• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Our Chile has a horrible time trying to build up a navy, I might say. :p))

walespng.jpg
A notice to the merchants of South America:

Given the state of affairs in Chile and the unlawful government that has declared itself the "Empire of Chile", it is clear that collection of our tariffs at land ports is untenable for the time being. The Chilean government will commence the collection of tariffs on Chilean imports and exports at sea, managed by the Free Chilean Navy. Ships are encouraged to register their goods with the officials of the Free Chilean Navy at nearby ports in other nations as well, to minimize the hassle for both sides. Any ship evading the collection of tariffs will be considered a smuggler and will be sunk or captured.

Ships going through Chilean ports are advised to avoid the illegal tariffs collected at the ports. When possible, the Free Chilean Navy will provide advice and assistance in getting around these tariffs.

- Admiral Gabriel Alvarez

Admiral Alvarez, as one of the leaders of this governemtn in exile I congratulate you on your resourcefulness in helping us escape and having the courage to stand up to these tyrants.

Former Senator Andonie

Thanks Admiral for protecting our freedom of trade and opposing tariffs.

We mourn the loss of a martyr of our cause. A great man, that we shall never forget. It is this reason why I propose renaming our Frigate after "Santandera". With our navy, we can blockade the Empire's main port and cut off trade. We should organize as soon as possible, and make up a council of Republicanos as to foward our cause.

Mr. Larraín Zepeda

Last edited:
I was thinking of the same thing, Senor Zepeda. I wholly support renaming the ship the Santandera.

As well, congratulations, Admiral Alvarez; I'm happy I voted for your innocence! With the navy on our side, the "Empire" will surely fall!

I have just annonced that I will turn over my 5 personal ships (the Bio-Bio, Recia, Emperador, Chillan, and Grischun) to His Imperial Majesty by the Minister of War. They will be used as frigates for the Chilean Navy, and be fitted as such. Also, I have turned over a few dozen boats from my province to the Navy for use as transport ships (with a very handsome monetary compensation for their owners)

This will be sufficient for us to control the seas should the need arise.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel.

((I commission a navy of over 9000 ironclads from my personal fortune...:p))

I have contacts with the navies of Prussia, Russia, Austria, France, Piedmont-Sardinia, and the United States and have requested their assistance. They may be able to procure for the Imperial Chilean Navy some raiders, a few more frigates and transports, and maybe some man-of-war battleships.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel.

((....Yeah... let's not and say we didn't, mmmk? We can do some things, like commission a few boats, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is just like the armies we "recruited:" they weren't real and we completely unfounded. As well, I doubt anyone yet would be in contact with any other government;if that were the case, the other side would be there as well. So beyond a few ships, I don't think we can, or should, try to create a vast armada.

...But that's just me...))

((I think this "boat race" is getting a bit silly. Well, it was silly to start with.))

((Agreed. Let's just leave it at the few boats that my character gave to the navy.))

((Agreed. Let's just leave it to the few boats that my character gave to the navy.))

((Hrm, no. The navy is in-game and TH is the one who does that. The Empire does not have a single boat.))

((Didn't we previously all agree to leave the numbers and stuff to TH?

He's the guy who plays the game, and the in-game numbers are the numbers we're given. Let's stick with that, and only that. This is an AAR that's bound by game restrictions; you can't just go and pull navies and armies out of your toocus.))

"I hereby order the purchase of several raiders to be purchased by the Ministry of War, within the next two years."

-Emperor Cesar I

((Dude...The special edition looks crazy, but I can't afford it. Hope to see you online though!))

(( There is no Free Chilean Navy and no Imperial navy of any kind. But the Republicans can't give us crap for the overenthusiasm of some when they are talking about collecting tariffs on Chilean vessels or sinking vessels. They have one frigate. One. The actions that frigate has taken are, according to the official update, transporting rebels to those islands. A declaration of a Free Navy in concept is one thing, but you are trying to confuse the issues of the thread with the tariffs thing. If you keep saying it people will start believing it and soon enough every Republicano will be pushing for TH to be giving the rebels an income based on half or more of Chilean tariffs, or for our imperial income to be reduced by Republican tariff piracy.

So let's just chill it, alright? The Republicano tariff collecting stuff is no less crazy than Caviezel's naval militia stuff. ))

((I was mocking both sides, actually... and we actually have a navy, so fighting the tariffs wouldn't be unreasonable))

(( There is no Free Chilean Navy and no Imperial navy of any kind. But the Republicans can't give us crap for the overenthusiasm of some when they are talking about collecting tariffs on Chilean vessels or sinking vessels. They have one frigate. One. The actions that frigate has taken are, according to the official update, transporting rebels to those islands. A declaration of a Free Navy in concept is one thing, but you are trying to confuse the issues of the thread with the tariffs thing. If you keep saying it people will start believing it and soon enough every Republicano will be pushing for TH to be giving the rebels an income based on half or more of Chilean tariffs, or for our imperial income to be reduced by Republican tariff piracy.

So let's just chill it, alright? The Republicano tariff collecting stuff is no less crazy than Caviezel's naval militia stuff. ))
((I doubt that a lot of merchants would do anything as a response to the probably poorly distributed notification by the FCN or get caught by the San Martin [because as you say, it's one lone frigate and it has other duties to take care of aside from supporting itself off of "tariffs"]. It's not that the Free Chilean Navy is collecting tariffs - it's that they're declaring that they are collecting tariffs [as basically a justification for piracy and smuggling for the Republicano cause]. It's IC overenthusiastic propaganda, not OOC overenthusiasm.))

((Oh, for christ sakes, stop inventing numbers and troops out of thin air!))

Santandera shall be hailed forever in Chile as a true hero and patriot. The Republicanos will not rest until Roseno, Carrera, Romero, Disraeli and rest of the traitors have been placed in front of a firing squad and thier names are forever disgraced as enemies of Chile. Libertad o Muerte!!! Viva Chile.

Francisco Rivera - Senator in the legitimate Chilean Assembly

Last edited: