• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter Seventy

Peace with Tibet – January 1804

eu3216.jpg

Even as war breaks out all around the Tibetans finally accept their situation handing over everything outside their capital.

After three months, Ceylon and Bengal are occupied; Nepal’s army is on the run even if the forts are yet to fall while Manchu is finding out their shiny new infantry die just as quickly as the last model. War score against Manchu is 48% in three months.

War with the Pope – April 1804

eu3217.jpg

Yes, this is simply another attack on Milan – which has barely started to rebuild its army.

Peace with Manchu – July 1804

eu3218.jpg

91% war score in six months. As long as I get opportunities to attack I will work towards annexation.

Bengal annexed – December 1804

The war with Milan has bogged down again with exhausted assault stacks. I have to march them back to Iroquois territory to reinforce and regain morale so the time between successful assaults is usually three to four months a stack.

The peace deal with Timurid guaranteed Gondwana has just expired while the truce with Manchu guaranteed Korea has only months to run.

I’ve made a very determined effort to place more traders over the last five years, Trade income has all but doubled. I’ve also built a lot of new ships to boost tariff income.

The Economy – January 1805

eu3219.jpg

Shamanism spreads – January 1805

eu3220.jpg

The low number of missionaries available to the Iroquois has really prevented massive conversions but all of Mainland America north of Panama is Shamanist while this shot shows progress in the Caribbean and modern Colombia / Venezuela.

Here’s some screenshots showing just how successful the big Sunni powers have been in spreading the word.

Russia

eu3221.jpg

India

eu3222.jpg

China

eu3223.jpg

Five years ago we had a list of targets; let’s see how it updates. Changes in bold indicate Iroquois intervention.

Timurid Empire – 46 provinces and 3 colonies / 29 provinces and 1 colony
Sweden – 29 provinces / 24 provinces
Golden Horde – 28 provinces / 25 provinces
Ottoman Empire – 28 provinces / 27 provinces
Milan – 24 provinces / 15 provinces
Manchu – 23 provinces / 19 provinces
Bohemia – 13 provinces / 10 provinces
Great Britain – 8 provinces / OPM
Ryazan – 7 provinces / 4 provinces
Japan – 5 provinces / 2 provinces
Nepal – 5 provinces / 5 provinces
Tibet – 5 provinces / OPM
Chagatai – 4 provinces / OPM

Two province countries

Bosnia (Ottoman vassal) / no change
Castile / no change
Ceylon / no change
Denmark / OPM
Korea / OPM
Pskov / no change
Serbia (Ottoman vassal) / no change
Travancore / no change

One province minors

Bengal / Annexed
Burgundy / Annexed
Byzantine Empire / no change
Corfu / no change
Corsica / no change
Crete / no change
Cyprus / no change
Dai Viet / no change
France / no change
Friesland / no change
Gelre (Bohemian vassal) / no change
Gondwana / no change
Gotland / no change
Kashmir / no change
Kurland / Annexed
Maharasthra / no change
Mainz / no change
Maldive / no change
Mongol Khanate / Annexed
Mysore / Annexed
Oirat Horde / Annexed
Orissa / no change
Polotsk / no change
Rajputana / Annexed
Switzerland / no change
Taungu / no change
The Papal State / no change
Tver / no change
Yemen / no change​

There’s a new OPM, Styria.

The current wars which should see Milan and the Golden Horde lose another three provinces each while Nepal, Ceylon, Pskov and Ryazan all become OPMs.

Annexing the Timurids and Manchu will be difficult as neither has issued many guarantees. Sweden has two guarantees and looks annexable. The Golden Horde has guarantees scattered throughout the four Russian minors so there are several routes to war. Milan has three guarantees and Bohemia will become the next HRE – there are four OPMs left in the Empire. The Ottomans have two two province vassals and three guarantees so they are very vulnerable to repeated fast DOWs. I’m hoping that the Ottomans will annex Styria.

As an indication of diplomat consumption let’s look at the plans for the Ottomans.

