• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice AAR. You are really aggressive but beware of the German beast with those modifiers ;). I like the new screenshots better, I do not bother to look at all those numbers all the time. But from time to time to update on IC figures etc. or notable things (high dissent, low oil piles etc.) then you could show it of course (maybe seperate image ;) )

Good luck with conquering the world :)

Tim

@Timmie0307: Welcome to my AAR! I know, but this is the reason I want to expand as far as possible (without harming any game mechanics).

@sprites: Well, I theoretically could help the Chinese, but only by declaring war on Japan, which, unfortunately, is already in the Axis! And I can hardly afford a war with Germany since I did not build a lot of troops yet.

Update coming!

Going for the Rest

In the last chapter I annexed Lithuania and Persia. It's now easy to guess what I am going to do now, especially since I stated that I now want to stay at war as long as possible to keep my heavy industrial emphasis which costs a lot in CG in peacetimes but almost nothing when at war.

On the day of the Persian annexation I declared war on Afghanistan. Another state in central asia is about to fall, one it doesn't seem as if anyone would care about them anyway.

My army then began its advance into Afghan territory, whose border provinces were left almost completely undefended, apart from a single division in the west. As I had did not want to have another embarrassing show as I had when fighting Latvia, I assembled quite a few divisions to attack this weak state.

Well, at least their capital was "well"-protected, which doesn't mean that I encountered fierce resistance. It was more like a cakewalk. And so a soon-to-come event did not really surprise me.

Afghanistan surrender after having lost Kabul. I swiftly annexed them, my eyes looking already at another victim of the hungry bear.

Sinkiang, supposedly Chinese territory, although there is no Nat. China or Com. China core on them. However, I attacked anyway. Their capital and only VP was only guarded by one garrison, whilst I was attacking them with 5 divisions. Only a few days and the eventual thing would happen.

(I forgot to take a screenshot when I declared war on them, sorry for that)

Not exactly a few days. Not near anything like a few days. A full month has passed since I started my attack. Their capital has called for reinforcement and they indeed did. And not only did they receive reinforcements, they were also winning!

They were slaughtering my men, considering the strength of my divisions, which was down to 80%.

There was need for a bit more clever attack!

I started an attack with the aim to partially surround their capital. I also forced my already exhausted troops to attack again after a swift break for reorganisation. This showed had its effect and the battle score rose from 24% to 35%, which would soon increase when the division that would flank the Sinkiangese (or however you say them) and attack them from the side.

Meanwhile their troops on the western border of Sinkiang even started attacking MY troops and were winning. I had enough troops there to man the border, but as they were simple 2xINF divisions, who had not received any artillery yet, they were rather weak.

My flanking attack did not work out as I hoped for. As soon as they reached the province they were destined for, they were attack from multiple directions, soon forcing them to take heavy loses and consider retreat.

This was not the only bad news. I really started losing the battle in the west (the box on the bottom left is showing the fight in the west). It didn't really harm me, but it hurt my pride to see that they would soon enter my territory.

In China there was still the war raging, but the end of China was only a matter of time. They had only one province left (which troops could be moved on), but they were still fighting and were still hurting the Japanese war efforts, even it was only by inflicting them attrition!

And then, finally, on the 2nd of June they surrendered. One-and-a-half year later, Japan could end the war. I was really amazed at the fact that it took them so long. Japan even needed half a month to conquer the last remaining VP of Nat. China! They then puppeted the Chinese, allowing them to "survive", although they now had to serve their master. Kinda stupid idea as China had most surely no troops left at all!

By the way, look at their capital. Not really the place you would chose as your capital, considering it once was the capital of your greates enemy.

So, one-and-a-half month after my declaration of war on Sinkiang I was still fighting their armies and I was not even close to winning. Meanwhile I was starting to mass troops on the border to Poland. Rumour has it that Germany will soon attack Poland, and we don't want them to surpass the Polish border, don't we?

Very Interesting but One Thing Can you Change STAVKA to Stavka. It shouldn't be capitalised it's a common western mistake Stavka stands for nothing so shouldn't be capitalised.

@mnplastic: Yeah, they fought like Lions! You understood correctly, in diday's mod Japan has a decision to puppet China whilst annexing its eastern territories

@Thandros: I will try to take care to write it correctly in the future. Thanks for correcting me :)

It really doesn't stand for anything?

