja: (Sorry if this breaks the rules a bit)

More like "They are trying to exterminate the Nordic Races!"
German Propaganda usually used the whole "they are attacking us, we're only defending"-concept ;)

First of all let me congratulate you on both this and the previous AAR! That being said, I have a bone to pick with you. Comparing the maps from the last part of WWI and the inter-war maps the astute eye will catch something that hasn't really been explained. Why do you now own the Iasi and Cernauti provinces? The Romanians were your allies, and while Cernauti was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and you might say that maybe you later bought it off of them or something (not a chance to actually succeed, imho), Iasi was national territory and furthermore considered the capital of the Moldova province. So taking Iasi would only occur with bloodshed!
Other than that, all's well!

@Blackoberst: Thanks. After WW1 Russian foreign policy was quite aggressive and imperialistic - Russia occupied Afghanistan, Persia, Eastern Prussia and claimed Gallipoli, Adrianople and Southern Sakhalin. With Bessarabian provinces of Iasi and Cernauti things were the same, so Romania and Russia aren't best friends indeed. But I think it's a rightful prize, because Romania was about to lose the war and be annexed by Austria - Russian corps saved Romanian independence and took these provinces as due :)
@pakotorino, @Reddenbawker: No, it's not AAR-mod, it's a changed 1933-scenario, in which I've added a lot of things from my timeline :) So it's something like my own mini-mod.
I'll post the next update tomorrow (but maybe in the evening, I'm going to have a busy day on work), and it will be quite...unusual update ;)

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire 2

smalltitle.jpg
Chapter Four: 1939-1941
Appendix 3: Uniforms of the Imperial Army, Navy and Air Force

WAR MINISTRY OF THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE

UNIFORMS OF THE RUSSIAN IMPERIAL ARMY
TYPE 1939-UNIFORMS

Designed by Intendant Department of General Staff
Accepted by War minister Lavr G. Kornilov

Part I: Ranks and Insignia

Ranks of Ground Forces of the Russian Empire are based on two types of shoulder-straps - one for everyday and service uniforms and another for military and field uniforms. Officers and generals use epaulets for the parade uniform.

Ranks of Ground Forces

From the left: Ryadovoy (Private), Efreitor (Gefreiter), Mladshiy Unter-Ofitser (Juniour Sergeant), Unter-Ofitser (Sergeant), Feldfebel (Master sergeant), Podpraporschik (Jr. Warrant officer), Praporschik (Warrant officer), Podporuchik (Jr. Lieutenant), Poruchik (Leutnant), Shtabs-kapitan (Staff captain), Kapitan (Captain), Mayor (Major), Podpolkovnik (Lt. Colonel), Polkovnik (Colonel), General-Mayor (Mj. General), General-Leytenant (Lt. General), General-ot-infanterii (Army General), General-Feldmarshal (Field Marshal).

Red stripes are used for infantry,
Blue for cavalry
Black for artillery
Green for border troops
Maroon for General Staff

Some branches of military uses silver pattern instead of gold one:

Red + Silver - Tanks
Blue + Silver - Motorized Infantry
Light green + Silver - Intendants
Black + Silver - Engineers

Ranks of Navy

From the left: Matros (Seaman), Starshiy Matros (Senior Seaman), Starshina (Quartermaster), Botsmanmat (Bootsmann assistant), Botsman (Bootsmann), Starshiy Botsman (Senior Bootsmann), Michman (Midshipman), Mladshiy leytenant (Jr. Lieutenant) , Leytenant (Lieutenant), Starshiy Leytenant (Senior Lieutenant), Kapitan-leytenant (Captain-Lieutenant), Kapitan 3-go ranga (3rd rank Captain), Kapitan 2-go ranga (2nd rank Captain), Kapitan 1-go ranga (1st rank Captain), Kontr-Admiral (Rear Admiral), Vitse-Admiral (Vice Admiral), Admiral (Admiral), General-Admiral (Grand Admiral)

Imperial Navy doesn't use any different branch colours, only two patterns - golden for naval personnel and silver for engineers and mechanics.

Ranks of Air Force

From the left: Ryadovoy (Private), Efreitor (Gefreiter), Mladshiy Unter-Ofitser (Juniour Sergeant), Unter-Ofitser (Sergeant), Feldfebel (Master sergeant), Podpraporschik (Jr. Warrant officer), Praporschik (Warrant officer), Podporuchik (Jr. Lieutenant), Poruchik (Leutnant), Shtabs-kapitan (Staff captain), Kapitan (Captain), Mayor (Major), Podpolkovnik (Lt. Colonel), Polkovnik (Colonel), General-Mayor (Mj. General), General-Leytenant (Lt. General), General aviatsii (Aviation General).

In the Air Force there are no different branch colours, but aviation engineers use silver pattern of shoulder straps instead of golden one.

