• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

moxs602

Major
3 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
The Road to Doom's Day 1936-1999 is now ready for download.

About Five year ago i found myself playing HSR for Hoi2 into the 1960's and '70's game time. While i enjoyed the long games, the lack of tech and events ending in 1948 meant something was lacking with the whole thing.

So i started to extend the time line and tech as a hobby.

Things had to redone and redone again as new versions of Hoi2 came out as new versions of HSR were also developed. I also started to add other elements - the naval Beta, and various nation improvement packages. When HSR development took a hiatus the excellent Compendium Mod filled the gap. So now this mod uses the Compendium Mod a a foundation, with the Naval beta, HSR and the HSR Add-on strongly present along with various other sources.

This is a quick highlight summation:

New Oil Exploration Tech and Events
While Oil was important in WW2 it really did not start to become a dominant economic and energy source until after the war, when it began to increase exponentially in quantity and importance. Provinces now have oil reserves to 2006 levels. Oil Exploration tech allows for a portion of those reserves to be 'discovered' and put into production. As the tech level increases the proportion of discovered reserves increases. I think this will have a huge impact on the game.

Resources events
Compendium Style Resources have been extended to 2006

IC and Production
IC is based upon GDP adjusted for inflation to 1990 levels and then listed in 1939 value.
This allows for economic growth and unit costs over a 65 year period on one economic scale.
In 1936 production will seem to be inexpensive and take longer.
Enjoy it while you can as advanced technology will drive up the IC exponentially.

Graphics
Model files are fully filled out.
There are icons and pics for the majors and some minors.
There will be more nation pics and icons, along with event and tech pics done to match 1.3. Updates will be coming in the next few weeks.

Full Tech Tree 1936-1999
All tech and Model trees are maxed out.
There are some new and interesting techs

Destroyers and Frigates - there are 22 Destroyer models. Even numbered models are Destroyers, odd numbered are Frigates. They have separate Tech trees.

Naval Patrol Aircraft
Naval bombers and ASW and Recon - 20 models.

MTB's/Fast Attack Craft

Land and Naval Minefields

300+ CAGs Nation Specific

Modern Diesel and Nuclear Submarines

Radars - From Home Chain Radar to Modern Arrays, powerful and influences many other Tech.

Machine Tools and Computers now are required for most tech advances.
ie a 1960 Jet will require 1960 machine tools and 1960 computers. ( higher machine tolerances for complex machines computer aided design, limited computer operation and controls etc.)

Airships
Missile Tech Tree and Missile Attachment Tech Trees
Attack and Transport Helicopter Brigades
Modern Air Land and Naval Combat Doctrines
Modern Transports
Assault Giuns
AC Gunships
Unmanned Aircraft
Point AA and Manpads
ASW AEW EW Tech
Nuclear Power Plants
Chem and Bio War

For more information and previous thread history see
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11482081

Download RDD V1.3.5 at-

http://www.filefront.com/user/moxs602

There is also a new Install steps: RDD 1.3.5 Install steps.txt file

Install steps: RDD 1.3.5

1) Clean version of HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon 1.3b2 + hotfix + Added ( keep a master backup of this )

2) MANUALLY delete CONTENTS of C:\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\gfx

3) MANUALLY copy contents of GFX_RDD_V1.3.5.rar (open with 7zip)
into C:\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\gfx

4) MANUALLY copy contents of GFX_INT_RDD_V1.3.5.rar (open with 7zip)
into C:\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\gfx

5) MANUALLY copy contents of RDD_V 1.3.5.rar (open with 7zip)
into C:\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\

6) Run Compendium batch file

7) Run NTL_1.3b2.exe, No time limit patch

If you are doing a fresh install you need to start at Step 1.

**If you are upgrading to V 1.3.5 start at Step 2

you no longer need compendium dl

but you do sill need compendium.bat

which you can dl on

http://www.filefront.com/user/moxs602

Moxs602

Last edited:
A little feedback

Hi all I have some feedback for you about this version of the mod. The countries that I have found to be most playable so far are Germany, USA, USSR, Japan and Nationalist China. UK, France and Italy have some problems. France is almost there. UK seems to give me crazy tons of Dows. By the middle of January 1936 UK was at war with US, France, Germany and a bunch of minors. Just about everyone was at war with somebody. I may have some problems with my downloaded files. So please let us know how it goes with you. Italy did not look to bad and then they got a few of the crazy Dows.
Take care,
d :D

