• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see you continuing AP! And with an emperor's murder no less! Time for some more comedy in the EU3-section.

Thanks! And I suppose, in lieu of actual comedy, this train wreck will suffice :)

Oh dear, oh dear... they are back... :eek::D

Oh, and glad to hear the daughter's fine and sorry for your loss (life comes with plusses and minusses).

Thank you and, indeed you are right.

It is alive? :eek:
Conquer the lost lands!

All in good time...muahaha

life feels so much more comfortable ...;)

:) thanks

I'd say you're pretty much back to form already :D Loved the 'something wet inna sheets'

haha, thanks I liked that too

An offer he cannot refuse...again. Hah!

Welcome back, and it seems that you're in your fine comedic form as always!

Thanks, glad to be back

I had to go back and re read the last couple of updates. It's been SOOOO long.

So did I...it has been ages.

Brilliant Update. Imperial murder!

Imperial murders are always the highlight...glad I could return to one :)

I am sorry to hear about your loss and want to congratulate you on your daughter's triumph.

On to the AAR, I'm happy to see it continue. The mention of Aslak-class dreadnoughts is, if possible, even more exciting than the return or Erik, Paulie and the exit of Bard.

Oh and: was the highlight of this update for me. :) Closely followed by Erik's b*tching about his 650-thread sheets. :D

The sheets was one I liked ... Oh I dream of this game in Vicky 2...I can't wait to see how the most oppresive regime (with free press) in the world deals with nationalism!

And thanks for the kind words

Holy crap, it's back! You just made my day, I can't wait hear more wacky adventures.

Long live the Crovans!

Also, sorry to hear about about your personal problems, hopefully you're handling it well. i know how you feel, my family is going through tough times too.

Yeah, sometimes life gets...difficult.

This AAR is like Crovans. A mutated insane construct that just wouldn't die :D

har har har...it lives

1642-1646: In which Kennet suspects infidelity

Erik IV Dagmarsson Crovan

Emperor of the Crovan Empire, King of the Western Isles, King of the East and West Vikings, King of Germania and King of Vinland and the Skraelingias. Lord of Foppingtonia, Slavelandia and Zanzibar, High Admiral of Gibralter, Life-President of the Sino Trade Company and the Rightful King of All Poland.

ErikIVCap.jpg

In Which Erik Purchases A Bride
(18 September 1642 – 31 December 1646)

8801.jpg

Well then Gentlemen, wasn’t that war just fabulous? My little difficulty was taken care of, the Sicilian Flag Makers Guild thinks they’ve gotten their revenge,” Erik titters a little at that,” Kennet here can now enjoy his dignity, free from Imperial hiney-wiping, and Russia has ceded us all of their Spanish lands complements of a peace with the Mamluks.”

“Will they never learn?”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

“Indeed Your Majesty, that was a fantastic peace accord. Why, not only does it cripple the Russian’s position in the Western Mediterranean, but I think by bolstering the Portuguese Crovans with some lands we can…”

KingErikIV.jpg

Erik pressed one finger to his mouth. “Tsst…not finished Kennet…and I’m way ahead of you.”

KingErikIV.jpg

“Gentlemen, the Portuguese Crovans sent an emissary to us to negotiate just that. I reminded them that they are useless and treacherous backstabbers and we True Crovans have long memories.”

“Also, since I was having trouble finding ‘volunteers’ for the Assistant Laureate, I commandeered the Emissary. Meet the new Assistant Laureate, Prince Erlend de Crovan.”

JoaodeCrovan.jpg

“Good day, my friends. It is a pleasure to hold almost the same position as the fabled Full-Dan the Poet King. In Portugal, the Limerick…”

KingErikIV.jpg

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. We get it. Anyway, I just can’t wait to share this next bit of news: I got married! Since I’m Emperor now, I need to get some heirs. So I bought a Castilian Princess.”

8802.jpg

“I just gave them all that stuff we took from Russia.”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

“But…But…”

KingErikIV.jpg

“Oh shush Kennet…you know as well as I do the people would never let up until I got married and made some horrid little children to rule after me, so I did.”

“Her name is Catherine and she has such darling taste in hats.”

EmpressCatherine.jpg

“Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we…”

KingErikIV.jpg

“Okay, super. Now shoo. Shoo. Don’t come back ‘till you’ve gotten an heir for me.” Erik waved her off dismissively.

EmpressCatherine.jpg

Catherine was confused. “But, wait…don’t”

KingErikIV.jpg

“I’m sorry? Was I not clear? I’ve done my part, you’re an Empress and I have bedded you two times so you ought to have enough Imperial sperms to last for a whole brood of Crovans. Now go make babies,” he pointed towards the door, “take a cruise or something, just get out of my hair!”

