• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I raised a ticket to Steam as well, informing them about the issue with the keys they provide, to put some pressure :p... Let's hope that with the persistance of the people, they fix those issues they have with the keys in some PI games, because that shouldn't be acceptable (I also had problems with EU3 Chronicles, but PI helped me out and I thank them a lot for that).

I've contacted Steam several times for different issues and I've never been happy with their feedback, if any. If it wasn't because of the bargands that they offer sometimes, I would avoid that platform by all means.

Yeah, and here is the reply that they gave me:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that your Mount & Blade: Warband CD Key is valid.

Technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue:

Title: Mount and Blade series
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3974-OPAV-1749

So, in summary, they refuse any responsibility for the wrong keys :mad:

So, in summary, they refuse any responsibility for the wrong keys :mad:

Paradox is the publisher of Mount & Blade, which, I would think, would make them responsible for delivering the keys to Steam - Steam doesn't simply pull keys out of their rear end for third party titles. They rely on the game publisher or developer to send them valid keys. If the game developer sent the keys directly to Steam, then you would think that they would be competent enough to send a copy to Paradox so that the keys would be valid with the Paradox forum. Why would the game developer send the keys to Steam and withhold them from Paradox when Paradox is publishing their game? Somebody sent the keys to Steam because I have a key for the base game and the two expansions, so why can't these keys be registered with the Paradox forums? Who has ultimate control of the keys? It's certainly not Steam. The game code and registration keys belong to the publisher and/or the game developer.

Edit: After re-reading the first page of this thread, it seems that neither Paradox or Steam is at fault, but rather the game developer. I'm quite interested to know why the game developer would be withholding the latest batch of keys from Paradox. It makes absolutely no sense. And the plot thickens...

Last edited: