• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Featauril said:
Ethiopia.jpg

I wonder how often the king of england visits his african domains.

:p

And what has happened to Poland in that game?

Henry VI lived a lot longer than is typically realized...
LonglivedHenryVI.jpg

He actually lasted for over another decade after I took this screenie.

I think the Habsburgs have their loyalties confused...
CrazyHabsburgs.jpg

And they're not the only ones...
ConfusedPope.jpg

Which mod is that with crusader?

Kazmir said:
:p

And what has happened to Poland in that game?

Poland had a love affair with lithuania that ended badly when poland got in a gang bang with the rest of europe. Lithuania broke up wih poland and left her to deal with the consequences of her actions.

As a result, Poland was left as a one-province minor, vassal to castille, later diplo-annexed.

wilcoxchar said:
Which mod is that with crusader?
No mod, really. Just a few minor changes I made myself. I merely changed the name of "Protestant" to "Lutheran", "Reformed" to "Calvinist", and I also added "Hussite" to the list of religions.

MagisterMundi said:

That's just plain depressing.
I honestly don't even know how the Pope converted. I thought it wasn't supposed to happen. He had the Church Attendance Duty, which should have prevented Lutheranism or Calvinism from spreading into his domain, but sure enough, I got the message that Papal State had the event "Spread of Protestantism", and within a month, the Pope became a Lutheran! :eek:

Pretty sure just Divine Supremacy (+ missionaries) and Deus Vult are the ideas that stop spread, and Church Attendance does not.

Kanil said:
Pretty sure just Divine Supremacy (+ missionaries) and Deus Vult are the ideas that stop spread, and Church Attendance does not.
:eek:o Oh, well that would explain it, I guess. :eek:o

Lazy said:
Spread or not, I thought that theocracies could not even change state religion (except possibly by force conversion?).
They can. I've seen Liege do it many times. But Papal State isn't a theocracy. Its government type is "Papacy" and that should definitely not be able to change state religion. But then again, that's what adds such humour to the game! :cool:

crusaderknight said:
And they're not the only ones...
ConfusedPope.jpg

Some one did't like his job :D

crusaderknight said:
They can. I've seen Liege do it many times. But Papal State isn't a theocracy. Its government type is "Papacy" and that should definitely not be able to change state religion. But then again, that's what adds such humour to the game! :cool:

Well, unless it is hardcoded, the papacy is effectively the same as a theocracy:

Code:
theocracy = {
	adm_efficiency = 15

allowed_conversion = {
		absolute_monarchy = 5.0
	}

missionary_placement_chance = 0.20
	royal_marriage = no
	religion = yes
	minimum_policy = {
		innovative_narrowminded  = 0
	}

}

papacy = {
	adm_efficiency = 10

allowed_conversion = {
	}

missionary_placement_chance = 0.25
	royal_marriage = no
	religion = yes
	minimum_policy = {
		innovative_narrowminded  = 0
	}

}

But it is strange regardless.

I cannot see why it is so strange. Just because it didn't happen in reality it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Imadgen the scenario where the reaction upon Luthers works from the curchs side is delayed and weak for some reason. It'd be easy to imadgen a debate open up in the catholic curch. No clear split up is made, and eventually a Pope who supports luther is choosen. The entire event is not viewed as a split, it was all a catholic curch all the time with modified values, but a great reform. What makes that scenario so unplausible.