• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aha, the Vichy flag, of course. What a silly flag those collaborators had!

800px-VichyFlag.svg.png

Also interesting that a flag like this is allowed but not a swastika flag. Certainly the Vichy regime are a very shameful part of French history...

It's mostly because of German law. I'm not going to talk anymore about it though because, if I recall correctly, it's against the rules to discuss it extensively.

Ah, yes, German law, that makes sense. Excuse my curiousity, delete what's necessary moderators, didn't mean to break any rules.

v2171.jpg

This is the dumbest American Civil War I've ever seen. And it's already 1875!

(Excuse the French; I'm playing a game as France and thought it'd be fitting. If you can't understand it, the USA acquired Kentucky and Nebraska from the CSA, but didn't demand more. As a bonus, note how Vicky II's map font doesn't like é or q.)

800px-VichyFlag.svg.png

Also interesting that a flag like this is allowed but not a swastika flag. Certainly the Vichy regime are a very shameful part of French history...

Shameful? Speak for yourself; German and proud over here, and highly pissed that I'm not allowed to fully support my country. :l

Through full support you mean what?

To show a strong sense of national pride and wave the flag freely without anyone drawing up. In the past, anytime Germans showed national pride, it ended up somehow leading to one war or another. As a result, today Germans do not and aren't even really allowed to show any sort of pride or display a strong support of their country.

At least that's what I assume he means.

To show a strong sense of national pride and wave the flag freely without anyone drawing up. In the past, anytime Germans showed national pride, it ended up somehow leading to one war or another. As a result, today Germans do not and aren't even really allowed to show any sort of pride or display a strong support of their country.

At least that's what I assume he means.

Except at football matches, they're exempt.

I do know that Germany today is very careful with national pride and all that. A little overly careful one might say.

But his sentence had an 'evil' colour to it seeing as he basically said that the German equivalent of Vichy wasn't shameful and he's angry that it's considered so. At least that's the meaning I got.

In the past, anytime Germans showed national pride, it ended up somehow leading to one war or another.

I'd love to read the source that claims that any of the big German wars were caused by Germans showing national pride (Franco-Prussian, WW1, or WW2).

But pm that to me, because this thread is for screenshots ;)

v2171.jpg

This is the dumbest American Civil War I've ever seen. And it's already 1875!

(Excuse the French; I'm playing a game as France and thought it'd be fitting. If you can't understand it, the USA acquired Kentucky and Nebraska from the CSA, but didn't demand more. As a bonus, note how Vicky II's map font doesn't like é or q.)

I've actually seen worse in my last game. CSA had the pacific northwest, michigan, wisconsin, minnesota, north dakota and nebraska. the map was just a huge mess. hopefully the civil war ai will be better in the expansion pack.

Disclaimer: The following screenshots were obtained through a HEAVILY MODDED game, in which I decided to test the limits of immigration by directing all immigrants in the world to Haiti. The results is as you see below. The purpose of the experiment was solely to determine the volume of immigration in an entire game and not to become a tremendous world power. Nevertheless, Haiti at the end of the game was an impressive beast.

V2_32.jpg

V2_33.jpg

Secondary Power? Secondary to one country, I guess. Of course, since I only had one province I couldn't become a Great Power, but that wasn't the point.

Immigrants were attracted to Haiti by a +10,000% modifier to both provincial and global immigration in Haiti's jurisdiction. I also increased RGO size tremendously (each of Haiti's four provinces could accommodate 12,000,000 in its RGO), and the liferating of the provinces were given a modifier boost. Oddly, this did not translate into extra population growth.

Craftsmen will only immigrate if there's work, so I had to build factories. To accommodate my population of 160 million, I had to modify the saved game several times. I gave Haiti a level 99 cement factory to begin with. I soon had to edit it to become eight Level 99 factories. Then level 199. Then 299. By the end of the game, I was dangerously close to filling eight level 400 factories, with almost half my population as craftsmen and almost half as artisans.

There are a few very odd things here I haven't shown. For example, Mahayana and Shinto were pretty big minority religions.

The conclusion of the experiment? The massive diversion of immigrants significantly weakened the Americas, but the usual suspects ended up in the sweet sixteen. The net volume of immigrants translates to roughly 160 million people (given compounded growth of those immigrant communities). It can make you incredibly powerful, but on its own it can't make you number one. Britain and China were the only two countries more populous than Haiti. Great Britain had industrialized India and edged me out, and all the world of immigration couldn't change that.

And that's the strangest screenshot I've ever made, cheat or no.

Ah, yes, German law, that makes sense. Excuse my curiousity, delete what's necessary moderators, didn't mean to break any rules.

The relevant law is StGb 86 and StGb 86a

Original Text:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stgb/__86.html
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stgb/__86a.html
(Site maintained by the German Federal Ministry of Justice)

Translation:
http://www.iuscomp.org/gla/statutes/StGB.htm#86
(found via google)

Google / Wikipedia it up if you are interested in the details, but beware that there seem to be a lot of half-truths floating around the internet.

On topic:

I guess some soldiers weren't happy after they found out that "vacations" were just a codeword for "lets invade north german colonies in afrika"
(played with AoC 3.2)

Last edited:
On topic:

I guess some soldiers weren't happy after they found out that "vacations" were just a codeword for "lets invade north german colonies in afrika"
(played with AoC 3.2)
"join the army, they said. Nice long holidays, they said." :p

Perhaps this is fairly common to veterans in this game, but after trying very hard in one of my first games to keep my great power status as Belgium, and failing, I was irritated to no end by the following, a few in-game years later:

attachment.php

Ecuador? Really? Ecuador suddenly has more industrial power than Sweden? The Netherlands? Belgium? What?

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    173,7 KB · Views: 4.719
Perhaps this is fairly common to veterans in this game, but after trying very hard in one of my first games to keep my great power status as Belgium, and failing, I was irritated to no end by the following, a few in-game years later:
Ecuador? Really? Ecuador suddenly has more industrial power than Sweden? The Netherlands? Belgium? What?
I oftern see Ecuador become a GP in my games, mainly because droves of my German people emmigrate there (Ecuador is a democracy). It's either Ecuador or Chile that become GP's and hardly any other South American countries (at least for me).