Their capital? I thing this is Mengukuo's capital , another puppet of Japan ...
With that Sinkiang thing you'll be able to keep at war for a while , too.

@sprites: Maybe the quality of the picture is not good enough, but I meant the capital of Nat. China which is located in Yan'an, the former capital of Com. China

As I had plenty of time this saturday, here comes another post

Annoying little Neighbour!

In the last chapter you saw my embarassing fight against Sinkiang and the end of an independent China. My first big attack on their capital Di Hua failed to achieve its goal and I had to wage this war a bit more clever.

However clever I wanted to be, I failed by doing so and just attacked their capital again with my troops. Warscore lay at 71%, but somehow I knew this would not succeed. You can see that were already rushing in troops from the south-east and from the west. In the north my troops were close to abandon their lines and retreat.

On 13th of August Germany proposed in a secret meeting a plan. They claimed that they would soon attack Poland. They asked for a NAP and offered that the USSR could annex the baltic states and the western part of Poland (+gain cores on all of them). This sounded lovely and I gladly accepted their proposal.

Meanwhile in Sinkiang Di Hua received reinforcements and my attack was halted again. You can see from the north that I got pushed back , and I would have to withdraw ever further if they did not cancel their attack.

I now decided to invest a bit more in this war, as I did not want to stay with them at war forever (I want to join the war against Poland as soon as the decision pops up, but for this I need to be at peace).

My troops, guarding the Sinkiang border were originally only supposed to distract Sinkiangese divisions, so I would have an easier time to take their capital. This obviously failed and I now used them to advance into enemy territory and to march to Di Hua from the west.

In the north, in Mönh Havrhan Uul (funny name) I was now pushed back to where I started my attack. I had 3 divisions standing there, and lost more troops against a single cavalry division than I inflicted on them. I was ashamed.

The attack in the west proceeded as planned, and I finally got to take some land again, and to win a few battles. This greatly raised the moral of my troops (and mine too!). Although by now I started to encounter fierce resistance again, where my advance was stop by a stack of 4 divisions (cannot say how many HQ's where in this stack, forgot to take a screen). In the top right hand side you can see that I am close to surround a Sinkiangese garrison. Let's just hope I don't get stopped again ...

During that time I received again word from my ambassador that the Germans wanted to strengthen our political and economical ties by signing a trade agreement. I accepted it as I only benefitted from that, since I had high stockpiles on every resource and I do not believe that you can starve the AI by not giving them any resources.

Well, I didn't. I now surround my first Sinkiangese division, although the encirclement was not yet perfect, since the 3 division that were forced to retreat first had to go back to where they fled from. Overall I am finally gaining the upper-hand, so I was satisfied even though I was still losing around Di Hua..

I had to finally abandon my efforts to take Di Hua in a frontal attack completely. In that battle I lost the highest number of troops that were ever inflicted on me.

I did not only fail to take their capital, I failed on every front, losing many brave men. What annoyed me the most that I could not finish off the encircled garrison division, and now, after having abandoned the attack on Di Hua, the Sinkiangese army attack my troops on the southern side of the pocket.

And then, on the 18th of September 1939, Germany declared war on Poland, which by doing so dragged them into war with the UK and France too.

The Polish, having always feared getting attacked be me (the USSR), they then had to redirect all the troops they had on my border to stop the German advance

I was getting annoyed by the problems I faced in Sinkiang. I has taken me too long to beat them and I wanted to finally speed up the game again. So I sent 6 motorised divisions (2xmot 2x sp art) into the east to support my war efforts over there.

In Sinkiang my troops that were attacking from the west (or more the one division strong enough, this cavalry division is the only one equipped with artillery) reached the outskirts of Di Hua and started attacking them. Although it was only a single division attack, my battlescore lay at 38%, which was, when considering the fact that there were 6 divisions and 2.2 HQ's (the 2 HQ's with about 2% strength don't count), kinda amazing.

In Europe Germany reached the border of Warsaw within half a month. They already took Danzig, but as I was still at war with Sinkiang, I could not join the war against Poland. I would get the territory anyway, but I still wanted to fight to allow my troops to gain some experience.