• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You had tall objectives; hard to achieve them all. The river fleet trick is something most experienced Red players do. It makes it almost impossible to wipe out the entire Red forces in the Kuban.

Impressive victory at Kharkov.

I wish you best of luck! Please don't take this the wrong way but part of me wants to route for the Bolsheviks. It may sound very strange but they are the underdog in a Grand Campaign game.

By the way, is there any way you could make the images appear bigger in the text?

Thanks Bornego! I will see about making the images larger in my next post.

By all means root for the Bolsheviks, I am not offended - I only recently realized that the GC is so unbalanced for the Red player, so I've been playing as if it were a race against time. But now that I know the odds are in my favour, I won't be satisfied with anything less than a stunning victory ;)

I can't wait to try the Whites in the Short Campaign.

[Production, Late December, 1918. My morale skyrocketed from 99 to 125, so I'm relying on a mobilization decision to raise replacement chits.

Time to recognize the Republic independance, and then the Finnish independance - and see the Red rage :)

The strategic map looks promising! I have no idea of the situation, say, along the Polish border, but a link-up between Southern and Northern (Baltic) forces looks tantalizingly close... At least when going by the pretty empty strategic map. :)

Thanks guys! Sorry about the lack of updates, I haven't had time to write lately, but I have the orders backed up so I can add screenshots later. We're up to Early April, 1919 now, and I've suffered yet another setback - I didn't realize Makhno would ally with the Reds immediately after I entered Anarchist territory, and Pat used his forces decisively to take Sevastapol, beating up my spread out forces in the process and forcing me to disband three units of artillery and two supply trains rather than risk them falling into enemy hands. I am still in the process of evacuating the Crimea and should be finished next turn - fingers crossed - I'm ignoring Makhno for the moment and focusing on securing the frontlines of the Ukraine. The overall strategic situation is sound - Stalin is still encircled at Tzaritsyn, I am entrenched at Kharkov and Wrangel just took Kiev, although Drozdovsky is currently cut off from the railway at Liski by Red riverine forces. I spent the winter using my training officers to drill conscripts, and now I'm ready to commit my strategic reserves...

Ah, a very good teaser! Momentous changes have occured and more are to follow. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Makhno escapades - sounds like he is not to be taken lightly (unlike the Greens?).

Any update to the teaser ? That would be cool !