Six DOWs in quick succession, on the Ottomans then both vassals then the three guaranteed minors

Six peace deals with the Ottomans and three annexations

That’s 15 diplomats before the round of wars to lead to annexation or 3 years and 8 months worth. The problem is I’ll only make about another 65 diplomats.

Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam​

forodrova - Thank you! Enjoying your Venice AAR.

Edzako - I'll run out of time but reducing everyone else to one province only will prove that a Iroquois WC is possible.

Uhuh, just cheat diplomats?
It's not that bad. :p
The world waits to become annexed, but you don't have anyone to go out there and sign the annexation papers. :wacko:
Strange...

Impressive Sunni expansion... the Muslim powers must have read your previous AAR :D

As for map mode switching, I'm even lazier, I use Strannik's hand drawn map, which integrates most physical features into the political map.

Isn't there anything you can do to boost conversion rate, won't changes in sliders, religious policies, national ideas or advisors help?

Prawnstar, at the risk of pharglearism, you're a genius!

That's one impressive map of expansion You have the balance of troops about right, though once uou've destroyed enemy field armies, smaller stacks of infantry with cavalry protectors ought to do the trick. Don't know if you have engineer corps. That might help reduce assault losses.

Just cheat some diplos here ad there. The world already knows theyve lost.

Just imagine what it would be like to live in that world. I can just imagine some Italian history professer going: Stupid Portugeuse idiots. If they had properly nailed the Iroquois 300 years ago when they were still some random American Tribe, we wouldn't be getting conquored right now!

Of course it would have been worse for Portugal. Just imagine their last king, in his dying moments going: What did we release on this world?

Very nice update. Let's hope for a WC.

Just imagine what it would be like to live in that world. I can just imagine some Italian history professer going: Stupid Portugeuse idiots. If they had properly nailed the Iroquois 300 years ago when they were still some random American Tribe, we wouldn't be getting conquored right now!

Of course it would have been worse for Portugal. Just imagine their last king, in his dying moments going: What did we release on this world?

You the same Icekommander from CFC?

I stand in awe sir.
Conquering the world on VH as a pagan new world tribe... :eek:

Now finish off those still silly enough to defy the powAAR of Iroquis! :D

FEEDBACK

Enewald - No cheats, if I don't get there, I don't get there.

aldriq - Is that mod the one that looks a bit like a David Eddings Map? I'm too lazy to mod in the laziness :D

demokratickid - Wherever possible OPMs will be annexed. I don't think I can WC but that won't stop me from trying. There won't be many survivors at the end that much is certain.

Derdiedas - Absolutely, the primary reason that the WC will not happen this game is because I didn't start really trying to do it early enough. I've proven it's possible so I expect someone will go and do it.

Olaus Petrus - The problem is Pagans just don't get many missionaries. There aren't any helpful religious decisions and neither Mecca nor Jerusalem help. More than that I've had to go fully Innovative when westernising and I've not been able to go heavily narrowminded since.

Slider change time is scaled to empire size, I'm over 50 years between changes now so moving further narrowminded won't make much difference. I've actually got a slider move available now but the risk of a stab hit isn't worth it. I already spend enough time fighting rebels.

Chief Ragusa - Thanks!

I doubt my troops are optimised, unddu or Kanitatlan would probably look at my military and shake their heads in disgust. Sieges are just too slow. If the enemy is low tech then I can storm and if they are high tech, Level 6 forts (i.e. every Milanese province) at Land 60+ with ports just don't fall without help. I won't wait three or four years for a siege - I want to fight two wars in that time period so I do it the bloodthirsty way. Even with heavy losses I still move from starting on one province to starting on the next province in about four months.

Small stacks are risky in Europe as some of those big rebel pops are significantly higher tech than my troops - one revolt of Napoleonic Squre Infantry almost destroyed a similar size force of Line Infantry in five days.

rexodia48 - The console leads to the Dark Side ;)

Icekommander - The last Portuguese King died in the revolts that lead to Portugal's 'Tribal' phase. The last Prince of Portugal died on the walls of Froson when the Swedes overran the exiles in Jamtland. (Yeah I know Umlauts)

D'Artagnan59 - Thanks, I'm hoping to but I'm not confident.