Hi all I have some feedback for you about this version of the mod. The countries that I have found to be most playable so far are Germany, USA, USSR, Japan and Nationalist China. UK, France and Italy have some problems. France is almost there. UK seems to give me crazy tons of Dows. By the middle of January 1936 UK was at war with US, France, Germany and a bunch of minors. Just about everyone was at war with somebody. I may have some problems with my downloaded files. So please let us know how it goes with you. Italy did not look to bad and then they got a few of the crazy Dows.
Take care,

Hi again, I had a bad copy of 1.32beta, things are much better now. More later.
d :confused:

Howdy,

game looks great - especially the new tech tree and tech teams. Looking forward to having a go at some of them :D

Done three separate installs, get the checksum VWLP on all of them. Have tried five 'trial' games, four as USSR, one as USA.

- have got the 'billions of spies' mentioned by swampfox in this post :

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10473499&postcount=55

- all games have crashed within first 6 months. Swampfox mentions two extra files in the above post that might fix the CTDs so am chasing them down.

- USSR starts with IC of 417 available / 1017 base - this jumps to 1200+/1017 after the first five year plan event in mid january '36.

- majors get enormous amounts of raw materials - USSR was getting between 1,000 (rares) and 6,500 (energy) a day, while USA was getting 13,500 energy and 800 $ a day.

Thanks for the feed back. I will post install packages for those 2 files for dl.

The i made an error on the 5 year plan, will tweek that and panama canal event.

Expect a hotfix sometime tomorrow

No problem, Moxs602.

I tried parches hoi2dd with the two extra files and game ran through to august before CTD. Also download your version of NTL_1.3b2.zip and noticed it was a later version than mine so I'll give that a go too :)

USSR starts with the tech Advanced light tank '45 (id 2060) - USA starts with Advanced Close Air Support '43 (id 4190)

well you if you can install up to arm 1.2 and make a backup.
you need compendium 1.1 then do your 1.32 and 1. 1.3hotfix. then RDD gfx and RDD files etc as per the instuctions

I am working on a simpler install but that will be RDD V1.4 or 1.5

Sorry
Mox602

Update

To All
Sorry for the delay, real life as gotten busy. I am workin on V 1.31. Have a few more glitches to track down. Will Post and or upload tomorrow i hope. Need some sleep first.

@JRHINDO Thanks i have been using V0.74 of the validator but will try v0.8

@rwglaub Sorry, but the mod is just not developed enough at this point. You do not have to uninstall anything. You just have to install an ADDITIONAL Armageddon 1.2 once and go from there. If that is not something you want to do all i can suggest is to wait until the mod support a self-extracting self-contained version. As you have said.

Little update

Hi all Moxs asked me to put a little note in here on progress. He is working away on fixing some little problems. He hopes to have an update soon, maybe Monday night. I think we are lucky to have someone working so hard on this mod. I am convinced that it will be a truly great mod. I have been playing HOI mods for years so I have a good idea of what I am talking about.
Take care,

Little update

Hi all Moxs asked me to put a little note in here on progress. He is working away on fixing some little problems. He hopes to have an update soon, maybe Monday night. I think we are lucky to have someone working so hard on this mod. I am convinced that it will be a truly great mod. I have been playing HOI mods for years so I have a good idea of what I am talking about.
Take care,

Good - reason my time has tightened up is my daughter's hospitalized in one city, I work in another. I spend weekends where she is, weeks at home. If real life interferes, it has to take priority.

Great, but there are too many steps to install. it took me almost 40 minutes. can you put all the files ot together and lets us download that? i mean they will be overwritten so, what can happen if you put it in one file?

Great, but there are too many steps to install. it took me almost 40 minutes. can you put all the files ot together and lets us download that? i mean they will be overwritten so, what can happen if you put it in one file?
If you want shortcuts for mods then you are not a true modder :rolleyes:

Aint THAT complicated.

Good - reason my time has tightened up is my daughter's hospitalized in one city, I work in another. I spend weekends where she is, weeks at home. If real life interferes, it has to take priority.

C0d hey buddy dont worry about us, You take care of real life. That is what is important, this is just fun. My best wishes for you and yours.
Take care,
d:cool:

If you want shortcuts for mods then you are not a true modder :rolleyes:

Aint THAT complicated.

Disagree. Ten steps to install a mod really is excessively complicated. When I get home I'll try to build a package that'll work with JGSME on a clean Arma 1.3b2 install, but that'll be a couple days.