• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Found a bit of spare time and am now fully caught up with this epic tale, old friend! I. Am. Loving it! Richard is un-paralleled as the King of Jerusalem. Your story-telling is marvelous. And this tale is making me so eager to play CK II! But confound it all, I must wait until the summertime. Alack. Alack. Until then, I shall have your AAR to keep me company and soothe my longing for CK II! Keep up the good work, old bean! And don't let old Philippe Augustus get any of the glory!

RESPONSES

morningSIDEr: There's much more action still to come. :) The best part about playing the KoJ is that there are enemies everywhere! (Incidentally, that's also the worst part about playing the KoJ.)

Sematary: Indeed. The story is always so much better when you have a strong nemesis.

Emren: Thanks! Oddly enough I didn't think this one was really all that much of a cliffhanger. ;)

crusaderknight: Wow, that's high praise indeed. I knew you'd like Richard's role in this story. Honestly I can say it's been infinitely more satisfying playing with him as King than with Guy de Lusignan. I'm sure you'll love CK2 when you get a chance to finally play it. :D Thanks for reading!

peatsch: Thanks, and welcome aboard!

Taiisatai64: Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are. My old CK1 Chronicles AAR is 20 pages long with around 49,000 views, and it's four years old. Somehow, the CK2 retelling is nearing that record after only a month! :eek: (Incidentally, quite by accident I started writing this AAR almost four years to the day from the time I started its predecessor.)

The_Archduke: Haha, well thanks old friend. :) Though as I was saying above, this AAR has actually set some personal records for me. I've been updating faster than I ever have before. Thanks for continuing to follow the story, I really appreciate your feedback a lot.

You deserve the attention ;) It is a well written AAR. I always find myself looking into this one as one of the first AARs of CK II. I hope that the Kingdom lives a lot longer with a lot more territories than in real life ;).

Tim

Raymond's gone a whole update without declaring war on anybody. That can't last.

Pretty much anybody's a better King than Guy de Lusignan.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem is virtually guaranteed and endless supply of enemies.

Nice to see Balian make a victorious return to the fray.

Getting your Frankish culture Muslim provinces to convert to Catholic ought to be high on your to do list. It's right up there with with winning the war against Saladin!

Timmie0307: Thank you very much. I'm confident I can preserve the KoJ for at least a fair bit longer than in real life.

Sematary: That's very flattering. Thanks for your continued support.

Chief Ragusa: Haha! Just you wait and see what I have in store for you. :D

Kurospidey: Richard is older than Sibylla by a few years, so I would anticipate that he would predecease the Queen regardless. I think I may have mentioned this in a previous update, but yes, the plan is to reload as Prince Godfrey and continue the story from that point. That's still a long way off though. You know, this really shouldn't even be an issue as Richard and Sibylla were first cousins from the same family, the House of Anjou. The game mechanisms just separate the two branches so that there will be a Plantagenet family later on. (There's barely any evidence of the name "Plantagenet" being used prior to the mid-fifteenth-century.) One of the features originally cut from CK2 involved cadet branches, so if that's ever added into the game then this won't be a problem anymore.

So, I read the whole AAR until a cliffhanger? God is not with me, that's sure! :(

I would be wary of Germans settling. They seem to decide in every game of mine a certain spot of Europe to settle and aggressively go for it. My latest would be southern France (for the beaches I suppose) and all of Norway (Skiing?), which they've turned German. Though I'm sure you, if such an event was to occur, could defeat the local forces with ease. Maneuver, local advantage...and all that....

It's the rest of the H.R.E. that gets tougher.

Neoteros: Thank you very much.

Viden: Haha, well I guess all of my updates tend to end on cliffhangers whether I intend it or not...

AncalagonBlack: I think the territories in Outremer are a little far away for the HRE to be able to successfully adminster them. Though you never know. Still, I'd like to ally with them at some point since those snobby Byzantines won't give me the time of day.

Excellent stuff, Jersualem survives again. I've yet to see any sort of sustained Crusade in CK2, it always seems to sort of fade away

Absolutely loved the last update. Very well written, I must say.

Though, at times I have trouble visualizing the troop movements and the positions of the several armies... Maybe it's just me. :)
But, if you'd consider adding some sort of map next time, indicating troop positions and movements, I'd be much obliged.