• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
vijaynagar.jpg
After reading a bit of this thread, and seeing some fairly implausible things in my other games, I thought: "What if I just sit there and don't take part in the running of the world, and just watch?". I downloaded a cheat which allowed me to see the entire world, selected the most out-of-the-way nation I could find (Maldives), and set about building a massive navy that would deter any invasions. That's the strangest thing that's happened yet so far though. :(

Did this "cheat" that allowed you to see the entire world also allow the AI to see the entire world? The AI doesn't have naval attrition so if the AI can "see" someone, it can reach them regardless of distance.

EU3_64.jpg
]

also this is from my current D&T game. these are the largest armies I've seen in one battle and its only about 20 or so years into the game.... and if you are wondering how I'm at war with them while not having a border, the newest version of D&T has changed the hordes so that they are simply a horrible government type now. and not automatically at war with neighbors...

Did this "cheat" that allowed you to see the entire world also allow the AI to see the entire world? The AI doesn't have naval attrition so if the AI can "see" someone, it can reach them regardless of distance.
No, it took the form of an event, with the AI having 0% chance to choose the "discover the world" option, and 100% chance to choose the "stop event" option.

EDIT: Just realised how I did it. Seeing as I was a peaceful observer, I decided I needed a ridiculous navy to defend my pathetic island nation from attack. Therefore, I was using cash cheats to spam naval tech upgrades. Unfortunately, I forgot about the neighbour bonus to tech, which, my naval tech being 50 years ahead of time, must have given Vijaynagar an enourmour boost.

Last edited:
Here is one from my D&T Bulgarian campaign

I just think it is strange that Sweden and Russia are on same side, because historically they couldn't stand each other at least not until 1820.

No, it took the form of an event, with the AI having 0% chance to choose the "discover the world" option, and 100% chance to choose the "stop event" option.

EDIT: Just realised how I did it. Seeing as I was a peaceful observer, I decided I needed a ridiculous navy to defend my pathetic island nation from attack. Therefore, I was using cash cheats to spam naval tech upgrades. Unfortunately, I forgot about the neighbour bonus to tech, which, my naval tech being 50 years ahead of time, must have given Vijaynagar an enourmour boost.

Also, because you would have been in the same tech group as Vijayanagar, your discoveries would have spread to them at whatever rate you had set up for your game.

fixed.
France acting normal, austria flipping out, and one of the varieties of the dead golden horde. Don't recall seeing lithuania take them down though.

aaaaahhhhh, my eyes are hurting!!!!!!!

EU3_MAP_FRA_157411_3.jpg
Handsoff game as Ceylon/Kongo. Brabant and York (never seen York before) conquered Brittain. Trier took land in Italy. Iraq and Oman are dominating the middle east. Mega Transylvania, and Hungary is Bulgaria.
Castille inherited (?) Norway and Finland is about perfect (seems very rare). Lan Xang (sp?) dominates South East Asia and Korea is colonizing Indonesia. Massive Fez. Great Brittain only exists in North Africa.

*stops to catch breath*

Large Pomerania AND Prussia. Sardinia Piedmont formed. Massive Georgia. Aydin and Galatia got released. Catcher in the rye, hoolahoops, Castro, what else do I have to say?