• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Um, what version of CK2 are you using? Its looking for the Indian building models which means you do not have 2.1.4 installed.

I am pretty sure im using 2.1.4 when the launcher comes up and I click check for update it says its up to date, but Ill make sure real quick... nevermind, missed the no longer supporting GG version thing from paradox

Last edited:
Normally I am a HIP man, a fanatic when it comes to representation of correct medieval history. But nevermind that for now. Having been introduced to TES when Morrowind was still brandnew, I think this mod (which I have tried today for the first time) is awesome. Thank you!

What did you do to make it run so quick btw? Never have I ever experienced a faster CKII o_O

BTW still trying to grapple with the new setting. Is it actually worth it starting as a count who is a vassal of a duke who in turn is the vassal of a king? I tried that and it took me ages to get anywhere, which is not really helped by the fact that I could not plot against my liege :(

Normally I am a HIP man, a fanatic when it comes to representation of correct medieval history. But nevermind that for now. Having been introduced to TES when Morrowind was still brandnew, I think this mod (which I have tried today for the first time) is awesome. Thank you!

What did you do to make it run so quick btw? Never have I ever experienced a faster CKII o_O

BTW still trying to grapple with the new setting. Is it actually worth it starting as a count who is a vassal of a duke who in turn is the vassal of a king? I tried that and it took me ages to get anywhere, which is not really helped by the fact that I could not plot against my liege :(

Counts tend to have a slower game here (in most cases), so if you want more action I would suggest Duke-level up

I did a large part of my initial EK modding on an older Core 2 Quad, which made me ruthlessly hunt down anything that caused substantial amounts of lag and reworked it so that it worked more efficiently. Even now I still try to figure out ways to make the mod run faster without impacting gameplay.

As for counts, dukes, etc. It is somewhat deliberate that EK is supposed to be a tad slower, mainly because theres ~1630 years between the first date and end date. Would not be much fun if it was easy to go from count to Emperor of Nirn within the first 100 years.

well done on new version.

question about slavery, as it seems it has been altered? how come raiding doesn't give any monies anymore? :( 0.00 gold every time!
also I don't get the slavery events so after sacking 30 provs+ I still don't get to enslave anyone :(. (yeah I do have slavery switched on)

I'm receiving the same issue.

I'm loving the look of the Mer potraits though...all the cultural names for the Dunmer aren't there o_O the Hortator is called "High King" and the heads of the houses are "dukes"

I'm loving the look of the Mer potraits though...all the cultural names for the Dunmer aren't there o_O the Hortator is called "High King" and the heads of the houses are "dukes"

The High King was just to be more lore-cohesive. For the "dukes", it's a different matter, if you play in Morrowind you'll notice that instead of titles, the great houses are Factions

The High King was just to be more lore-cohesive. For the "dukes", it's a different matter, if you play in Morrowind you'll notice that instead of titles, the great houses are Factions

I know the whole deal about the great houses. So what, do the heads of the houses have special traits or titles for their positions? Cause like the title is "duke of" whatever great house controls that area which makes little sense because the dukes weren't the head of the houses. The Duke of Mournhold wasn't the head of Indoril and the Duke of Ebonheart wasn't the head of Hlaalu.

Also having land, a city/town/village, plantation or a stronghold all mattered to the houses and each one had the right to grant a piece of land to members who reached a certain rank, they just had to get the rights to build on the land they owned in Vvardenfell by the Duke due to not only the fact that Vvardenfell was a frontier but also because of the three great houses there constantly trying to get at the newly available land. It's probably not required to get construction rights in the districts of the great houses.

If you read the council books of Morrowind you'll see that each councilor has a landed title, they rule over a certain piece of land or over a settlement. It was even required in the game Morrowind that we'd need to have a stronghold to advance to the title of councilor. The only use the title "duke" has is purely admistrative and for the purpose of being the head of the grand council which would explain the duke of Ebonheart in Morrowind and the duke of Mournhold (Mournhold is probably where the council of the mainland meet) from the last year of the first era.

Last edited:
Everytime it autosaves (every new year) it crashes, this is what I found in the logs

[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/models/indian_attachments_diff.tga.
[emfxactortype.cpp:630]: Bad texture: gfx/models/indian_attachments_diff.tga in EMFX actor file gfx/models/indian_bow.xac
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/models/indian_attachments_spec.tga.
[emfxactortype.cpp:630]: Bad texture: gfx/models/indian_attachments_spec.tga in EMFX actor file gfx/models/indian_bow.xac
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/traits/spells/spell_fortify_favour.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:370]: Error initialising texture: gfx/traits/spells/spell_fortify_favour.tga for spritetype GFX_trait_spell_fortify_favour_3
[spritetype.cpp:378]: Texture gfx\\interface\\minimap_area.tga have forbidden compression, have you tried DXT3?
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//characters//tangmo_male//tangmo_male_beard_1.dds.
[spritetype.cpp:370]: Error initialising texture: gfx//characters//tangmo_male//tangmo_male_beard_1.dds for spritetype GFX_tangmo_male_beard

I have the newest version of both elder kings and ck2
My system specs are windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) Processor: Intel quad core q6600 2.4 ghz Vidcard: nvidia gefore 315 512 mb
I used the zip archive
I dont own Rajas of India and I dont own all the portraits

Everytime it autosaves (every new year) it crashes, this is what I found in the logs

[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/models/indian_attachments_diff.tga.
[emfxactortype.cpp:630]: Bad texture: gfx/models/indian_attachments_diff.tga in EMFX actor file gfx/models/indian_bow.xac
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/models/indian_attachments_spec.tga.
[emfxactortype.cpp:630]: Bad texture: gfx/models/indian_attachments_spec.tga in EMFX actor file gfx/models/indian_bow.xac
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/traits/spells/spell_fortify_favour.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:370]: Error initialising texture: gfx/traits/spells/spell_fortify_favour.tga for spritetype GFX_trait_spell_fortify_favour_3
[spritetype.cpp:378]: Texture gfx\\interface\\minimap_area.tga have forbidden compression, have you tried DXT3?
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//characters//tangmo_male//tangmo_male_beard_1.dds.
[spritetype.cpp:370]: Error initialising texture: gfx//characters//tangmo_male//tangmo_male_beard_1.dds for spritetype GFX_tangmo_male_beard

I have the newest version of both elder kings and ck2
My system specs are windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) Processor: Intel quad core q6600 2.4 ghz Vidcard: nvidia gefore 315 512 mb
I used the zip archive
I dont own Rajas of India and I dont own all the portraits

What checksum are you getting when you first start the game? Even if you don't own RoI, I think the files have still been included in the 2.1.x series of patches, because the Indian subcontinent is still on the map.

They're epic! ^^ I really dig that you included the Falmer! A big surprise considering I didn't expect them.
I did notice a bug though.
If you mate a Chimer and a Dunmer, it either produces a Dunmer, or an Impure Altmer with Chimer culture.