• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

Very impressive. I don't know how you find a way to always get involved in fights you want^^.

I have a few questions:

- How do you get vision on Muscovy and Novgorod in your game, i don't understand how the fog works in this game. Each time i play i have no vision on those countries so i can't do anything in the early game.

- To have a peace enforcement you need to have +100 relationship, how do you get it so easily? alliance + RM + gift + guaranty??

-

Thx for your reports!

I hate Lithuania lol, granted I used them as stepping stone to rotate my troops between the ottamans and russia and was my best buddy for a long time in the first 150 years. But they somehow always have an heir and I didn't manage to PU them so had to do it the hard way.. tank the OE... if they stay their original size it is >>400% warscore -.- Take Polsk and Ukraine from them still above 300%, such a pain.... keep this annoying thing in mind lol

I hate Lithuania lol, granted I used them as stepping stone to rotate my troops between the ottamans and russia and was my best buddy for a long time in the first 150 years. But they somehow always have an heir and I didn't manage to PU them so had to do it the hard way.. tank the OE... if they stay their original size it is >>400% warscore -.- Take Polsk and Ukraine from them still above 300%, such a pain.... keep this annoying thing in mind lol

Yeah, it's not helping that Lithuania, Poland, and Denmark all simultaneously decided they're best friends,and to build lvl 4 and 5 forts everywhere. but they'll get theirs after a while, just slowly.

Looks very nice. I was unsure if I wanted to specify that Asian colony as Taiwan, though that's what I did in my campaign before protectorate-berserking.. but wow, I like the way you're just about shy of bordering anyone in Africa and Asia.

Vive la Karavinkonie libre! ;)

Taiwan was the first one before protectorate-ifying Manchu and Japan. Now they're only 2 or 3 techs behind me, so I can colonize wherever,

I have a few questions:

- How do you get vision on Muscovy and Novgorod in your game, i don't understand how the fog works in this game. Each time i play i have no vision on those countries so i can't do anything in the early game.

- To have a peace enforcement you need to have +100 relationship, how do you get it so easily? alliance + RM + gift + guaranty??

Thx for your reports!

To the first question, I believe most western countries can see them at the beginning: certainly Novgorod, if not Muscovy too. for seeing all of their territory, you can move into Terra Incognita of nations you're at war with.

To the second, nations have been very happy to make alliances with me, especially when they're under attack. this means that send gift + alliance is a +75 relations in 2 months. For most nations, this and a few months of Improve Relations is enough to get to +100

How are things going on the colonial front? Are you just having your Colonial Nations bear the brunt for you?

I'll include a New World screenshot in the next update. All the native nations are gone, so it's just the colonial nations colonizing their borders. It's kinda cute, like kids in a sandbox.

While it's probably too early to be thinking about this, I have an idea for the next AAR.

Own every coastal Provence, and ONLY coastal provinces. Non coastal provinces could be held by your vassals/PUs/protectorates etc if needed. Denmark might be a good nation to try this as, if it isn't too hard.

Great work on your world domination attempt, looks like you've got it in the bag already.

Who Says Feeding's Dead?

Subjugating the Ming seems to have dropped their stability to the point where they lost the mandate of heaven. I'll keep them alive thru it though. It's only fair, what with the huge area of land they're giving me the trade good from.
SfEOJ6v.png

qNXNr59.png

Elsewhere, in Europe, Ukraine grows, and Burgundy shrinks to a vassalable size.
sww606L.png

JRF96wT.png

The Ottomans have been amassing some allies while I've been coring their provinces. The war proves to be easier than expected, as their troops are inferior and we keep getting stack-wipes. Soon, the King of England-turned-Great-Britain-Turned-Holy-Roman-Empire stands in the sacked Ottoman capital.
zh4Mfc8.png

pUoOwrP.png

GngtGCc.png

We settle the peace deals with each nation individually to maximize the impact of the war. Crimea and the Mughals both had to annul their alliances with the Ottomans.
FCp03q4.png

7AJx5xB.png

In colonial news, the Eastern coast of Asia was secured to avoid accidental colonization and westernization. The colonial nations have begun filling in the gaps in their borders, and will soon have all of South America filled up.
mRdFNMh.png

iqKIEHG.png

Najd is annexed (with careful mind payed to their borders), so now Mecca is under our control. The extra missionary will be helpful. Serbia fills the new slot for vassalization, as they got beat up by their neighbors a lot and are finally under 30 base tax.
IneNJuX.png

od766cb.png

The big discovery at this point is that QQ is still fabricating claims, basically against everyone. This means that they can be reliably fed provinces, like the vassals of old! God, do I love horde protectorates.
wjkEilH.png

The next war is for the conquest of Riga, but ends up pulling the whole gang in again. Our king dies leading a column of mercenaries to stomp all over the Lithuanian forces, yielding a less legitimate but better king.
FB5RRmL.png

shilCKg.png

Eventually, Ukraine gains some more provinces, Denmark loses some, and we vassalize Riga. Riga, the OPM and theocracy, was taking 117 days per siege phase due to a march and a lvl 5 fort. Never again.

We also manage to cut Mali in half, as a bonus.
7ovXeAV.png

BtNpFnc.png

And now, the world.
qgwfJNA.png

There's just over 100 years left, but the news that QQ will fabricate claims on their neighbors speeds up conquest of the Ottomans a lot. Soon, it'll be time to take the rest of India, too.

