• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ill try to get one out before the end of the week.

I hope after this massive editing and experimenting it wont be that difficult to do the next one, since I can just move the diplomatic sections that covers the latest game.

I would like to be able to move armies etc across but I can't do that. I think it would take to much time to do that.

Ok it is 1460 and the time to switch to Wales. Here is some info about Wales in the new map.

Walesstart.jpg

genandcort.jpg

Apparently we have been to war with Tyrone but have not gained anything from it, except angry in-laws (The Christmas after the war must have been a barrel of laughs!). We are not only married to Tyrone but also Denmark, our ally, Leinster, and Mecklenburg. Denmark is not our only ally, Hamburg is also on our side. I hope they will be more useful this time around. When they were allied with The Knights they were as useful as a chocolate teapot!

The court is quite descent except for the spy. He will have to go. Not sure if I should keep the naval tech guy. He might be of use in the other map.

The economy and sliders looks as follows.

Ekonomi.jpg

At the moment we are loosing money but at least we have negative inflation.

The religious and army screen holds no strange information.

Religonarmy.jpg

The National ideas screen holds a surprise. The AI has chosen Great Shipbuilding and Espionage as our national ideas. The Espionage has to go. If we are going to attack Cornwall we need to find a way there through Terra Incognita.

Nationalideas.jpg

Let the Game Begin (for Wales).

Another map for you lot. Purple is our ally Denmark, who we also have a royal marriage with, Red is our other ally Hamburg, who has two (!) provinces, Yellow represent Tyrone with the cranky in-laws, Pink is Mecklenburg and finally Brown for Leinster. The circled bit is our goal Cornwall

Mapfriendsandfamily.jpg

In February we decide to help fate along and warn Cornwall. Hopefully they will go to war and we will get a free Casus Belli on them. At the same time Trade tech reaches two.

Insults.jpg

We also decide to put all our eggs in the stability basket so we can dump the espionage idea for QFTNW. Without that we can’t attack Cornwall.

STab-2.jpg

At the end of March 1460 our man pool finally reaches 1000 so we swiftly recruit a Latin medieval infantry regiment in Glamorgan.

In may we give fate another push towards the formation of Great Wales by insulting Cornwall.

The Gods seems to approve of this since directly afterwards Castile offers us an alliance. We accept gladly.

insultsagain.jpg

Castile, our new best friend, is the blue one on the map.

Castilleadded.jpg

Hopefully they will be very useful for us since they seem to be one of my continents major players.

Even God seems to like us at the moment and instructs us to infiltrate the Vatican.

spy-1.jpg

aldriq said:
Just be careful that Castille doesn't annex Cornwall before you get there :)

I love the name of your king, good consonant-to-vowel ratio :cool:

NOOOOO I hope not. I can't take on the Might of Castille.

You can never have to many consonants in Welsh name :p

Mannisks said:
This is the most psychedelic AAR I have seen!

Thank you. I hope it will be truly mad.

On the 1st of July we reach stab 2 which means we soon can switch national idea. We also decide to try to improve our relationship with Castile but they retuned our lovely child the next day.

Stabandmarriage.jpg

No.jpg

At the end of the month we contemplate attacking Brunswick. They look like a nice OMP ripe for the picking but alas they are allied to England and I am quite sure England would just gobble us up at this stage (plus Cornwall is our goal not Brunswick). The plan is put on ice until further notice.

Brunswick.jpg

Since we have merchants popping out of every pore of our nation we decide to use them for something useful and dispatch all five to Lisboa, since one of the other centres seems to accept my merchants. (If anyone knows what the green box by Novgorod means please tell me I have no idea. Can someone also explain why none of my merchants are not send automatically? The function is switched on). I hope this will mean we will be quids in!

Trade.jpg

March 1461 brings us up to Stab 3 which means we can switch the national idea without going under 0. We take the drop and we can now start charting a rout to Cornwall and Great Wales.

On the 7th of March four out of five Merchants manages to get a stall up and running in Lisboa.

We feel truly blessed by Mammon

- “Wool, Get yer nice Wool here” (or whatever we trade in)

Mammon.jpg

More to follow.

Enewald said:
I wonder why your maps are as they are. :D

Drugged cartographers. It is actually a normal map seen through the eyes of a delirious Dutch cartographer. Ever 7 years I give him Ginever and it reverts to normal!

Sweboy said:
Drugged cartographers. It is actually a normal map seen through the eyes of a delirious Dutch cartographer. Ever 7 years I give him Ginever and it reverts to normal!

Absinth more like it :D

The green thing next to novgorod is a autosend. Go to the CoT and click the green thing next to the merchant icon.

rexodia48 said:
The green thing next to novgorod is a autosend. Go to the CoT and click the green thing next to the merchant icon.

Slight problem. I think I need to find it first! I thought the circle at the left hand corner was the auto send. What does it mean when it is red?