EmpressCatherine.jpg

“Well…I never!” The Empress stormed off in a snit.

KingErikIV.jpg

“Ha ha. Women? AmIright?

2 years later

KingErikIV.jpg

“Great news everyone! Catherine is back from her goodwill tour of North Scraelingia, Foppingtonia and Slavelandia. And best of all, she’s borne me a son! Everyone meet Harald Eriksson!”

HaraldIIChild.jpg

“Hello!”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

“Oh! What a pleasure to mee…goo…Good Lord, sire….don’t he look a tad. Er? Black?

KingErikIV.jpg

“Eh? That? Well, it is pretty sunny in Slavelandia. He just picked up a killer tan I expect.”

And now, Erik can officially hold the reigns of power. With his little protégé and, um, son? around to train, what lies in store for the future? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hahahahaha... I can not but wonder what will happen with Harald the Sunburnt next... :D

Hahahaha ohhh dear, a pretty hilarious update though, I LOL'ed at the 'Hello' bit fairly loudly. Probably the combination of the dialogue and that brilliantly stoic painting.

Ummm. Remind me, how did Russians end up in Spain?

In 1566 they inherited the Kingdom of Athens, which included parts of Greece and most of Anatolia

In 1592 they concluded a war with Scotland-In-Greece, Tunisia and the Muslim Archbisphoric of Riga in Andelusia, which gave them a toe hold in N. Africa and some more of Greece

By 1607 they owned Croatia

In 1618 another war with Riga gave them the southern tip of "our" Portugal

During the 1620-1640 time frame, they did the samething we did with Riga, which is to jump on them over and over. At one point they lost their Portuguese territory, but they held large swatches of coastal Spain (La Mancha, Granada and Cordoba and that one territory they still have)

By 1648, their last Spanish territory rebelled and reformed Riga-In-Spain, but the Rus consoled themselves by thrashing Tunisia again and taking a big chunk of North Africa.

I have assumed that, the Crovan dominance of the Baltic forced them to look south for a warm water port. Having claimed a warm water port (Constantinople), now they were working towards dominance of the Med. and Spain to guard their access to the Atlantic and potential colonies (also to allow them to break the Crovan stranglehold of the seas). The Crovans devote a considerable amount of seapower and military power to this region over the coarse of the game to keep the Russians bottled up (Hence the District of Gibralter which has access to 2-3 battle fleets, a strong transport fleet and around 20,000-40,000 soldiers at any given point in time as well as the endless Peninsular wars and the mostly futile attempts to prop up Castile and Portugal as regional powers to counter Russian adventures in Iberia)

Last edited:
It's Cold War 300 years early :D

It really is!

Hahahaha ohhh dear, a pretty hilarious update though, I LOL'ed at the 'Hello' bit fairly loudly. Probably the combination of the dialogue and that brilliantly stoic painting.

Thanks...I like Harald's portrait

Harald might accidentally... well something that usually happens to all 'Crovans'.
You did what in Iberia??? :confused::eek:o:eek::wacko::eek:

Oh, gave it all away (save Gibraltar)

Hahahahaha... I can not but wonder what will happen with Harald the Sunburnt next... :D

:) Should be interesting!

1647-1651: Erik Dagmarsson - #1 Dad

Erik IV Dagmarsson Crovan

Emperor of the Crovan Empire, King of the Western Isles, King of the East and West Vikings, King of Germania and King of Vinland and the Skraelingias. Lord of Foppingtonia, Slavelandia and Zanzibar, High Admiral of Gibralter, Life-President of the Sino Trade Company and the Rightful King of All Poland.

ErikIVCap.jpg

In Which Kennet Commits Treason
(1 January 1647 – 30 March 1651)

From the acclaimed 1985 CBC Documentary “The Fall of the House of Asta”

0259.jpg

“Against all odds, Erik actually fell in love with his new son Harald, neglecting the duties of the Emperor to taking fishing trips, go on cruises about the empire and really, just bond.”

8901.jpg

“His grip on power slipped to such an extent that three major wars were launched and concluded without the approval of the Emperor or the Imperial Cabinet. In all cases, local leaders simply launched into wars for personal gain.

8902.jpg

With the encouragement of their father, Einar Egilsson, the virtual overlord of Sraelingia, his sons launched a private war against Zapotec with Crovan soldiers ‘appropriated’ for that task, giving themselves large personal fiefs and a hefty percentage of the war indemnity.

8903.jpg

The lack of any sort of Imperial response caused Ossor Larsson, commander of the 10,000 strong Mexico Horse Division to do the same thing to the Incan Empire.

