• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two bug reports, one minor and one major.

Minor: In event 72902(English surrender to Japan in English/Japanese war), it gives military access to Mengkuko twice instead of Mengkuko and (presumably) Manchuko.

Good catch, thank you :)

Major: I'm getting game crashes when the USA liberates Iceland or at the start of the 1944 scenario. Here's a screenshot of the error:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5596/crashg.jpg

i have a problem, in a UK game i have a reproducable CTD, with the error : (ai-prefs:unexpected file) `infantry = 100.0000`line = 67 file = ai/ICL_1936.ai

i have SMEP & DAIM and a clean DD armageddon 1.3 HOI 2.

could somebody please help me wath to do ? it is a great game right now and i´d love to continue it.

edit: i have found out now, that this always happens on the 18th of june 1944. and is triggered by the release Iceland event for the US.

so i thought about deleting that event, since its not important but i cant find it. in the AI_USA folder it only says that those events have been replaced by the DAIM events but i cant find them either.

This is actually a bug introduced by the latest HOI2 patch and is not SMEP's fault. They have released a fix for it. Try this:

The guy who fucked it up to begin with will try.

You can download a corrected file here: http://www.savefile.com/files/2085370

Hi Atruejedi,

As promised I tried this mod:
First of all my compliments for the events!
Second do you have an answer to this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9989528&postcount=78?
Third as discussed Egypt joins the Axis too soon. Please add more conditions like Alexandria taken
Fourth Sirya under Vichy should be redesigned. More in general the Free France and Vichy should be redesigned. For example the true and legal France was Vichy not Free France. The latter got some sloops as navy, few people and zero IC. Personally I modded this adding some IC to France (Free France) and subtracting it to ENG.

Last edited:
About Iraq

About Iraq

As previously mentioned Iraq was attacked by the British in May 1941 after the coup d'état happened on 3 April 1941

The force fielded by Iraq was

The Royal Iraqi Army (RIrA) was composed of four infantry divisions[10] with some 60,000 men. The 1st and 3rd Divisions[24] were stationed near Baghdad.[10] Also based within Baghdad was the Independent Mechanized Brigade, composed of a light tank company, an armoured car company, two battalions of "mechanized" infantry transported in trucks, a "mechanized" machine-gun company, and a "mechanized" artillery brigade. The Iraqi 2nd Division was stationed in Kirkuk and the 4th Division was in Al Diwaniyah on the main rail line from Baghdad to Basra.[12] Unlike the modern use of the term "mechanized," in 1941 "mechanized" for the RIrA meant transported by trucks.[25][nb 4]

The Royal Iraqi Air Force (RIrAF) had a total of 116 aircraft in 7 squadrons and a training school.[12] However, only between 50 and 60 Iraqi aircraft were in serviceable condition.[7] Most Iraqi aircraft were located at the newly re-named "Rashid Airfield" in Baghdad (formerly RAF Hinaidi). In addition to the 116 aircraft, the Iraqi Air Force had another 9 aircraft not allocated to specific squadrons and 19 aircraft available in reserve.[12]

The Royal Iraqi Navy (RIrN) had four 100-ton Thornycroft gunboats, one pilot vessel, and one minesweeper. All were armed and all were based in the Shatt-al-Arab waterways.[26]

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Iraqi_War

Italians and Germans sent some airplanes (respectively 12 and 29) to help and planned to do more.

In terms of SMEP I would like to see what is written above better represented. For example I noticed (but I can be wrong) only two divisions fielded by Iraq (no Air, no Navy). Moreover there are some divisions sent by Iraq as expeditionary force that should be deleted after the coup (my prefered option is to prevent Iraq sending any expeditionary force at all).

The second point is that the conquered Iraqi provinces should go back to Iraq. In the game this holds only if that territories are conquered by Iraq.

Last but not least a Kuwait state never existed in the history: The independent caza of the city of Kuwait it was set up by Anglo-Ottoman Convention of 1913 because a threat that British made to the Ottomans. After the WWI Kuwait (the city plus some more land rich of oil) become a state puppeted by British and for this reason I think that when lost by British it should go back to Iraq as national province.

Last edited:
A bug?

2 Nov 1941 Operation Torch happened. Is this a bug?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but...

I've been playing SMEP for the first time as Germany, and I'm really enjoying it.

