• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Situation:
I am playing as Japan and I am in a personal union with Ming, therefore the Ming leader and my leader are the same person.
And he constantly sends insults to himself. "You're a dork" - "Who sent that?! Oh...that was me!"

This is actually WAD for any time the lesser member of a PU has a larger military (I think it was the military...)

Anyway, I think it's supposed to represent your loyal subjects insulting you, rather than you insulting yourself. "We know you're our glorious, all wise and undying Emperor...but you also eat angler fish. What's up with that? I mean, we eat everything here in China, and even we wouldn't touch that with a stick."

I've honestly never seen this before!

EU3_14.jpg

EU3_13.jpg

To be clear here, Mainz - a OPM, has refused my demand for annexation - twice!

WTF?

That's a really cool Prussia game. I feel inspired. :)

That's a really cool Prussia game. I feel inspired. :)

The trick is using Austria and Russia against the others around you to grab enough land to challenge the emperor. That and allying with Poland and getting them to do the heavy lifting against the Teutonic Order. (I was playing Magna Mundi).

I just dismantled the HRE and formed Germany.

That's bizarre, are you not the war leader? I know that they sometimes refuse to be vassalised by a "minor" combatant but I didn't know they could turn down annexation

Perhaps they occupied a province between July 1 and July 3?

Yeah, but it would be grayed out the second time he tried to demand annexation. That's really absurd!

Two great strange ones in a row, Prussia & Mainz and a vote for Benin. I'd be tempted to load the game as Benin and try to win HRE.

Benin converted to Catholic and thus gained plenty of good relations with everybody else Catholic, electors included?

Benin is Catholic tribal country allied with Aragon, not vassal thou.
Didn't noticed how that happened, go figure

The alliance plus their being Catholic suggest that Benin was released by some nation (Sokoto?) after a war with Aragon. They would start off allied with Aragon in such a situation.

Another neat addition in 3.2b (11/27) - if the overall outcome of the war is not very clearly in your favor, OPM's get to reject their annexation.

I found it a welcome addition, making this much less exploitable.

So then if they still have a strong ally that has the potential to rescue them, they can refuse...wow haven't had that happen yet.

So then if they still have a strong ally that has the potential to rescue them, they can refuse...wow haven't had that happen yet.

Actually, looking at the first screenshot, it looks like Mainz might still have one of their own armies out and about. I think in general they don't rely on allies (much as I'd like them to so that my allies would quit needlessly giving up vast swathes of land when I'm clearly winning)