• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 28, 2005
Road to Power

This is the new version of Road to Power. Included are:

1) A full system of tech group advancement and regression for EU2, as far as seems realistic

2) Fully detailed realistic conversion sequences, fully functional, but to be fleshed out later

3) One fantasy event contained in a seperate file (in case you don't want to use it) about how Native Americans could convert to far eastern religions/philosophies. To be fleshed out further.

This would be 1.0 except for an error that the mod gives at the beginning of a scenario. It seems to have absolutely no effect on the mod working perfectly. If worried about it, just don't use the fantasy events nor the conversion sequences. Tech group changing works fine with absolutely no trouble. When conversion is fixed I imagine I'll release 1.0, though I'll probably write additional events and release 1.2 or so.

Have fun!

NOTE: NEWEST VERSION AT BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD

Last edited:
Version 1.1 avaliable now:

This thread includes a thorough discussion on the mod and what was added. Simply to say, it is much superior to .99b and removes that annoying error message, as well as adding several new events!

The thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256138

Also, I would formally like to request a moderator to change the name of this thread to Road to Power, without a version number next to it as I would like this to be my one and only ROP thread.

The new mod is 1.1 and avaliable here

Last edited:
New version avaliable! Version 1.3

While this isn't necessarily the final version, I consider it a largely finished product. My main intent when embarking on the update is complete: Namely, that exotic pagan nations, particularly those in America are now playable, and with effort can be competitive. While balancing changes will certainly be made, and I'll likely make events for sub-Saharan Africa, south east Asia, and the Muslim world, the mod is basically complete.

Anyone wanting to try the mod and give me advice, feel free, and I'll be quite happy. I've included a particularly long event chain which I spent several hours debugging and making sure it worked correctly, but any typos, bug reports, please send to me!

Also check this thread for discussion and update information:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256138

Attachments

• Road to Power 1.3.rar
    12,2 KB · Views: 276