Part II: Summer Field and Everyday Uniforms

Uniforms of Ground Forces​

Summer field and everyday uniform is divided into two classes - for junior ranks and for officers and generals. The dress consists of traditional Russian tunic (gimnasterka) with golden buttons for everyday uniforms and silver buttons for field uniforms, military cap (furazhka) or side cap (pilotka) with branch insignia colours, bridges (sharovary) with branch colours stripes and high boots (sapogi).

Summer everyday and field uniforms of the Ground forces: Everyday for soldiers and sergeants, Field for soldiers and sergeants, Everyday for officers and generals, Field for officers and generals​

When the unit is involved into direct warfare, battle dress is worn. Battle dress is modified version of field uniform, with added ammunition and steel helmet (kaska).

Battle dress for soldiers/sergeants and officers

Uniforms of Navy​

Imperial Navy doesn't divide uniforms into field and everyday, but uses two types of uniform - a blue one for 3 spring and autumn and a white one for summer. Seamen uniforms consists of sailor's tunic, seaman cap (beskozyrka), long trousers (kleshi) and black boots. Under the tunic seamen wear a special shirt with stripes (telnyashka). Officers and admirals use blue or white jacket with high collar and four pockets. With everyday uniforms only blue trousers are used.

Naval everyday uniforms: Blue for seamen, white for seamen, blue for officers, white for officers

Uniforms of the Air Force​

Air Force wear the same uniforms with Ground forces, but with different color scheme - blue tunics and light-blue shoulder straps.

Air Force uniforms: everyday for soldiers/sergeants, field for soldiers/sergeants, everyday for officers/generals, field for officers/generals

Part III: Service uniforms

Service uniforms are used for official duty, wearing in barracks and on a spare time. Service uniforms is more official then field/everyday. There are usually worn mainly by the officers.

Uniforms of Ground Forces

Service uniforms of Ground forces: Official for soldiers/sergeants, barracks dress for soldiers/sergeants, official for officers/generals, barracks dress for officers/generals.​

Service uniforms consist of jackets with 4 pockets, bridges and high boots. Both military caps and side caps are used. One type of service uniforms is used for official duties, while the other is for barracks wearing.

Uniforms of Air Force

Service uniforms of Air Forces: Official for soldiers/sergeants, barracks dress for soldiers/sergeants, official for officers/generals, barracks dress for officers/generals.​

For soldiers and sergeants of the Air Force uniforms are the same with ground forces, while officers and generals wear a open-collar jacket with white shirt and black tie together with military cap or side cap.

Uniforms of the Navy

Service uniforms of Navy: Blue for seamen, white for seamen, blue for officers/admirals, white dress for officers/admirals​

Seamen wear the same tunics, but with different color scheme of collars and trousers, also a different type of sailor cap is used - cockade is higher, while on the ribbon the name of the ship is typed (Here it's "Varyag"). Officers and generals wear open jackets with two rows of buttons, white shirt and tie. The color of trousers is the same with the color of jackets.

Part IV: Special Uniforms

Ground Forces

Tank troops uniforms - the last one is only for in-tank use​

In the Ground forces only tank troops have their own uniform - a black one with silver pattern of buttons. Together with these uniforms (which are basically the same with usual uniforms, but black) tank troops wear special tank smock with a leather helmet (shlemofon).

Air Forces

Flying uniforms​

Pilots use special flying suits - when the temperature is not critical, they wear special leather jacket, which can be worn with official cap and shirt&tie, while in the aircraft pilots will use pilot helmet and a scarf. For winter or high-scale raids pilots use special pilot overalls suit with fur details.

Part V: Winter uniforms

Winter uniforms are based on great coat (shinel), fur hat (ushanka) and other types of warm cloths. All three branches of military use the same design of winter uniforms.

Winter uniforms of ground forces - soldiers/sergeants, officers, generals

Winter uniforms of air forces - soldiers/sergeants, officers, generals

Winter uniforms of navy - seamen, officers, admirals​

Part VI: Parade and ceremonial dress

Design of parade dress is based on traditional Russian Imperial uniforms of XIX-century and includes old-fashioned coat, epauletes (three different types for junior officers, senior officers and generals), military cap and high boots (or boots with trousers in the navy)

Parade dress of ground forces

Parade dress of tank troops

Parade dress of air forces

Parade dress of navy

To be continued
Waiting for your comments
Next update: January, 27

Last edited:
Hehe, someone has run wild with Paint.Net.:p Btw, last three pics doesn't show.

Double breasted is cool. Nice uniforms, particularly the winter and tanker ones.

I know this sounds rude...

But can we have a proper update?

That did sound rude...

But I like the greatcoats though, too bad that's it's never cold enough in Alabama to wear one.

I know this sounds rude...

But can we have a proper update?

It didn't only sound rude. It was rude. He probably did a LOT of work to make this update.