However, I just got the "Send Material to Nationalist Spain?" event. Picking "Send Material," decreased my supplies by 2000, but INCREASED my metal by 2000. Is this intended? :eek:

All I've seen so far. I liked seeing the "Direct Intervention!" option, but didn't want to take the +5 dissent hit.

Hello cool mod im playing it combined with the cold war tech tree extension probject and arma 1.3 with the latest beta patch.

Runs fine as far as I can tell expect when I attempt to play germany from the user mod 1936 scenario and fire the smep mod (event 70000).

After this event fires. The game crashes to desktop

##########
# Germany - The Third Reich (1936)
##########
event = {
id = 71400
random = no
country = GER

# trigger = {
#
# }

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 } #setup
# offset = 2
# deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963 }

name = "The Third Reich - 1936"
desc = "Text"

picture = "constitutional"

action_a = {
ai_chance = 100
name = "Very good" #

#command = { type = headofstate which = } #
#command = { type = headofgovernment which = } #
#command = { type = foreignminister which = } #
command = { type = armamentminister which = 77 } #Schacht
#command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = } #
#command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = } #
command = { type = chiefofstaff which = 180 } #Blomberg
command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 8 } #Fritsch
#command = { type = chiefofnavy which = } #
#command = { type = chiefofair which = } #

command = { type = sleepevent which = 71401 } #38
command = { type = sleepevent which = 71402 } #39
command = { type = sleepevent which = 71403 } #41
command = { type = sleepevent which = 71404 } #44
command = { type = sleepevent which = 71405 } #45

command = { type = deactivate which = 14090 } #volksturm
}
}

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

2 Nov 1941 Operation Torch happened. Is this a bug?

Torch will fire if the Italians are losing heavily in North Africa OR the USA has joined the Allies. It can happen at any date. This is not a bug.

I've been playing SMEP for the first time as Germany, and I'm really enjoying it.

However, I just got the "Send Material to Nationalist Spain?" event. Picking "Send Material," decreased my supplies by 2000, but INCREASED my metal by 2000. Is this intended? :eek:

All I've seen so far. I liked seeing the "Direct Intervention!" option, but didn't want to take the +5 dissent hit.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it :)

As for the metal, I think that actually IS on purpose... but I can't remember. I was reading Antony Beevor's "The Spanish Civil War" and I think the Spanish sent Germany some type of metal. If anyone can look this up, please do. For now I'll leave it as it is. But good find!

Hello cool mod im playing it combined with the cold war tech tree extension probject and arma 1.3 with the latest beta patch.

Runs fine as far as I can tell expect when I attempt to play germany from the user mod 1936 scenario and fire the smep mod (event 70000).

After this event fires. The game crashes to desktop

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Odd. I'm not sure why this would happen and I don't have CWTTEP installed... You might want to ask nomonhan.

Every time I play SMEP, the event "Vlassov defects" happens soon after MR pact. This does not affect the gameplay very much, but I would prefer it to be fixed:).

I agree. Vanilla added this event recently and I have not altered it yet. I will get around to it in the next version :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Torch will fire if the Italians are losing heavily in North Africa OR the USA has joined the Allies. It can happen at any date. This is not a bug.

Torch happened when the Axis had the complete control of the North Africa and Middle East.

Last edited:
Good to hear the +2000 metal isn't a bug.

Not much else to report, except that as Germany, I soon received an option asking: "Send more material to Franco?" or not. However, the text describing this was simply: "Blah." This is a bit immersion-breaking to just read 'blah'. Maybe it could be edited to read "With the Spanish Civil War continuing, Germany considers sending more material aid to better guarantee a Nationalist victory..."? I admit this is more 'nitpick' than 'bug' material. :p

Unfortunately many events are like this because I am an event coder, not a writer. Please, feel free to write up any descriptions to events and I will gladly include them (and I'm great at editing others' works, just not composing my own :))

glad to see 6.0 released!

I played a first game with the soviet union and noticed a few minor issues.

1) When Japan annexes commi china and it gets released by the asian affairs event it is market liberal instead of stalinist.

2) soon after barbarossa I got the finnish surrender event, but it seems to be only some white peace. After I crushed germany and the peace treaty expired I wanted to satellite finland, but when I decleared war they got some Fall of the third reich surrender event immediatly. This also happened with Yugoslavia.

3) sometimes the fall of the third reich event chain seems to cause problems. I had a ctd once when germany surrendered per event and there were still fighting axis members left.

