• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is this "variable claims system" you speak of?

It's a new system in Death and Taxes for forming Nations. Instead of having to own specific provinces, you have to control a certain number of correct culture provinces. Once you pass the threshold you can form the nation! It's nice for trying to form Italy as a OPM, because Lombardia is usually reeeeally hard to get -.-

What is this "variable claims system" you speak of?
Basically via an event a variable for each claim (one claim per formable nation or region usually) is set depending on a number of factors, in MEIOU for example it can also increase if your vassals own territory in the right area or with the correct culture. This variable is then used mostly as a replacement for the long lists of provinces you must control and core in order to form a nation like say Germany or the Kalmar Union.

D&T Spain in 1436! Thank you mod for the mission for castille to PU Aragon!
EDIT: They just formed Iberia in 1450!
In my game also (D&T Mod), 1408

Attachments

• spain formed.jpg
    spain formed.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 169

Hungary at war with Bohemia and Castille plus friends, and in another war against Byzantium (me). Nothing weird there.

Byzantium at war with with Castille, Bohemia and Hungary, which are allied in war. But isn't Hungary at war with Castille and Bohemia, too? I bet the planning sessions against Byzantium would be interesting sight to see! "No, we can't tell where our forces are because we are at war with you, too."

edit: Miscmods

The house of chambronne is indeed strong!

OVhmG.jpg

Every so often, they think about attacking their neighbours, and then give up without bothering.

I don't know if this counts as strange, but I've never seen Denmark inherit either of its PU's, it usually dies or they break the union. Hopefully Sweden is next!

Also, Burgundy kicked the crap out of France... and formed Lotharingia! =O I love Death and Taxes formable nations heheh. Variable claims system is great!

313hs9e.png

AI-formed Lotharingia? I usually see ultra-Burgundy, but this is... :eek:

(lol to Flanders being allied with Lotharingia)

eu31xv.png

Say what, you want to screw me over 2 times now? Actually i wanted to join in anyway, but no way i was going to get that stab hit. Then a second later i get a second invite before i cancel access.
I have been ruined enough at that point by now, but things are going up, because Castile in its infinite visdom got itself into a crusade against Algiers and pulled ottos too in. I let them soften him up a win and take some stuff. Did me a favor already when they wiped out its fleet.

Call to Arms popups are kind of bugged; you would not have taken the stab hit even if you accepted the first call. Stab hits only apply if the person calling you into the war is the aggressor.

You can also cancel military access or slip in a quick insult before accepting if you're lucky.

What I though was even stranger was seeing Scandinavia as a possible heir. GB had three electors, Scandinavia had two, Austria was left with one. (I forgot to take a screeshot of it though.)

Last edited: