• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JohnC14

Corporal
73 Badges
Jun 22, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
As it has been made clear that Victoria III will likely never be a thing, I could only say that the next best thing would be a Remastered Edition for the game.

Here is what I mean by this..
  • Reworked Multiplayer Networking (To reduce desyncs and FPS drops).
  • Additional content such as flavor and events. DLCs could be a possibility here.
  • Ironman Mode
  • Achievements
This would require much less work on the Development Team's part as they are simply improving the already finished game and giving it a 2019/2020 standing.

It is anything but clear that Victoria 3 will never become a "thing". It has been stated that it's not likely to happen soon, which does NOT mean "never".

Another expansion would be most welcome, but at this point I suspect that nobody really remembers anything about the internal workings of the game anymore, so it would be hard to go back and make changes after all this time.

Personally, I don't do multiplayer (not viable on a dial-up connection at home, and not possible at work), and have zero interest in achievements. I don't need to impress myself, and nobody else cares about some other player's "achievements". If you want Ironman mode, just don't reload; problem solved. As for DLC and additional content, I'd welcome it, but as said, the development team has probably forgotten 99% of everything they did, and would have to learn it again practically from scratch. A new game makes more sense.

If Victoria 3 was far out, yes, a Victoria 2 remaster would be good.

The list you proposed sounds great, not sure about making DLCs for it though, I think that might be going too far.

However, I would add that it would be nice to have the UI reworked, and bring Victoria 2 up to modern standards in every regard. Why not 64-bit too, but that might be wanting too much. :)

Last edited:
Probably better to remaster vic2. Vic3 probably gonna be dumbed down with more direct controls instead of vic2 indirect. aka wtf is a tariff or how da tf does capitalism work. Every nation played like a communist/fascist nation. Jingo lets play bingo. Political system gonna be manna click system. 100pp for 5% increase on jingoism. I hope I am wrong.

A playable and stable MP and smooth performance should be the top priority for a remaster (or just a patch).