• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got any plans to overhaul the system of capital distribution within a country? The "borrow from the National Bank" feature doesn't seem to be working, and I always end up with tons of money in the NB and state treasury, while capitalists without an income can't complete their projects and grow resentful.

Capis borrowing from NB to fund projects is not in the game. NB is just for governments that need to take loans.

Well, the AI is pretty bad at dealing with the rebellions.

Yes it is, but continent wide anarcho-liberal/jacobin rebellions *probably* ought not be happening in the first place.

I mean seriously - Jacobins in the US?
In Russia or Prussia while they're absolute monarchy's? sure.
Even eventually in a constitutional monarchy with a restrictive franchise... but they still revolt even when you have universal voting.

In addition, you often can't even enact reforms, despite repeated country wide revolts because your upper house doesn't think its serious enough since 'average' militancy is low.

Other important issues that should be patched:
- Huge assimilation (historically the only overseas areas in which the empires' culture was dominant were in areas almost unpopulated before colonisation)

That's Working As Designed.
The assimilation rate is ahistorically big, but this was done to improve performance in the end-game (i.e. less different POPs to calculate and keep track of).

You can change this manually very easily if you want to.

Assimilation can be adjusted by continent (among other factors), so making it slower/harder to assimilate people in europe/asia/africa while keeping a higher rate of assimilation in the americas is possible.

Regarding the patch: Will the fix to make armies/navies show as flags when zoomed out make it in?
But reducing assimilation would cause performance trouble in late game. Or so i heard.

So if it has to be kept, at least colonial migration could be cut down and assimilation there (i assume there is assimilation in colonies, too?) needs to be into majority and not primary culture, so we don't have Swedish Egypt or something.

The assimilation rate is ahistorically big, but this was done to improve performance in the end-game (i.e. less different POPs to calculate and keep track of).

Question: is it possible to change the assimilation rate per pop-type?
That would allow some mid-points that would maintain the overall ethnic makeup but severely kill off the possible number of pops. (thinking for modding here)

Capis borrowing from NB to fund projects is not in the game. NB is just for governments that need to take loans.
This is not true. Capitalists can borrow from the NB if there are no factories in the state.

It may just be me, but I find the mention only of AI dealing with rebellions, and not rebellions themselves, to be extremely disturbing.

In my experience, the main rebellion problem has been just that, that the AI cant handle it and constantly has their entire country under rebel occupation.

In my very first game as Korea, when i didnt know what i was doing (and hence picked the event choise regarding westernization that permanently raises militancy), i had issues with militancy, but all it would ever do was to spawn 2-division armies here and there, which could be killed in a few days by shift-clicking my armies around ^_^

In my second game, also playing an asian country, now choosing the isolation event, my militancy and conciousness is constantly dropping down to 0, no matter how much i tax, tarriff, abuse and humiliate my own peasants :D

This may be argued that "well wait until lategame", but the fact remains, the AI ALREADY has their entire countries under rebel occupation (which means they let the rebel armies sit there in peace until the occupation timer finished, which is about 120 days?).

The AI rebel problem is imo the thing that needs fixing.

It may just be me, but I find the mention only of AI dealing with rebellions, and not rebellions themselves, to be extremely disturbing.

Presmably fixing the economy should also nuke militancy a bit.

Is this why in 1860 54% of the population in British India is British?

In my experience, the main rebellion problem has been just that, that the AI cant handle it and constantly has their entire country under rebel occupation.

In my very first game as Korea, when i didnt know what i was doing (and hence picked the event choise regarding westernization that permanently raises militancy), i had issues with militancy, but all it would ever do was to spawn 2-division armies here and there, which could be killed in a few days by shift-clicking my armies around ^_^

In my second game, also playing an asian country, now choosing the isolation event, my militancy and conciousness is constantly dropping down to 0, no matter how much i tax, tarriff, abuse and humiliate my own peasants :D

This may be argued that "well wait until lategame", but the fact remains, the AI ALREADY has their entire countries under rebel occupation (which means they let the rebel armies sit there in peace until the occupation timer finished, which is about 120 days?).

The AI rebel problem is imo the thing that needs fixing.

uh. play a bit more.
You get country-wide pan-nationalist revolts as *Sweden*.

A significant part of the problem I'll admit isn't the the rebellions per se, but the inability of governments to reform despite constant rebellions because average militancy isn't brought up by a few really really angry pops, but you get massive jacobin revolts even as the US, and the frequency is utterly ridiculous.

Well, if the game utilized more than one cpu cores then I'm sure the end-game performance will improve drastically regardless of the amount of populations. It's a total pain to play my Yugoslavia game in 1951 now because of the amount of lag (as in game running slow).

As you can see in the screenshot below, the game is underutilizing my computer resources. For a cpu-intensive game, it needs to utilize more of processor resources but it's not and thus causing performance issues late game when there is usually a lot of action. My computer should be able to rip apart this game but it's not. My computer can run Mafia II or Metro 2033 on maximum settings with virtually no issues. This game? It's slagging, largely because of the under-utilization of computer resources. If Paradox programed the game to utilize all of my computer's resources then all performance issues everyone's been having will essentially go away and we'll have a better game in our hands.

v2cpu.jpg

Last edited:

Then obviously it's poorly designed :) Have you actually checked for example national composition by 1870 in say Austria?

There was ideas flowing around like enabling small pops to merge with big pops quite fast but when you have pops of a similar size or vise versa to greatly slow down the process.

Otherwise china conquest is quite borked and this assimilation one of the main reasons why AI Prussia is a weakling compared to any colonial power.

This is not true. Capitalists can borrow from the NB if there are no factories in the state.

It's supposed to happen, but it never - or at least extremely seldom - actually does. I each game as the US, I've seen only one or two succesful attempts to establish a factory in a state that didn't have any at the start, and if these turn out to be unprofitable, the next local projects are eternally stalled as well. Meanwhile, the pops in the four or five industrial states hoard insane amounts of cash in the NB (around $10 million in 1870) that nobody seems to want.

Hmm, it seems to be missing some major elements.

1. How about the overpromotion of bureaucrats and soldiers?

2. The frequency of rebellions?

3. Colonial over-migration?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.