He too wound up enriching himself as well as the Empire, securing Lima and the last Non-Crovan major trade center in the Skraelingias.

8904.jpg

This led directly to a Sino Trade Company Director deliberately provoking Tunisia…

8905.jpg

…and her allies into a war with the goal of gaining a Persian foothold.

8907.jpg

Instead, the Sino Battle Fleet of Carracks was swept from the sea and then the surprisingly decent Persian fleet sank a transport fleet and pinned the only other fleet in India.

8908.jpg

Forced to intervene by the public outcry over the defeats, Erik gave orders that the Indian Ocean enemies be ignored and Tunisia crushed, which they were, with overwhelming force that included the Famed Imperial Marines.

Then a slightly less dilapidated fleet of Caravels was dispatched to maintain Crovan power in the Indian Ocean and Erik called it a day.

The grumblings in his cabinet grew…

JoaodeCrovan.jpg

“…and not to mention that you’ve been an Imperial Advisor for more than 50 years. You’re the only one he’ll trust.”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

Kennet pondered this a moment. “Yes, yes, I guess you’re right. It is up to me to save the Empire and Erik from, well, himself.” He strode purposefully from the room.

ErikAmundsen.jpg

“I know it has to be done, but why Kennet? We all like him?”

JoaodeCrovan.jpg

“Well, see, I’m involved in this death pool and if I get one more, I think I’ll have enough points to win the league this year…”

Kennet bursts into the Emperor’s Apartments. Erik and Harald are making Macaroni Pictures.

KingErikIV.jpg

“Oh son, that’s just fabulous! It looks just like your mom…eh? Yes Kennet?”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

Kennet took a deep breath, his heart racing and mouth dry as a bone. Then he spoke. “Well sire, I’ve been an advisor to the Imperial Court longer than you’ve been alive. I started my service under the Great Brain-Dan IV. I served Erik III the Conqueror and his children Gunnar III, your mother Dagmar and Bard IV. Now I serve you. Sire, in that capacity and out of the love I bear you and your family, I must implore you: Sire, the Empire needs you. Please, please return to your duties.

KingErikIV.jpg

“What? And neglect my son? Impossible!”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

“Sire, that child is obviously not yours.”

HaraldIIChild.jpg

KingErikIV.jpg

Erik’s face hardened, when he spoke it was softly. “Thank you Kennet. That will be all. I shall take your words into careful consideration and act accordingly.”

Kennet smiled and bowed. He left the room almost giddily. That had gone very, very well. He’d saved the empire no doubt.

The next day

8910.jpg

So that’s it for Crovania’s long suffering Imperial advisor. Will Erlend win his Deathpool? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Reactions:
Whooops, still apart from the losing the fleet thing, I'd say the rampant conquest went well.

That picture still cracks me up..

Haha.

Careful consideration...of how to kill Kenny! The bastard!

...I meant Harald the Tanned, next great king of Crovania. Can't wait. Knowing the Crovans, probably won't have to wait long.

Well, I just finished going through this great AAR. And what do I see but a new update? Good job as always. :D

Harald is obviously Erik's son: he, um, has his father's... er... Eyes! Yes, that's it! They both have brown eyes! No-one could fail to see the dead-on similarity!

Poor Kennet. As usual, advisors die for the most trifling reasons. Spiffing last words, though. :)

I bet they are all jumping to become the next Crovan Advisor. :D

Whooops, still apart from the losing the fleet thing, I'd say the rampant conquest went well.

That picture still cracks me up..

:) It'll be back soon

I still cannot there is some Crovan left alive.
Well, actually there are no real pure Crovans left...

There is...there is one...

Haha.

Careful consideration...of how to kill Kenny! The bastard!

...I meant Harald the Tanned, next great king of Crovania. Can't wait. Knowing the Crovans, probably won't have to wait long.

That is true! On both counts...

Well, I just finished going through this great AAR. And what do I see but a new update? Good job as always. :D

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Harald is obviously Erik's son: he, um, has his father's... er... Eyes! Yes, that's it! They both have brown eyes! No-one could fail to see the dead-on similarity!

Poor Kennet. As usual, advisors die for the most trifling reasons. Spiffing last words, though. :)

Thanks...Poor Kennet. He served so long and suffered so. In the end, hanging probably came as a relief

well failing to recognise the pure Crovan in Harald is scarcely trifling.

Quite true. The punishment fit the crime!

I bet they are all jumping to become the next Crovan Advisor. :D

And why not? The death benefits are great: 30 lashes of day and all the gruel you can eat for the next of kin!

Great last words!:D

Also, all hail Harold the Suntanned!:rofl:

Haha! thanks!

After lurking in both of your crovan AARs, I must say that they are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for telling me and I'm glad you like them :)