Nehekara - Cheers, but it's only going to be a near WC. However, now you know how to do it...

Chapter Seventy One​

War with Gondwana - February 1805

eu3224.jpg

The Timurids can scrape together barely 50,000 men and WE is 10.99. This war will prove to be all about marching time. The only things slowing me down at the moment are Milan’s high tech level 6 fortresses as assaults regularly leave successful stacks ruined for several months or simply fail outright.

Peace with Ryazan – February 1805

eu3225.jpg

Annoyingly they don’t offer all three non capital provinces but there are lots of opportunities to go to war with Ryazan through guarantees and I need to keep them alive as a Horde guaranteed minor. Days later OPM Tver peaces out for cash and cores, kept alive as a DOW target for wars with the Horde.

War with Korea – April 1805

eu3226.jpg

Manchu and Japan both honour so I should be able to reduce Japan to an OPM and strip away a few more provinces from Manchu.

Days later Gondwana gives up 60 ducats for peace. As long as they are guaranteed by the Timurids they’ll survive.

Peace with Japan – May 1805

eu3227.jpg

Japan has no stomach for the fight, offering up its last non capital province after barely 33 days of fighting; gratefully accepted.

Peace with Ceylon – July 1805

eu3228.jpg

Korea will offer peace a few days later for cash and the core on Okinawa.

Milan’s navy sinks – July 1805

eu3229.jpg

After finally managing to storm Genoa the Milanese fleet was forced to sea into the waiting blockade. War score against Milan is now 99%, I’ll make peace as soon as a couple of stray regiments are destroyed. I’ve a five year wait before the next war with Milan so I want to make them work to rebuild.

Peace with the Timurids – August 1805

eu3230.jpg

Provinces are now expensive but the Timurid Empire is slowly shrinking.

Peace with Nepal - September 1805

eu3231.jpg

Nepal is now an OPM. The attack on Bengal succeeded as per plan, the OPM annexed and both guarantors reduced to OPMs. While I wait for the Ottomans to make peace with Styria one way or another I’m looking around for new targets as the remaining big nations are all in truces with me.

Peace with Milan – October 1805

eu3232.jpg

Two provinces for 100 points of war score. Italy is incredibly costly in points per province.

Peace with Pskov – November 1805

eu3233.jpg

The map nicely shows the scattering of Sunni Russian OPMs and the Swedish Empire around Novgorod.

Trade Map of Europe – January 1806

eu3234.jpg

As I really don’t have much interesting to say about the various wars Iroquois are fighting I thought I’d show you the trade map of Europe. There are a lot of COTs as just about every country builds one. Normally I’d disband a few of them – several are only worth a 100 ducats but that 20 prestige hit comes straight off my diplomat production rate.

I currently have 100% victory over the GH and 99% over Manchu.

Chagatai warns us 04/01/1806, that’s the first suicidal minor for a few years and it’s a diplomat saved.

Barahonas converts – 14/01/1806

Peace with Manchu – February 1806

eu3235.jpg

The peace treaty with Corsica expires in about three month’s time. They are guaranteed by Milan and they are part of the Empire. Denmark is still HRE but will lose the next election to Bohemia.

Normally this would be a great opportunity to attack Milan before they’ve rebuilt but a war with Denmark now will impact on the next round of wars with Sweden as I plan to DOW Sweden, then DOW Swedish guaranteed Denmark, then DOW Swedish and Danish guaranteed Gotland. An out of sequence war with Denmark will mean one less chance to take a bite out of Sweden.

I’ll attack two province Castile next drawing in OPM Great Britain who’ve guaranteed them and OPM Chagatai.

February 1806, Nepal becomes a vassal of Manchu, excellent news as this should allow an extra attack route on Manchu and possibly cost one less diplomat overall.

War with Castile – April 1806

eu3236.jpg

Both Great Britain and Chagatai join in this war, three enemies with only four provinces between them.

Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam​