• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is understandable that they won't develop an expansion pack because not enough people bought the game. But ending all support, at the very least there should be a final patch, is not understandable and any rational consumer would be discouraged from buying PI games in the future.

As unfortunate as it is for fans of the game...

Seriously, which other publisher/dev will be as frank and honest with their audience? Much respect, good Sir.

Yeah, plus 2 for that sentiment and I appreciate at least knowing.

You must not have played HOI3 vanilla.

I must admit that I hadn't liked MOTE very much, and I hadn't also played HOI3- but I consider it quite complicated. If MOTE could- after some patches and expansions- be on par with HOI, than it's a real shame that it's no longer being supported.

@Johann or Balor (same same I know) :

If no expansion is planned, would it be possible you release the source as it was done for HOI2 (with NDA, contract und so weiter...)?

I believe some people might be willing to put time and energy into it (let say I would imagine something similar to 1813 from Greenius). the game have lot of potentials, sad to let it fall while there is nothing great since years for the corresponding period.

Anyway, I would even pay for a legal access to the source (at least to make it what I want it to be, not for commercialization), so willing to negotiate if P'Dox is willing

I quite liked March of the Eagles.

However, given the game's scope, and its overall purview and ambition, I felt that it fell somewhat short of what it could have been. I wanted to immerse myself into the time of Napoleon, and instead I had a truncated experience of a grander Paradox game.

Some aspects worked exceptionally well (I very much liked how losing nations earned more points for unlocking perks/talents), while others didn't make sense (of course I would take out loans/spend too much/etc).

Overall, the game was good, but its gameplay concepts were squashed a little too brutally into the Paradox map/gameplay style. I think the time period offers a lot, and the possibilities are there, but alas it wasn't sufficiently fleshed out.

I don't regret buying it, but it wasn't what I wanted. Here's to the next iteration!

It always looked more like HOI3 with muskets rather than a true Napoleonic game.AGEOD's design looked better on paper.

I think if that was the case the game would be more successful, especially when considering they are both primarily focused on war. Besides the better variety of military units, I think March of the Eagles feels more similar to CK than HOI, and as a result does not have enough features to make it a detailed wargame. The diplomacy and technology is where March of the Eagles is most lacking and if these two aspects were better adapted to the time period, like they are in HOI, then it would have made the game more complex and interesting.

they just made this game in order to make some quick bucks out of the fans so no, of course there isn't going to be anything more for this game.
to say is a misintepretation of the reality. Basically the game is the child of Ageod + P'Dox. But after the divorce , the child was pertubated because raised by a single parent (common story in real life with mono parental family). the game was released in the optics to :
1) reduce the lost
2) try a new concept
3) make the die hard fans base to have somethig to do and tell instead of them waiting and eventually go to the concurence while EU4 was fine tuned.

It is a safe and sound business plan, the kind that is implemented everywhere. Sales were not here, so no more works on it (that is also a commercial rule).

Instead of spreading rumors, why do not simply buy a hundreds copy of it! It might convince Johann to produce a new extension. (joking, obviously).

So is their no point in buying the game now? Getting tired of HOI WW2 and was looking for a decent strategy game of Napoleonic era for something different. Was looking at Empires in Arms but MotE looks easy to get into an play (like HOI) but if it has frustrating bugs I may save my time??

So is their no point in buying the game now? Getting tired of HOI WW2 and was looking for a decent strategy game of Napoleonic era for something different. Was looking at Empires in Arms but MotE looks easy to get into an play (like HOI) but if it has frustrating bugs I may save my time??
MotE is indeed relatively easy to start with but it's the best Napoleonic Era game I know. I don't know any frustrating bugs, this game is quite polished. It's no longer updated, but there are some great mods out there and the most of the things that can be described as "bugs" were improved in earlier updates.

There are some features missing, but overall, it's a great game. As long as you keep in mind it's a war game, with for example very few economic parts, MotE is a very enjoyable game. When you're tired of the vanilla version, I suggest to try some mods. Some of them give the feeling of having a new game.