• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wow...as if you weren't prolific enough....now you're doing videos. This is awesome! I've gone through the first 2 videos so far and am already learning quite a bit about CKII (which I have yet to fully dive into). I'm also learning about this mod which piques my interest as well. These will be a very valuable reference for me when I get myself fully invested into the game (and you're right...I think this is the prettiest Paradox game yet).

What's next Saithis? a novel? perhaps a movie deal?

wow...as if you weren't prolific enough....now you're doing videos. This is awesome! I've gone through the first 2 videos so far and am already learning quite a bit about CKII (which I have yet to fully dive into). I'm also learning about this mod which piques my interest as well. These will be a very valuable reference for me when I get myself fully invested into the game (and you're right...I think this is the prettiest Paradox game yet).

What's next Saithis? a novel? perhaps a movie deal?

Thanks. ;) Believe it or not, I am writing a novel as well as working on two major overhaul mods (one for CK2, one for HOI3) in my spare time!

The next episode is up!

Episode V: Alliances and Succession
[video=youtube;npYO8_wK2xU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npYO8_wK2xU[/video]

Being a big fan of the series I was a bit sceptical at first when you mentioned your lack of knowledge on the series. I felt it would be boring for you in terms of not knowing the personalities... However I have to say I enjoyed it very much and hope you keep it coming.

As for the presentation style, I really like the fact that you do not jump/zoom too much. A common mistake for most such AAR's.

Keep it up (both the AAR and reading the novels) :)

Being a big fan of the series I was a bit sceptical at first when you mentioned your lack of knowledge on the series. I felt it would be boring for you in terms of not knowing the personalities... However I have to say I enjoyed it very much and hope you keep it coming.

As for the presentation style, I really like the fact that you do not jump/zoom too much. A common mistake for most such AAR's.

Keep it up (both the AAR and reading the novels) :)

Thank you kindly, Daffius. :) I'll try to live up to your expectations on the matter. My playstyle is usually much more erratic to watch with rapid shifts of camera and fast-paced clicking. I deliberately toned it down to make it more viewable as I know that's something that annoys a lot of people in the presentation of the matter.

I'm still having some slight problems with the outro graphics (I have a theory on what's causing it, though, and if I'm right it won't happen again). Still, the next update is up:

Episode 06: Terrick Rebellion
[video=youtube;e2N4JvdDPq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2N4JvdDPq0[/video]

Most interesting. And, I never realised quite how much Westeros looks like a reversed Britain. Dorne being Cornwall and the north being Scotland (of course).

I also never imagined your voice like that. What part of 'Westeros' are you from? Not that I'm good with accents but maybe somewhere slightly north?

Most interesting. And, I never realised quite how much Westeros looks like a reversed Britain. Dorne being Cornwall and the north being Scotland (of course).
You forgot the Free Cities of Ireland.

I always thought Westeros was Europe, with the Reach being France, Dorne Spain, Westerlands England, the North Scotland and the Iron Isles being the Hebrides or Scandinavia.

I also never imagined your voice like that. What part of 'Westeros' are you from? Not that I'm good with accents but maybe somewhere slightly north?

You forgot the Free Cities of Ireland.

I always thought Westeros was Europe, with the Reach being France, Dorne Spain, Westerlands England, the North Scotland and the Iron Isles being the Hebrides or Scandinavia.

I think one can certainly draw correlations between Westeros and modern Europe/Britain. That's only natural given how he's tried to fit certain things in, I think, and it works well from my perspective. Most people don't imagine my voice to be the way it is, and in time with my usual response, sorry to disappoint you with its crumminess. ;P

I'm originally from the US (Pacific Northwest), but I moved here a few years ago with my parents and settled into life in England. Since then my accent has blended into a strange sort of hybrid accent/dialect where usually the British comment on how American I sound and the Americans comment on how British I sound. It's kind of comical.

Next episode should go up tonight.

I'm back in business with another episode! Things were getting a little slow and boring, so I decided to throw Ned Stark's principles to the side a bit and start planning something a little different...

Chapter 07 - A Bold Plan
[video=youtube;RrLfKvHRUw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLfKvHRUw8[/video]

Hopefully you enjoy. :D I've recorded 4 more episodes and plan to update my Youtube account daily for awhile. I'll try to keep recorded ahead of time for now.

Regarding a matter I discuss briefly in the start about starting a new game under the new 0.3 update after House Stark's ambitions have been reached: I wanted a little feedback about who to play but ESPECIALLY what scenario to play. Your deadline on giving any feedback is until I've won the game as House Stark, which is currently ??? (I'm not there yet, spoilers!) It won't take too long, I think, though. If you feel like giving feedback, just mention which scenario (War of the Usurper, Crowned Stag, Greyjoy Rebellion, Clash of Kings) and optionally you could pitch in ideas for lords to play as I'm not actually all that familiar. This isn't a vote per se nor is it a sign of interactivity in this AAR, it's just a chance to help me gather up some ideas for who could be interesting to play as my knowledge of the Game of Thrones universe is still kind of weak. At the end of the day I definitely have the say in who I want to play and what timeline, but if there's a strong consensus in one direction I'm swayable.

I actually would be interested to see you play the greyjoys. Their little islands are pretty weak so it would be a tough game for you but an interesting challenge.
No idea what scenario though. I guess the 'Greyjoy Rebellion' makes the most sense but there might be other ones that are also in interesting situations.

Nice vid BTW. A war with your wife's brother...I'm sure this will make her much happier and repair the damage you caused by having a child with another woman. If only real world women were so easily swayed. :glare:

Last edited:
As a woman I assure you that there's no way we'll ever be so easily swayed in this day and age. ;)

The Greyjoy Rebellion Scenario as the Greyjoys does certainly look interesting, if very hard! It's definitely one I'm going to consider although given that I played one of the Lords Paramount in this one I might look to play a high lord or lord next time.

Meanwhile, the next episode is up!

Episode 08: Rivers of Blood
[video=youtube;uvTMNUhtBK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvTMNUhtBK8[/video]

I know right? I'm motivated by the knowledge that I have to finish this so I can start in the awesome new patch.

I'd love to be able to update daily but right now I'm real busy working on the time-intensive Last Man and Shilling update, which has proven a real headache to complete.

Still, have another episode:

Chapter 09: Marital Favours
[video=youtube;j-Uj90xICug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Uj90xICug][/video]

Damn you Roose *fistshake*.

Best of luck with the last man and shilling update. I've been checking everyday for the next chapter. Happy to hear that you are working on it. Aussie pride is sustaining me through the drought for now but I look forward to the next update.

Little John's just mad jealous of Greatjon's Great Jon. If you know what I mean. ;)

Everyone seems to hate Roose but I'm still trying to figure out why! No Aussie update yet but this thing's finished processing in the background. I'm closing in on being able to write it, though, thankfully. VLPs are so much less effort!

Next chapter is up:

Episode 10: Landed Sons
[video=youtube;mhxrUcxCgtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxrUcxCgtU[/video]

You haven't read the books ;)

I've read A Game of Thrones, just not Clash of Kings. :p

Episode 11 - Gluttony's a Virtue:
[video=youtube;utWDBhBMfIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utWDBhBMfIQ[/video]

I've noticed a disturbing trend in Westeros...

I am unsure about the direction you are going here. Are you basically waiting for Ned and Caitlin to die so you can unite the riverlands and the northlands...then declare independence? Maybe you could just skip it all and move to the new version and pick someone else? I'll admit when you mentioned the wildlings I got excited. It looks challenging enough and if they have some flavour set up in the mod then it could be very fun indeed.