• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[*] Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.
Very good :) Right now 2 out of 3 factories build are for goods that is labeled as "not in high demand," but still better then glass, right? ;)

Will capitalists get a bit of a helping hand?
In my current games, they have a tendency to make some rather poor investment decisions - and they end up financially ruining themselves and grumbling about it afterward :)

edit - Even the successful capitalists seem to struggle getting the goods they need - and that's when they're running profitable factories.

Better handling of the rebels by the AI? But will the rebellions be tuned down a bit?? I do knolw how to handle the rebels......but I won't love to perform this task every one or two minutes, seriously....LOL.....

:mad:

This is great, however, my biggest concern is the rebels. And based on what you said, you're only going to improve how AI countries handle the rebels? How about rebels in my own country? :mad:

Until this is fixed, I'll probably be playing Starcraft 2 more than Vic2.

Thank you for the update but I need to agree with NobleJms, At the moment rebels are also an issue in my country which stops being fun to play due to what appears to be impossible expectations. I do think that part of the issue is my own mistakes the others though is a game issue.

While an oppressive state such as Czarist Russia may have a lot of issues handling its population I dont really think that the US should have to deal with a civil war every few years against Jacobian, Anarcho-liberals, or Confederate nationalists every few years, not to mention that at present each of these "civil wars" is far more threatening than the actual American Civil War.

Please also add an option, at least for human controlled nations, to leave, or at least fight becoming part of, a SOI.* Also, it could be nice, if SOI-members would get a some sort of color-scheme (vertical stripes?) in the politcal map-mode, so that it is clearly visible who belongs to whom and also so that i can overcome my desire to paint my dependants in my national colour.

Also implement options for gifts (!= trades!), please. Be it handing over lump-sums of money, or a state. Gifts may or may not increase realtions - this would be the only ´trading´-aspect of it. Give the AI some positive conditions under which it will grant some improved relations (as in: ´only if state is adjacent to any owned state, or...´, but not ´always, but not if...´), so it will be less likely be exploitable.

* For fighting to not become part of a SOI, i´d suggest, that every civ gets 20% of a GP´s influence (25% for 2nd tiers?), uncivs 10% and that they can only spend it in their own country (but in the diplo-screen, you´d click the GP to choose), counting against a chosen GP. This way, civs could, maybe, manage to avoid getting into a SOI altogether, while uncivs would be more faces with the question, whose partner they really dont want to become - but eventually, they´d become part of some sphere.

EDIT: Also, i´d like to using influence cost money (maybe depending on the size of the targets? Answer: Yes!) and an option of how much of that influence you want to utilize.

Another one: NFs enabled for foreign states for purposes of espionage (intelligence and sabotage)! Utilization of NFs could also cost money.

Last edited:
Take however long you need to get it working. The game is still fun regardless, and community fixes can tide us until a polished patch is released... Which brings the next question. Any possibiilty of getting the Mod folder working in the next patch?

I usually agree, but the late game economic problem is so big thing, I'd rather not wait for long this time. :(

Yes please. My main issue so far :p
Shouldn't be too hard to demote all foreign crats in colonies when conquered (which isn't very ahistorical either), and in colonies, [only] make primary culture [able] more likely to become crats?

Fixed to suit my opinion. The ratio of crats not of the dominant culture of the state to that of these could also have an impact on militancy (if it doesnt, yet).
If dutch java has twice as many dutch crats (i like that abbreviation :D) than javanese, the militancy of the javanese should rise due to it, while if it is vice versa, maybe their con should rise, as long as it is not a state (or somesuch)... The effect on the dutch population should be reversed.

Better handling of the rebels by the AI? But will the rebellions be tuned down a bit?? I do knolw how to handle the rebels......but I won't love to perform this task every one or two minutes, seriously....LOL.....

Reforms ;) I think rebels are WAD. After I made some reforms with germany, major uprising stopped (for some time, then again reforms). Hm ok, maybe after crushing a major rebellion this shouldnt happen for ~ a decade.

But my 3 major concerns seem to be addressed in this patch. thumbs up!

The problem with that is that countries get stuck in a rut where you can't do reforms because of politics. Then you have massive rebel uprisings that occur in a very stupid way. By that I am referring to 100 rebel armies spawning simultaneously. There is no way that can be WAD but I'll wait and see in the patch.

The problem with that is that countries get stuck in a rut where you can't do reforms because of politics. Then you have massive rebel uprisings that occur in a very stupid way. By that I am referring to 100 rebel armies spawning simultaneously. There is no way that can be WAD but I'll wait and see in the patch.

All rebels spawning simultaneously is feature, and badly needed too. EU3 type revolts don't really make sense as they aren't any threat. Mass uprising is threat.

Of course, current rebel problems are mainly because liberals really start to hate you if political reforms aren't enacted. Which is quite strange, as they should be using peaceful methods, leaving rebelling to Anarcho-Liberals.

I dont mind rebellions, I will kill them gladly and watch out for them in my ranks...but as a pop of only 2m males...I cant afford to kill a 100k often.

Could we request a "jump to state/jump to factories in state" button on the population window for a state?

I know such things are very low on priority, but still, implementing them somewhere along the line would be great.

I'm sure there will be a selection of balancing tweaks, whai is all the majority of the issues not listed in the original post need. One thing I mentioned in one of the gazillion 'first impressions' threads, though, I would like to see: relations visibility in the Diplomacy screen. The screen currently shows the diplomatic points accumulated by each GP in each country - but unless you know the relationship the GP has with that country, you don't really know how big a (diplomatic) threat they pose. Are the Prussians threatening to drop your relationship and make a bid for ousting a nation from your sphere, or are they just trying to get back to 'Cordial' relations?

To keep the text density down, all that is needed, I think, is some sort of colour code on the cells. Maybe (pastel) green = Friendly, blue = Cordial and pink = Opposed?

Any news on improving the CSA? As in, having a lot more troops, generals, and have factories not disappearing.

Factories and inventions were reported and I hope they will be fixed. As for troops I don't need more, I could field 300 brigades in 1870's, while 60 were enough to deal with USA (they tried to take back what they lost, but it resulted in two more states going to CSA: Missouri and Indiana). After that I became #3 GP and they slipped to #5 :)

I gave up because of high militancy and cross-country revolts while being unable to implement any reform. The capis didn't built a thing as well. All those issues are already reported.

All rebels spawning simultaneously is feature, and badly needed too. EU3 type revolts don't really make sense as they aren't any threat. Mass uprising is threat.

Of course, current rebel problems are mainly because liberals really start to hate you if political reforms aren't enacted. Which is quite strange, as they should be using peaceful methods, leaving rebelling to Anarcho-Liberals.

The spontaneous revolts aren't a problem. As you say, mass revolt is much more plausible.

However, when I have a civil war every 2 weeks caused by either liberals or the dozens of German nationalists, it can get kind of annoying. It's not difficult, just incredibly aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.