• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh the irony. In the War of the Pacific, Chile wants Atacama from Bolivia.

v2_152-1.jpg

The Bolivians at this point had no access to the sea so Chile took the entire Atacama Province AKA eating into Bolivia. So the War of the Pacific was misplaced as there was utterly no fighting on the high seas.

nono, It's the war of the Pacific, with all the fighting /not in the pacific/. I like the flavor name, and maybe, bolivia was hoping to regain access later.... but i see why it would be ironic.

It's not called War of the Pacific because the fighting took place in the Pacific ocean. It's called that way because all the nations involved were in the Pacific coast. Trust me, I'm from Chile.

And if Bolivia has the Atacama region, then it does have access to the sea. In the game, the Atacama Region includes Antofagasta, a port.

It's not necessarily a war in the Pacific, but certainly a war for the Pacific coast. I don't see how it gets confusing unless you think the only kind of war of the Pacific would be the US-Japanese Pacific War.

It certainly made sense to the Bolivians, Peruvians, and Chileans who called it that. Bolivia still resents the loss of the coast.

And I might add that, historically, naval power was pretty important in resolving the conflict, it seems.

Ah my bad, though it seems like in PDM Antofagasta is its own region and as such is not part of Atacama which is why I found it ironic that a war that is supposedly about/for the Pacific Ocean is fought entirely in the desert.

How do I attach an image to a post, again?

In my Anglo-French war Beligum suddenly decided that they wanted Champagne.
So behold monster Belgium.

you know, I've had some ugly borders before, like dividing russia in half as Austria, or Scandanavia streching to the balkans via Thrace. But... something about that Belgium /is just wrong/. SO WRONG. I just want to take an eraser and draw away their ownership in champagne from fear of nightmares about the wrongnicity of that belgium as if it were from some Lovecraftian horror that the human mind cannot comprehend, like things getting stuck inside an obtuse angle.

you know, I've had some ugly borders before, like dividing russia in half as Austria, or Scandanavia streching to the balkans via Thrace. But... something about that Belgium /is just wrong/. SO WRONG. I just want to take an eraser and draw away their ownership in champagne from fear of nightmares about the wrongnicity of that belgium as if it were from some Lovecraftian horror that the human mind cannot comprehend, like things getting stuck inside an obtuse angle.

You're a dramatic person, aren't you?

Haha, I've taken Holstein from Germany and Zeeland from Netherlands as Belgium and I thought my Belgium was funny and strong. But now this. If I ever wanted to post my belgium in Show your empire thread, I'll have to first invade France for Champagne or I'll get nightmares that AI can do better than me.

Haha, I've taken Holstein from Germany and Zeeland from Netherlands as Belgium and I thought my Belgium was funny and strong. But now this. If I ever wanted to post my belgium in Show your empire thread, I'll have to first invade France for Champagne or I'll get nightmares that AI can do better than me.
Champagne was only the begining. In my effort to reduce the power of France I have possibily created the strangest Europe in any of my games. I think the French AI regrets attacking Belgium to take back Champagne now.
Im looking forward to see what that monster of a Beligium can do to the balance of power in Europe, just think of all the Accepted POPs, Belgium has French as Accepted POPs after all.
24mwehz.jpg

I don't know... Scandinavian Balkans sounds way worse then monster Belgium.