• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fernando Torres said:
About requirements : well you are right. I suggest to finish at least the two military equipment, the land doctrines and economical trees and then add requirements if needed. Keep this idea in your mind ! :cool:
And for the components, of course i'll add some. I first took the vanilla's one to have a "structure" but i don't consider them as perfect.

Sure I will! And I like that you will add more components. With wider variety of components it becomes much more useful to use several different tech teams instead of just few like in vanilla.

I think, that Marines Training should also increase efficiency of the Amphibious Assault missions, Paratroopers - of Airborne Assault missions, and trainings of the Winter Troops and Mountain Troops - additional modifiers in the weather/terrain circumstances... or are these points already considered? :)

And, AFAIK, Germans never were capable of air-dropping medium tanks, only the light "Lilliputpanzers" in 1942; during operations on Crete an Malta. But their paratroopers for sure used lots of artillery, especially anti-tank guns.

Vladimir Pavlov said:
I think, that Marines Training should also increase efficiency of the Amphibious Assault missions, Paratroopers - of Airborne Assault missions, and trainings of the Winter Troops and Mountain Troops - additional modifiers in the weather/terrain circumstances... or are these points already considered? :)
This is already considered but as i said i wait for the patch before.

Vladimir Pavlov said:
And do you really have additional place in marines' division models? Maybe, you can use them for some amphibious APCs and other amphibious warfare? :)
When i developed the Marines units, i did not have any idea for specific units. I asked here and i received no answer, so i decided to make the same models for all countries which will be able to develop Marines brigades/regiments.
But tell me if you have any suggestion. I'm currently using those models :

# 7_0 Marine Engineers (1938)
# 7_1 Marines Engineers (1941)
# 7_2 Marines Engineers (1943)
# 7_3 Marines Engineers (1945)

So there is still 5-6 models available.

I'd offer two or three models of LVT - Landing Vehicle Tracked, like USA "Water Buffaloes". These are amphibious assault vehicles which usually were landed before marines; a more expensive, but also more efficient way of conducting the marine assault. 1941 model LVT-1 was not armoured, so it only had increased firepower thanks to the Browning .30 MG's, LVT-A-2 in 1942 received armour, and LVT-A-4 in 1944 was additionally armed with a howitzer or a flame-thrower.

Fernando Torres said:
Don't we have better to add such units as batallions instead of regiments ?

Well, in U. S. Marines they were commanded as a separate branch. You can apply them as a batallion, but I'm not sure, that you'll have free batallions, when you already have free regiments :)

I see it like a.. well.. difference between "Marines" and "Mechanized Marines", the latter available only to advanced Marine States - the UK, USA, Japan and, perhaps, Commonwealth.

Last edited:
Fernando Torres said:
Now i return to the doctrines. How should the organization grow for each country ? (starting orga is 30)

How will the combat model be modded? I think the basic vanilla idea (Germany=high org all the time, gets it early war, USSR low org, high morale) is crude but rather useful.

I definitely would like to see brigades having much larger impact in org and morale. So I'd suggest giving various bonuses to brigades quite often with the research.

The brigades are the basic units. To not be misunderstood, the "attachements" are called batallions.
And the combat system is inspired by WiF one. The GER org is supposed to grow faster etc. But for example, when (for you), is the SOV or US org supposed to be equal to the GER one ?

Fernando Torres said:
The brigades are the basic units. To not be misunderstood, the "attachements" are called batallions.
And the combat system is inspired by WiF one. The GER org is supposed to grow faster etc. But for example, when (for you), is the SOV or US org supposed to be equal to the GER one ?

Oh ok, I meant the attachments so I should have called them batallions. But yes, batallions should have lot more bonuses than in vanilla.

For organisation, I'd say USSR will never catch Germany. Germany was rather exceptional and should IMO be reflected in unit stats.

Soviets should have their own strengths but organisation should not be IMO that. USA would reach the German levels only sometimes in 1945 - and that should come with higher TC costs as US troops relied very much on material superiority. USSR should have bonuses that would make them have very much infantry (which would not be as good as various other nations) and later goodly amount of armoured units. So getting bonuses for those (org, morale, lower costs etc) should be in the doctrines. Cheaper artillery and so on for USSR - and high morale to allow constant attacking even if it wears down the unit. More morale than for example US.

Gen. Skobelev said:
Oh ok, I meant the attachments so I should have called them batallions. But yes, batallions should have lot more bonuses than in vanilla.

For organisation, I'd say USSR will never catch Germany. Germany was rather exceptional and should IMO be reflected in unit stats.

Soviets should have their own strengths but organisation should not be IMO that. USA would reach the German levels only sometimes in 1945 - and that should come with higher TC costs as US troops relied very much on material superiority. USSR should have bonuses that would make them have very much infantry (which would not be as good as various other nations) and later goodly amount of armoured units. So getting bonuses for those (org, morale, lower costs etc) should be in the doctrines. Cheaper artillery and so on for USSR - and high morale to allow constant attacking even if it wears down the unit. More morale than for example US.
We'll see for bat soon.
And OK for the doctrines. I think about it and post a proposition soon.

I'd say, that in the "Way of Tuhachevskiy" Soviet Org should be higher, than in usual one, and may event match German in 1942 or 1943. On a usual way, it must be lower (but with a significant increase after Talvisota; when military was strongly reorganized), than German one, but compensated by cheapness. Also, I'd suppose, that Sov should receive major Morale bonus in 1941 - "the Peoples' War, the Holy War".

Fernando Torres said:
If we give massive bonus via Tuhachevskiy's doctrine, all players will exploit this. I suggest to give more orga but less moral with that way and to add dissent too (something like +5 org -5 morale and +5 dissent for each Tuhachevskiy doctrine).

I agree. After all Tuhachevsky was not that superb genius as to change the entire military-educational structure to produce super units in couple of years. Definitely there has to be trade-off between "normal" and "Tuhachevsky" doctrines. Trading morale and perhaps some of the construction bonuses to org and dissent seems fair way to do it. Perhaps 5 dissent is too much but some sort of penalty would be good - after all, military leader should not go beyond what the Party leaders consider good!

Fernando Torres said:
Yes, the key is to trade orga for morale and dissent.

Well, it's good to keep in mind that org is much more valuable than morale. So I'm not sure if it should be simple 1:1 tradeoff, even with the dissent.

Vladimir Pavlov said:
And what's the maximum for org and morale? 100, or they can raise higher?

Sure they can be much higher than that.