• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Event code to form yugoslavia, thank you for the information!!
Why you want destroy the dreams of the people?!!

It's actually the event to form ANY cultural union, Scandinavia, Germany, Italy, Yugoslavia...

Braveheart is back :

v232.jpg

While managing my russian hellhole of an empire (its 1876 and I didn't enact even a single reform, robbed my rich population blind and have the reactionaries in power since the beginning, while absolutely nobody seems to mind), I discovered the doomstack next to my border. Krakow.
The bastards have converted nearly a quarter of their population into soldier pops to build 70.000 troops. And they're not the only ones, SGF and Belgium are filled to the brim with soldiers, but THIS is plainly ridiculous.
On a later date I discovered they managed to get about 80.000 troops in their city.
krokowgoeswild.jpg

While managing my russian hellhole of an empire (its 1876 and I didn't enact even a single reform, robbed my rich population blind and have the reactionaries in power since the beginning, while absolutely nobody seems to mind), I discovered the doomstack next to my border. Krakow.
The bastards have converted nearly a quarter of their population into soldier pops to build 70.000 troops. And they're not the only ones, SGF and Belgium are filled to the brim with soldiers, but THIS is plainly ridiculous.
On a later date I discovered they managed to get about 80.000 troops in their city.
krokowgoeswild.jpg

In your situation, I'd be tempted to tag-switch to them and try to form Poland. Austria looks like they'd be sitting ducks; also, they'd be protected by Russia (and since you used to play it, it ought to be strong).

unfortunately my last expansion into Prussia got roughly half their army killed and they switched sides to austria (which is also allied with me), so this is maybe an option in a few years (ingame), and as I said, the SGF is filled with roughly 300-350k soldiers and still a satellite to austria, so it would be an uphill struggle for Krakov and the backward russian army (I had losses of 2-2.5:1 against the prussians, and was only saved by pouring in enormous masses of my pesants). But PDM 2.0.something is good for some nice games.

From my Belgium game. Not too unique, I guess, but I found them funny.

v2game2010-12-0415-30-00-26.jpg

OK, so I know this isn't too special, but I was amazed at the casualty rate here.

v2game2010-12-0321-00-08-06.jpg

The one man in the Falklands can somehow support 74,000 troops. :p

I'm not sure if these count, cause they're from a mod...but anyway:

06luxembourgers.jpg

For some reason, Luxembourgers feel right at home in the jungles of the Yucatan.

07seaports.jpg

Maximum-level seaports in every coastal province, even in OPM Corsica.

No screencap, unfortunately, but in an earlier game as the US, Michigan (Detroit specifically) was absolutely spawning soldiers. I went to create new brigades and had about 14 ready to go, all from Detroit. I found that rather patriotic, so in the state's honor, I named that army the Michigan Militia. This trend continued however to the point that I finally had to break up all the Michiganers and send them all over the place. In total, I think they accounted for almost 80,000 troops out of a maybe 170,000 strong military. I checked Detroit's pop stats and 38% of the population was soldiers. Woah.

I decided it must be some glitch and set a national focus for clergymen in Michigan long enough to see if it had any effect. It did seem to solve the problem, as now I get troops popping up all over the place. But Detroit is still basically a huge barracks. I found the whole situation very odd.

Lyly, I've had the same thing happen before at least twice that I know of, only it was both Detroit and Saginaw, Michigan. Up until about the mid 1870's, Michigan accounted for roughly 70% of the U.S. Army

I know it's a bit hard to see the strange thing in this screenie, but that Dutch army is moving around in my territory (which is fine, they've got military access) without walking. My army and the Austrian one are both marching around with the regular animation, while the Dutch one is just standing still for a couple of days, then teleporting to the next province. Sure looked weird! :)

teleportd.jpg

From a mod, still, but I swear I didn't touch the party names localisation file.
avulc.jpg

Is this an easter egg or something?

That's totally awesome. A reference to the book/movie(s) the Manchurian Candidate, for those who don't get it :) I loaded up as China, and I don't seem to be able to release Manchuria in vanilla, so that might be from your mod? Awesome nonetheless.

cosmeIII said:
Wait a second, how did you manage to do that with Krakow?

I keep thinking I should start making AAR's for my games since people always ask me this. Well, I started in the Austrian sphere, so I got military access from them. Set NF for soldiers and taxes and spending to encourage soldier growth; research FoT and then saved RP for Idealism. When I could get two soldiers, I built one infantry and one artillery. Moved them to the border of Modena and then declared war. I chose Modena because they only had two soldiers, a decent population, was in no shpere and had access to the ocean. In my first attempt with Krakow, I went for Montenegro but got quickly isolated after that, with pretty much nowhere to expand when the Italian minors all got sphered.

Built a couple of transports and raised some brigades in Modena and then grabbed a Moroccan state, then Dumyat from Egypt. This was pretty much the build-up; I needed to get enough soldiers to face the weakest of the GP's with my cores, in this case Austria. I got Idealism as #1 and got two 20 prestige inventions and 10 for one, which got me to GP status together with some 20 prestige from romanticism events (and thanks to having more than one state) so I was free to declare war on them. When they were at war with Prussia, I went for it, together with some Italian minors I had sphere'd (also had grabbed Sicily by now, beat them by destroying armies piecemeal in Sicily and blockading the straits of Messina to make sure not all of them came at me at once). To my dismay, Austria peaced out with Prussia and went straight for me. Got into a very tough fight in Italy but finally encircled and destroyed their doomstack, thanks to a combination of a +4 defensive leader, good terrain and geography (i.e. not so many states to put brigades in for the encirclement), and some lucky dice rolls early on. After this, I destroyed their remaining armies in encirclings and then proceeded to occupy all of Austria, peacing out for Moravia, West Galicia and East Galicia. From there, I was pretty much strong enough to take Prussia after some years of recuperating and building up my forces as well as researching army techs.

I'm still at it, but at this point in the game I'm pretty much sure to form Poland. I still need to get four states from Russia, but it's 1883 and I have as many brigades as them; Prussia is a secondary power in the sphere of the Netherlands (!) and Austria is still weakened by my beating decades earlier, even though their industry dwarfs mine. The big obstacle is getting a big enough population base early on, and staying out of conflicts. When I declared war on Austria, Spain attacked my for my Moroccan holdings and the UK jumped in since they were allied to Spain, so I immediately had to peace out and give them my Moroccan holdings; it was worth it since by now I could beat Austria and didn't really need Morocco anymore. After getting your states from one of the GP's, you're pretty much on the way towards getting the rest.