• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 28, 2005
Ok, I'm getting odd crashes when trying to convert my Jodhpur game over. I had no problems with the old converter trying to do it, then I upgraded and now it crashes whenever I try to run the game in Victoria that I converted. I can still convert games from my Ottoman game over just fine, and in the old converter it worked fine. Why is it not working now?

Pikeman85 said:
Ok, I'm getting odd crashes when trying to convert my Jodhpur game over. I had no problems with the old converter trying to do it, then I upgraded and now it crashes whenever I try to run the game in Victoria that I converted. I can still convert games from my Ottoman game over just fine, and in the old converter it worked fine. Why is it not working now?

Ok, if I understand you correctly the converter crashes randomly when you are trying to convert your game? If that is the case the converter should give you an error message indicating the error. And also if the converer crashes randomly when converting the same game, my guess is that the .eug file is altered between conversions. Are you converting from a modded EU2 game?

Then, sometimes your game is converted and you are able to load it in Victoria and you get CTDs there? Again are you converting from a modded EU2 file? Or, are you converting to a modded version of Victoria?

Which version of Victoria are you running the game on? Have you altered any of the converter files? Does the global data for the converter load without any errors? Does Victoria load without any errors?

Cheers
Monty

I am running it on 1.03C.

Victoria loads fine, my EU2 game is not altered at all, and another game from the same version works just fine. I transferred an Ottoman game, no problems. However whenever I try to transfer my Jodhpur game, I get a CTD whenever I load it up in Victoria.

The only thing that I have modded is that I copied the political parties from VIP into the normal Victoria party directory. Would that do it?

I also tried converting a Jodhpur game from 1640 (my normal one is from 1819), and it worked just fine. However an 1805 one did not work.

Have no idea what is causing it though. I didn't mess with any of the files before the initial conversion.

I did switch changing the Incan Empire to Peru rather than Bolivia, but that was AFTER it was already crashing.

Additional information...

I tested several save games of the Jodhpur game. Whatever is causing it to crash happened between 1747 and 1770 (a large portion of years, unfortunately) as my 1747 game converts fine, but my 1770 game, and every game after that period crashes.

Unfortunately I don't have any other saves between 1747-1770 to test, as I didn't save at all during that period.

After having had the same problem I checked my produced *.eug file.

In my case it was a revolted Korea tha caused the problems since it revolted in a territory that didn't exist in Victoria. even when it took more provinces didn't it work, probably because its capital was in a province that didn't exist. It worked after I took away Korea in the .eug file.