• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Impossible to say since we have no Idea what a CK3 would look like.

Yes we do. No game ever has more content than predecessor + 14 expansions. It's over 6 years of nonstop development for godness sake, and hundreds of euros worth of expansions.

CK3 will most likely offer improvements in UI, more intuitive tooltips, improved/changed core mechanics but I would not expect to have societies and other ck2 dlc stuff to be in base game. But who knows, I would love to be wrong.

CK3 will most likely offer improvements in UI, more intuitive tooltips, improved/changed core mechanics but
...and 64bit support, improved modability, larger and more detailed map...
Can't forget the techy stuff. :p

Seeing all the praise around I have a hard time to imagine the development cycle would end now. When people lose interest in DLC, sure, but it doesn't look like that's the case. Then there are other titles TBA so it makes more sense to have Vicky has the next title.

I’m still undecided what’s worse. The weekly CK2 is going to end thread or the we want china thread.
Of course if development for CK2 finally ends we get the weekly we want CK3 thread.

Oh, don't you worry, even if CK2 development is over we'll have "we want China in Crusader Qings 3" threads :p

CK3 will most likely offer improvements in UI, more intuitive tooltips, improved/changed core mechanics but I would not expect to have societies and other ck2 dlc stuff to be in base game. But who knows, I would love to be wrong.

An improved portrait system is what I'm really hoping for.

I think that these "Ck2 is ending, the end is nigh!" threads, which spawn almost every day, are becoming pretty annoying.
Minus one stability.

Yes we do. No game ever has more content than predecessor + 14 expansions. It's over 6 years of nonstop development for godness sake, and hundreds of euros worth of expansions.
EU4 was created by taking EU3 as of Divine Wind and adding/removing stuff.

I fully expect that CK3, if and when it happens, will be created by taking CK2 as of whatever the final expansion DLC is, transferring it to Paradox's latest-and-greatest engine, and adding/removing stuff.

Strongly disagree. Without expansions and content packs, this game would have died long ago.

I'm very happy to pay every once in a while. It's like a subscription to WoW, except the game gets better and better instead of worse.

EU4 was created by taking EU3 as of Divine Wind and adding/removing stuff.

I fully expect that CK3, if and when it happens, will be created by taking CK2 as of whatever the final expansion DLC is, transferring it to Paradox's latest-and-greatest engine, and adding/removing stuff.

Mostly removing stuff*

And well, EU3 only had like 2 expansions? It's was tiny compared to ck2 and all expansions it has.

Mostly removing stuff*
Eh. Amidst all the rewrites, the only removals that really stand out were of mechanics I will quite cheerfully say were terribly designed in the first place :)

EU4 at release felt like a considerable upgrade on EU3 DW to me.
And well, EU3 only had like 2 expansions?
Four. (But yeah, they weren't very big compared to an EU4 or CK2 expansion.)

Mostly removing stuff*
Please tell me, what was removed that was not garbage. Questionable design choices aside, EU4 on release had more content than EU3 DW.

Anyway. OP, do not be a virtual drug addict. CK2 had a good run, but nothing lasts forever. It would be great to see what will they do in CK3 after all these years of experience. I am not even worried too much about the mana promised by Johan. Technical improvements of Imperator already look impressive, and such a detailed map could work even better in the feudal context.

Content or no, I felt that EU4 was a step BACK for Paradox. I felt like they "dumbed down" EU4 so that newcomers could play "my first Grand Strategy Game". While I encourage increasing the fanbase, and I'm glad that EU4 has won over new converts who have come to "real" Grand Strategy games since, I still feel like EU4 was Paradox moving backwards.

That's just me though. I always felt like the people who preferred EU2 to EU3 were curmudgeony old men (and women), but now I'm one of them by preferring EU3 to EU4.

i dont mind if this game is finsished because there is so much stuff broken in this game and they only focus on dlc and making money... they will never fix the stuff that drives me crazy so bring on ck3 and i hope another developer creates it from scratch with a brand new engine and they consult historians

Anyway. OP, do not be a virtual drug addict. CK2 had a good run, but nothing lasts forever. It would be great to see what will they do in CK3 after all these years of experience. I am not even worried too much about the mana promised by Johan. Technical improvements of Imperator already look impressive, and such a detailed map could work even better in the feudal context.
Is anyone actually reading something else than the thread title? Which by the way was just a stupid reference to the latest South Park episodes. I have said in this thread that I am actually looking up to CK3, this is the first time I ever talked about the topic of ending the development and I did not even say my opinion, but still everybody keeps telling me I'm some kind of crybaby, virtual drug addict or whatever... :(

Is anyone actually reading something else than the thread title? Which by the way was just a stupid reference to the latest South Park episodes. I have said in this thread that I am actually looking up to CK3, this is the first time I ever talked about the topic of ending the development and I did not even say my opinion, but still everybody keeps telling me I'm some kind of crybaby, virtual drug addict or whatever... :(

Well it's a pretty inflammatory topic and thread title. Not to mention the post itself is... garbage? It's complete hand-wringing speculation. Then, in post #8 you even reply to someone saying that these types of posts are annoying and agree with them. I mean honestly this whole thread is junk.

220px-Airquotes.gif
Crusader Kings III
220px-Airquotes.gif

As if someone would be so stupid as to spend all that currency on basicly the same game/DLCs yet again...
*looks at Electronic Arts and "The Sims" playerbase*

giphy.gif