• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(207760)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 22, 2010
  • Pillars of Eternity
I purchased Mount and Blade Warband last night from Best Buy. There is a sticker on the inside that looks like a serial key, but it has way too many characters. I tried using it and leaving out the extra characters, but it doesn't work. I can return it to Best Buy, but it's a long drive from my home. If there is another fix, it would be much appreciated! Anyone else have this issue or know what to do?

Thanks!

Hm, thats strange,.. i see that your Key has worked here on the forum for registration, so it should be valid.

Sure you didnt made a typo when entering it in the form that pops up when you start the game?

What error message do you get?

Hm, thats strange,.. i see that your Key has worked here on the forum for registration, so it should be valid.

Sure you didnt made a typo when entering it in the form that pops up when you start the game?

What error message do you get?

Yes, I am sure. I've tried it several times. It worked on this forum by leaving the extra characters out and I went back and tried that, but it just reads "invalid key".

The only thing that comes to my mind eventually is, with M&B (not Warband) there was an option to do a "Manual activation",
that was a option all down on the registration Popup, when you clicked it you got a code for your hardware and a link,
then you had to follow that link to a website where you entered your serial and the hardware code and got another code,
that would then be entered on the popup and made the game register.

I dont remember if that "Manual activation" was still possible with Warband, but just take a look on the popup where it asks you to enter your key, maybe its there and it works with that way.

If not, well then i am sorry, and as clueless as you, hopefully one of the Mods or Company-Representatives can help you further.

The only thing that comes to my mind eventually is, with M&B (not Warband) there was an option to do a "Manual activation",
that was a option all down on the registration Popup, when you clicked it you got a code for your hardware and a link,
then you had to follow that link to a website where you entered your serial and the hardware code and got another code,
that would then be entered on the popup and made the game register.

I dont remember if that "Manual activation" was still possible with Warband, but just take a look on the popup where it asks you to enter your key, maybe its there and it works with that way.

If not, well then i am sorry, and as clueless as you, hopefully one of the Mods or Company-Representatives can help you further.

Actually, I've tried this manual activation too and no luck :( Thanks for your time though. I have sent a PM to one of the mods and an email to support, so hopefully I'll get an answer back soon. Thanks again.

Actually, I've tried this manual activation too and no luck :( Thanks for your time though. I have sent a PM to one of the mods and an email to support, so hopefully I'll get an answer back soon. Thanks again.

No problem, good luck, hope you get it solved.

Warband have one set of keys. The keys you get when you buy a box hough, is not directly for Warband, they are Steam keys.
I have already pm'd SakeOpe about this, but I though the answer should be here if anyone else have the same issue.

Just use the installer on the disc, or if Steam is already present on the computer, use the code in Steam to activate Warband.