4) when the netherlands get puppeted by the sovs and the indonesian uprising happens, they break free and are no longer satellites. Nontheless they stay stalinist. Is this possibly wad?

5) even if yugoslavia is puppeted after the war, it doesn't becomes a satellite of sov. Is this wad because of historical accuracy?

Apart from that I think smep improves the gameplay hugely. Finally some mod that makes hoi2 work like it should have from the very beginning!

lumpy

jedi,

what about include the cold war events and tech tree into Smep? like the you did with china pack

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376965

Nomonhan and I are working with compatibility so you will be able to use the mods together.

glad to see 6.0 released!

Thanks! Me too :)

I played a first game with the soviet union and noticed a few minor issues.

1) When Japan annexes commi china and it gets released by the asian affairs event it is market liberal instead of stalinist.

...Interesting. Not in my games... but I'll have a look. Usually it isn't Mao in charge, though, I HAVE noticed that.

2) soon after barbarossa I got the finnish surrender event, but it seems to be only some white peace. After I crushed germany and the peace treaty expired I wanted to satellite finland, but when I decleared war they got some Fall of the third reich surrender event immediatly. This also happened with Yugoslavia.

Whoops. These are indeed bugs... I'll have to look into how to sleep them properly. Good find, thanks.

3) sometimes the fall of the third reich event chain seems to cause problems. I had a ctd once when germany surrendered per event and there were still fighting axis members left.

This has to do with expeditionary forces, I believe. Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately... I just recommend frequent game-saving when the downfall of Germany appears eminent.

4) when the netherlands get puppeted by the sovs and the indonesian uprising happens, they break free and are no longer satellites. Nontheless they stay stalinist. Is this possibly wad?

Haha! Not WAD, but I like it!

5) even if yugoslavia is puppeted after the war, it doesn't becomes a satellite of sov. Is this wad because of historical accuracy?

WAD indeed.

Apart from that I think smep improves the gameplay hugely. Finally some mod that makes hoi2 work like it should have from the very beginning!

lumpy

Thank you :)

Ran into a small bug. After finishing off the UK as Germany, I decided to split Holland and Belgium off into Dietsland and Wallonia. Dietsland has no defined ministers, so everyone's a "Shadow Minister." I don't know if creating Flanders instead of Dietsland has the same bug.

Moreso a lack of content/research than a bug. I just don't have information on these guys and haven't looked for myself. The only other option is to approach the New Nations Mod and ask for permission to use their minister/leader files.

During my play as Australia, 2 unnatural things happened.

1) After the chinese surrender, in early 1941, Mengukuo suddenly declared war on Mongolia, resulting war between USSR and Japan.

2) After Japanese surrender to the allies, Nationalist China and Communist china(both Market leberal btw) were created and started civil war. Some times after that, Communist Vietnam got independent and declared war on France, and then Communist China declared war on Communist Vietnam, consequently joining the allies. Nationalist China reacted this by joining the axis(by events).

I would like to know if these are what you intended to happen.

During my play as Australia, 2 unnatural things happened.

1) After the chinese surrender, in early 1941, Mengukuo suddenly declared war on Mongolia, resulting war between USSR and Japan.

Were you playing a 1938 scenario game? Because I've seen this happened, too, and I cannot explain it! But I've only ever seen it happen in the 1938 scenario!

2) After Japanese surrender to the allies, Nationalist China and Communist china(both Market leberal btw) were created and started civil war. Some times after that, Communist Vietnam got independent and declared war on France, and then Communist China declared war on Communist Vietnam, consequently joining the allies. Nationalist China reacted this by joining the axis(by events).

I would like to know if these are what you intended to happen.

Interesting... I don't really have any events to create Communist Vietnam... can you give me more information about your games?

Were you playing a 1938 scenario game? Because I've seen this happened, too, and I cannot explain it! But I've only ever seen it happen in the 1938 scenario![QUO

No, I played 1936 scenario.

Interesting... I don't really have any events to create Communist Vietnam... can you give me more information about your games?

Soon after the surrender of Japan, I found rebels occupying Vietnam which was returned to France, and later got independent. I thought it was one of your events because the rebels didn't proceed to the rest of the Indochina, the timing of vietnamese independence was more or less historical(after Japanese surrender), and IIRC there used to be similar events in palestine in the older version of SMEP.