• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just launched the Japan game and I plan to DoW SU in Nomonhan Incident. Never tried it before.

Is there a peace treaty event in SMEP? I don't know how this war will end because I suppose that I won't be able to defeat SU alone until 41 when GER declares. Probably it will lead to standard Bitter Peace even though I won't join the Axis and DoW much earlier than the Germans. Am I right?

I just launched the Japan game and I plan to DoW SU in Nomonhan Incident. Never tried it before.

Is there a peace treaty event in SMEP? I don't know how this war will end because I suppose that I won't be able to defeat SU alone until 41 when GER declares. Probably it will lead to standard Bitter Peace even though I won't join the Axis and DoW much earlier than the Germans. Am I right?

If Japan is at war with the Soviets and Germany is NOT at war with the Soviets, a treaty fires that is NOT Bitter Peace. This treaty is pretty meager in comparison to the Bitter Peace treaty... but you can always join in and attack them again when Germany does and get more spoils :)

You DO NOT have to be Axis offically. As long as Germany and Japan are both at war with USSR, the GER-JAP-SOV Bitter Peace will fire. No worries!

Hungary chain in annexation of Czechs does not work. Still have to get Hungary into the Axis manually.

Why does Gibraltar become an Italian core when Britain surrenders? Especially when the Nationalists are the ones who take it?

I think you need more events after the Bitter Peace to release more of the states in the western SU.

Hungary chain in annexation of Czechs does not work. Still have to get Hungary into the Axis manually.

Possibly WAD. I didn't want to force a Hungarian player into the Axis if Germany decided to annex, so I rewrote alot of this.

Why does Gibraltar become an Italian core when Britain surrenders? Especially when the Nationalists are the ones who take it?

Spain gets it if Spain actually did some fighting. If Spain joins, takes Gibraltar and the war ends, of course they won't keep it, because they barely deserve it. An event fires for Germany a week or so after Spain joins the Axis and is warring with the UK. If that event fires, Spain gets spoils after the war.

I think you need more events after the Bitter Peace to release more of the states in the western SU.

Suggestions?

If Japan is at war with the Soviets and Germany is NOT at war with the Soviets, a treaty fires that is NOT Bitter Peace. This treaty is pretty meager in comparison to the Bitter Peace treaty... but you can always join in and attack them again when Germany does and get more spoils :)

Pretty meager? :eek: Speaking of Japan, I can't imagine a treaty more meager than BP. I am looking forward to it :)

You DO NOT have to be Axis offically. As long as Germany and Japan are both at war with USSR, the GER-JAP-SOV Bitter Peace will fire. No worries!

Yes, I knew this. Sorry for my post being little hazy.

I helped the Germans this way (=without joining them) for several times before in vanilla - primarily to prevent them from sending annoying exp. forces.

I have a question... i've been playing SMEP with DAIM SKIF and GIP... and it always seems that when Ai germ invades france and the low countries within a couple days the USSR declares war on Germany... its so odd... I'm going to check to see if the new 6.0 download fixed it... or it was just something at random... i'll be playing germ this time though :D!

Just an aside:

My election events don't work properly for Armageddon as Arma added USA and ENG ministers to 1964. Therefore, having Wilkie win (for instance) will end up with weird results.

I'll need to review (sooner rather than later) and correct, at least for elections to 1952.

just finished testing and it seems that the USSR will declare war may 1st 1940... nomatter human or AI germany... which is pretty bad... cause if its the ai vichy will not fire!

Interesting. I haven't had this issue. Anyone else??? I recommend using acceptall to force a peace with them for now.

Interesting. I haven't had this issue. Anyone else??? I recommend using acceptall to force a peace with them for now.

have tried that... and then on the first of june they declare war again... could be DAIM but i'm not really sure... but every game i have played so far it happens.

have tried that... and then on the first of june they declare war again... could be DAIM but i'm not really sure... but every game i have played so far it happens.

Very possibly a SMEP/DAIM compatibility issue. We are not made for eachother YET.

Just out of curiosity, what changes did you make to CCIP to fit it in? Also, which mods are compatible with this?

I did alot of cleaning in the CCIP event files, removed a few events that had "stages" of development that weren't totally reliable, made changes to events that SMEP had already done work on... lots of little stuff. CCIP is, all things considered, very much intact. Just a little cleaner to an event-maker.

Any graphics mod will be compatible. CCIP is now included, so don't install CCIP OVER SMEP. Currently working to make Cold War Tech Tree Extension mod 100% compatible (it basically is now, go ahead and try it) and in the future will make it 100% compatible with DAIM (which it apparently is not, currently).

just to keep you posted on this DOW of the USSR in May of 1940... It might be fixed if you extend the nap but that might not be a good idea... I'm currently seeing if it happens as other countries as well. I've only seen it as USA Germany and Japan... I'm going to see if it happens when i play as the UK. Maybe i should try a different order of install involving DAIM and SMEP. Any suggestions?