You're lucky that your India isn't very fractured. Looks like you'll only need two or three wars to protect(orate) them all. To same something less nice: those borders look atrocious! :D

You're lucky that your India isn't very fractured. Looks like you'll only need two or three wars to protect(orate) them all. To same something less nice: those borders look atrocious! :D
India tends to get united these days on 1.4, in every game i played when I get to India there is always only 2 or 3 powers left in play... which is great for WC :)

Got my badges :p:p:p Thank you Eugene so much for the idea and inspiration for doing this! I fully approve and support this as the prime 1.4 WC idea! You are the best!
Since we got the world in our bag why not get Trade Hegemon :p? Will get The Rising Sun when I have time as well, I have a lot of time left on the clock in game~
WCbadge.jpg

Last edited:
Horde-tastic

Beating up the Ottomans happens on its regular schedule. We take a province from Iraq such that it can be vassalized in the next war, too
TiMd9m7.png

IqGiV6H.png

Malwa owns half of India, so we attack to make them a protectorate. Chagatai comes along for the ride. After a little while, it's time to attack both Mali and Lithuania again.
SC1wUPX.png

m12qp9V.png

Thru separate peace deals, Imanage to get both Asian nations as protectorates. Lithuania gives up a number of provinces, and Ukraine is now completed. Polotsk loves us so much for freeing them that they immediately accept our terms of vassalization.
lRBMOBc.png

bvrpkuG.png

A brief, ally-less war with Iraw gains us another vassal, as planned. my Hordes seem to be taking advantage of the fact that their neighbors are either weakened or without allies.
Wj3Kk9I.png

MFgPGWX.png

Two more quick wars: The subjugation of Adal, and the vassalization of a much-weakened but core-rich Syria.

Oman comes to Adal's defense, but their technically superior navy and brilliant admiral is no match for my wave of moldy, rusty rafts.
y5TQ7wh.png

DE84Bek.png

Hungary is mostly cut off from alliances, and pretty small, so we attack. The ottomans own two provinces with QQ claims, and a bunch of syria cores, so it's their turn as well.
jqpv5J8.png

Hungary is cut down to vassalization size, and the Ottomans lose a lot of land. Thankfully, I won't ever need to core that land either.
U1nEvIY.png

vUIxQCJ.png

And now a political map view of the world, new and old. the colonial nations are filling up that dead space, and the Golden Horde is massively botching a war with Lithuania.
AerXPSu.png

8p20WqY.png

The pockets of resistance are surrounded and shrinking. I'm on the brink of a massive "everyone-who-can-be-protectorates-will-be" offensive, just to get that all tied up well ahead of time.
RtNjyzi.png

Well, looks like WC is assured...:p. At least the Americas are yours. :)

Would you say that WC is possible without lucky PUs (like your Castille PU in the beginning) or did you misplayed some things, that would have saved you some years ?

PU-ing Castille was somewhat helpful, but pulled a decent amount of troops out of Europe to deal with Strongbadia's inability to deal with Brazil on its own. I'm not 100% that the lucky PU helped more than it hurt, as I had castille on the ropes at time of PU-ing. That said, I'll be making a "things I messed up" section at the end of the AAR, for sure.

Don't forget Ryukyu.

Japan conquered them for me :)

I Found a Bug

The Golden Horde continued to lose to Lithuania, so I opted to led them a hand and sneak-attack a bunch of armies. Hungary decided to capitalize on this chaos and attack Poland. This is bad, because land gains for Hungary meant another war to vassalize them. Time to start truce-breaking.
vejHiWC.png

Vp0lDDO.png

At this point, there are three active war zones. Kachar got dragged into my conquest of India, so I'm re-conquering them too. It times like this, it's important to remember that most faithful of protectorates and their accomplishments: Sibur's conquest of a damn lot of stuff.
jtZQ7wo.png

B3wtXwZ.png

With the Lithuanian army crippled, Ipeaced out with another province and the ability to vassalize Pskov. This pushed me to slightly above 100% OE, but that's easy enough to deal with for a brief period of time, provided no horrific, game-crippling bugs happen.
JBJWvZr.png

TTmrFc4.png

I vassalized Hungary, and it turns out that since I they are still at war with Lithuania and Poland, I get dragged back into that war. A TON of revolts (one every few days or soon average) started happening, and I was confused. Turns out...
62tBshc.png

gaBT4bi.png

Coming to the defense of a vassal in such a way that breaks a truce, even if it's automatic, causes truce-breaking penalties with no indication of stability loss. Not anticipating that, I've only a meager amount of diplo and admin points stocked. Say hello to Rebels galore until I can get out of this war and sell off the province to Hungary that I was intending to.
mOdvRox.png

0kBRLBY.png

Making Vijayanagar into a protectorate drags me into a war with Nepal as well. Time for even more rebels, I guess.
eUEsha8.png

iPwEBoa.png

Peace finally comes (white peaces), and I sell Hungary's properties back to it to get to 100% OE. Then I press the most important button in the game: The "Accept Demands" button for rebels. In this instance, peasant rebels. This gets rid of ~300,000 rebels off the bat, and makes the whole situation manageable again. with the nation once again secure, Delhi and Jaunpur are made into protectorates.
IoaA9x8.png

OQV8E7b.png

The only two nations in the top 15 in termsof force limit that are NOT mine are the Ottomans and the Mughals. Time to attack them once more.
4PAI6ge.png

jZ94VFn.png

Sibur takes Nepal as a vassal. This would be concerning, but there's enough time that they should be able to diploannex them. It's on the "ways to screw up a WC" watchlist now though. Also, we get a new king (43 years old) and a new heir.
bZMKoJs.png

9wFaBLj.png

Sibur attacks the Ottoman protectorate of the Timurids while I'm still at war with Otto. I let a few big rebel stacks spawn and kill off their army before taking the provinces I need to feed to QQ.
1WP6hSn.png

And now, the world
hNmRQb1.png

There's only 70 years let, and still much to do. Very soon, truce-breaking and surfing along at -2 stability will start happening. But, such is a WC attempt.

That Nepali kings name dough. :p