• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wenceslaus II.

Moravian Scribe
109 Badges
Apr 19, 2017
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
The new game editions say: all expansions ever released and all content packs....
I really don't like that all and ever.
What do you guys think?

The new game editions say: all expansions ever released and all content packs....
I really don't like that all and ever.
What do you guys think?
I disagree strongly. I mean, it's not like they can include expansions released in the future, now. And the copywriter is almost certainly not a member of the dev team.

I am very tired though of the constant prognostications of doom for this game. Either they're going to write more of it, or they aren't. If they aren't, we don't know that yet and predicting it does nothing. If they are, I think predicting the end of the game over and over - especially where the devs can see - serves no positive purpose and could be demoralising.

Can't we just enjoy things without predicting their imminent demise?

nd

The game is 5 years old. It's certainly time to think on CK3.

However, as Ck2 is one of those games with great replayability, there's no much reason to panic - and, after all, CK3 will take a loooong time to be released (among cries of Vic3 not yet being released, lol)

I disagree strongly. I mean, it's not like they can include expansions released in the future, now. And the copywriter is almost certainly not a member of the dev team.

I am very tired though of the constant prognostications of doom for this game. Either they're going to write more of it, or they aren't. If they aren't, we don't know that yet and predicting it does nothing. If they are, I think predicting the end of the game over and over - especially where the devs can see - serves no positive purpose and could be demoralising.

Can't we just enjoy things without predicting their imminent demise?

nd
Well, I mean, if it wasn't that way, it'd probably say: all expansions released before 2019 and not ever, wouldn't it?

The game is 5 years old. It's certainly time to think on CK3.

However, as Ck2 is one of those games with great replayability, there's no much reason to panic - and, after all, CK3 will take a loooong time to be released (among cries of Vic3 not yet being released, lol)
Yeah, okay. Panic may be too much.

If it comes down to that we should be the end of CK2 era, I will let it rest in pease. Not meaning I will stop playing it! I´m far from done with CK2!

So no panic here! Should they announce CK3 though, I would follow the game to it´s release but not haste it! CK2 is still hugely replayable.

I think that these "Ck2 is ending, the end is nigh!" threads, which spawn almost every day, are becoming pretty annoying.

I think that these "Ck2 is ending, the end is nigh!" threads, which spawn almost every day, are becoming pretty annoying.
They are, I just wanted to point this out.

I’m still undecided what’s worse. The weekly CK2 is going to end thread or the we want china thread.
Of course if development for CK2 finally ends we get the weekly we want CK3 thread.

It's extra annoying when every DD thread has this as a derailing tangent, but I don't like to worsen the situation by arguing in those threads. This thread, on the other hand, has no other purpose and specifically invites criticism, so it seemed like a good place to say my piece.

nd

This thread, on the other hand, has no other purpose and specifically invites criticism
Not true at all. Definitely not what I wanted. I just wanted to point this out and see what everybody thinks, because it worries me. I may have chosen a wrong name for the thread.
Not to mention, this is the first time I ever expressed myself on the matter.

There's absolutely nothing in the chosen phrasing that indicates this is the end

All expansions ever released = All expansions released up to this point. Absolutely nothing to fret over...

Well, I mean, if it wasn't that way, it'd probably say: all expansions released before 2019 and not ever, wouldn't it?
If I were to give you a list of all the videogames I have ever played, you would not assume I was going to stop playing new videogames for the rest of my life. Or all the books I've ever read, all the films I've ever watched, etc. This doesn't apply any more to CK2 expansions than it does to those things.

I’m still undecided what’s worse. The weekly CK2 is going to end thread or the we want china thread.
Of course if development for CK2 finally ends we get the weekly we want CK3 thread.
Is it more or less bad than the weekly "give us Hellenism" thread was? I understand why they did so, but I am still a little disappointed that the devs gave in to the petulant whining.

As it said on the case of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, "Don't Panic".

"Europa Universalis 3 Complete" included only four of the six expansion packs. "Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles" is the one with all six expansion packs included.

Is it time to start thinking about CK3? Sure. But are you still having fun with CK2? If not, well... then do you really think CK3 is gonna solve your issues? If yes, then why worry about CK3 and future expansion packs?

I think it honestly would be silly of them to stop developing ck2. This game seems to be doing better than ever and people really liked last DLC, I think that's one of two dlcs I decided were worth full price so that's says a lot since I was extremely negative towards majority of previous dlcs as I am generally not an easy person to please.

I also don't understand people looking forward to ck3 as it's very likely going to have way less content than ck2+dlcs. I probably gonna keep playing ck2 few years into ck3 and only switch until we get at least few dlcs for it.

Is it more or less bad than the weekly "give us Hellenism" thread was? I understand why they did so, but I am still a little disappointed that the devs gave in to the petulant whining.

Maybe now we get more give us generic pagan thread. Haven’t seen that in a while.

I think it honestly would be silly of them to stop developing ck2. This game seems to be doing better than ever and people really liked last DLC, I think that's one of two dlcs I decided were worth full price so that's says a lot since I was extremely negative towards majority of previous dlcs as I am generally not an easy person to please.

I also don't understand people looking forward to ck3 as it's very likely going to have way less content than ck2+dlcs. I probably gonna keep playing ck2 few years into ck3 and only switch until we get at least few dlcs for it.

Impossible to say since we have no Idea what a CK3 would look like.