• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox/devs, do a KICKSTARTER.

You lose nothing by trying, and I for one would pay in.

+1 let us pledge any DLC, patch, whatever for MoTe

The chance they would choose this option is very small. As the full fledged company that PI is, it doesn't use these tools. I just ask a final patch which gives more tools to modders to work with.

Seems like a fun game, it's on sale now so I might pick it up.

But honestly, I don't know if it was just me or the marketing, but I didn't know about this game untill about a month ago.
Put this game in the spotlight! :3

@Johann or Balor (same same I know) :

If no expansion is planned, would it be possible you release the source as it was done for HOI2 (with NDA, contract und so weiter...)?

I believe some people might be willing to put time and energy into it (let say I would imagine something similar to 1813 from Greenius). the game have lot of potentials, sad to let it fall while there is nothing great since years for the corresponding period.

Anyway, I would even pay for a legal access to the source (at least to make it what I want it to be, not for commercialization), so willing to negotiate if P'Dox is willing

I support what you said, ericB.
Hoping Paradox will take this option into consideration, one day.
Personally I'd be glad to make some contributions as well.
Just for sake of honesty, last year I couldn't even resist to code a few changes to the game for my own interest.
Like a combats exporter / pauser (to save) / importer to resolve land battles externally.
WG1813 would obviously be a great source of inspiration.
Studied it deeply in the past and most of the gameplay concepts were absolutely brillant.

They will only release the source when they are done with the clauswitz engine. (They don't even release the source of East vs West).
As far as I know, even the upcoming games (Runemaster, HoI4) are still being coded using this engine. Probably, if the source would be released (an individual deal for access is quite limited?), it won't be in the near future.

Shame to hear there will be no follow up to this game.
I brought the game early on because I have a big interest in the period and could see the potential of it.
But after playing I could see it was only half finished and needed patches and improvements.
How can Paradox seriously blame bad sales when they push a beta stage product out onto the market. That is not bad sales, that is bad planning.
I could not recommend the game to anyone in its present state. If they had taken the time with it they would have had the sales.

This game was poorly marketed, there was more information coming out about EU4 then there was about this game. I always thought of it as a stopgap game for EU4 (much the same way I look at Sengoku being a stopgap game of CK2) instead of being a proper PDS title that would stand on its own.

Even Sengoku got more patches than this! I guess it's just not profitable to use paid hours to support this game.

Well it might have been. I haven't bought anything released by PDS for a year now, and to be fair, I would have bought absolutely everything before. It wasn't just the way they behaved with regards to this game but it was a major factor in my decision. Also, I don't plug their stuff anymore. As an instructor in a military college I came across quite a few people I converted to Paradox, so the sales figures alone might not tell the whole story in how much money PDS "saved" by doing a half arsed job and then dumping this game.

There will be no expansions or more dlc for MotE. Salesnumbers just arent there.
First EvW, then this... Damn... Why do games with most potential die??? Now it seems Planetside 2 is dying too, undoutably most revolutionary FPS for a while, and there are no promising RTS (not grand strategy) games coming out either...Etc :(

Well it might have been. I haven't bought anything released by PDS for a year now, and to be fair, I would have bought absolutely everything before. It wasn't just the way they behaved with regards to this game but it was a major factor in my decision. Also, I don't plug their stuff anymore. As an instructor in a military college I came across quite a few people I converted to Paradox, so the sales figures alone might not tell the whole story in how much money PDS "saved" by doing a half arsed job and then dumping this game.

So what, they should have continued wasting money so an unimpressive number of players would be happy? The Market decides which software products survive and which die, not their companies. Supporting a game that doesn't make enough income would negatively affect the development of other games and cause unwanted damage to the company so cancellations are necessary.

I think the criticism is directed more toward the half arsed job that led to an unimpressive number of players purchasing the game rather than the decision to drop it. If they did a better job making the game and if people viewed this game as an equal product instead of a side project, they could have avoided this situation that forced them to cancel future plans for development.

kinda redicules that in this culture of selling and buying half finished games that some people even try to justify the lack of fixes. even selling the fixes and call em dlc would be better then this

So how does the currently released game compare to the free download test game? I tried that a bit and am wondering if the current game version is better (i.e. is it worth getting while on special)?

I think it's worth buying, even if there are some flaws in the game, it's still fun.
The naval warfare is broken, the british are just invincible (a mod fixes that,btw), very minor strategical depth (more buildings and a few ressources here & there would definately add to the game experience), flawed diplomacy (the faction system might be a nice idea, but it's definately broken, no "normal" alliances...), plain stupid AI (diplomatic & fighting), bad technology-(idea)system (sth. like Vicky2 would be nice here, with inventions..etc), only a handful events and decsisions.

So, the game doesn't have much depth at all, but none the less, it's still a lot of fun managing your armies, fighting your way through europe (especially when you have inferior numbers - SWE vs RUS, PRU vs FRA&AUS...etc)
From time to time I still play a few hours per week with the 1792 mod.

Have a try ;-)

from the feeling i get from this thread, i'm guessing that march of the eagles has become PI's Nintendo Virtual Boy?

Biggest problem i have with this is that there is no little to no hope for MotE 2 :( This game does not advance, there will not be next one... Just sad :(

EDIT: Just realised, they might be doing expansion pack for Europa Universalis 4, or do what they failed to do with EvW, both ways game would get hype it needs and devs get second change, problems would be fixed and it would get more in-depth, and soon we have EU4 for Napoleonic era. And perhaps extend it to Victorian era too!?
Or is it just a dream?

Last edited:
Probably just a dream.

Some time ago I noticed that sometimes when you annexed a country their cores disapears except from the capital, don't know if it's WAD or not, but definitaly doesn't make any sense.