• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone explain how to arrange marriages exactly? I choose another clan leader, go to diplomacy window, offer marriage, then try to change portraits to marry off my son to one of his daughters. I see portraits of daughters but when I clik I can't choose them, despite they're adult, not cousins ect. There is no toolip or other explanation why I can't marry them to my son. But hey, I may clik and choose a portrait of a male clan leader himself... WTF? If I want to arrange marriage for my son why do I even see male characters in window with possible candidates for marriage?
Children are frequently hostages, so when arranging a betrothal use the marriage button and the bride rooster. Also if a char is old and you want to betroth them to a child you cannot.

How do you convince the AI that it's lost the war without wiping it off the map? I don't particularly want their remaining territories, but they don't want peace. 6 provinces to 22, I don't think they'll be winning the war...

Can someone explain how to arrange marriages exactly? I choose another clan leader, go to diplomacy window, offer marriage, then try to change portraits to marry off my son to one of his daughters. I see portraits of daughters but when I clik I can't choose them, despite they're adult, not cousins ect. There is no toolip or other explanation why I can't marry them to my son. But hey, I may clik and choose a portrait of a male clan leader himself... WTF? If I want to arrange marriage for my son why do I even see male characters in window with possible candidates for marriage?

Unless you want to marry into a specific clan it is far easier to just select your heir's character screen and hit the marriage button there to see a list of possible brides.

Doing it via the diplo screen also shows males because you may have female court/family members you want to marry off.

Can't upgrade Castle and Village at the same time in the same kori?

Nope.

How can I see which troops of my retinue are my house troops and which are hired ronin? I keep disbanding the wrong units, if I try to save some money.

Which do you want to disband? When you have an army selected you have a disband unit and disband levies button, the former disbands everything while the latter only disbands levies, leaving your retinue in the field. If you want to disband retinue units, there are minus buttons on the military screen for each unit type.

How do you convince the AI that it's lost the war without wiping it off the map? I don't particularly want their remaining territories, but they don't want peace. 6 provinces to 22, I don't think they'll be winning the war...

There's no need for peace. Unlike EU3, you don't need a peace settlement to annex new territory. All conquered territory is automatically yours. Plus I don't think you actually get any war exhaustion in this game.

Nope.

Which do you want to disband? When you have an army selected you have a disband unit and disband levies button, the former disbands everything while the latter only disbands levies, leaving your retinue in the field. If you want to disband retinue units, there are minus buttons on the military screen for each unit type.

I think both buttons are called disband levies atm, was surprised when i disbanded my retinue by accident.

If I get the game now on GG, would I be able to play with friends who get it from Steam when the game arrives there? Or will there be some checksum issues?

Couple of questions.

1. What does Make chief negotiator and demand negotiation rights do and how would one use them?
2. As a clan leader of Shoni I nominate of one my sons as a heir (btw does computer use this because I have never seen the BIG +50 relations for being nominated on any other character). All my vassals have nominated my other son as an heir. The son that I have nominated gets the big fat +50 relations with me for being chosen successor, but my opinion of him list -25 relations for "backs a pretender". I really have no clue what it means. So the guy that I have nominated backs his brother still or what?

I'm playing the demo version if it makes any difference.

Couple of questions.

1. What does Make chief negotiator and demand negotiation rights do and how would one use them?
2. As a clan leader of Shoni I nominate of one my sons as a heir (btw does computer use this because I have never seen the BIG +50 relations for being nominated on any other character). All my vassals have nominated my other son as an heir. The son that I have nominated gets the big fat +50 relations with me for being chosen successor, but my opinion of him list -25 relations for "backs a pretender". I really have no clue what it means. So the guy that I have nominated backs his brother still or what?

I'm playing the demo version if it makes any difference.
A quick way to find out would be to hover over the Pretender, it will list the people who back him. If his nominated brother is on that list then yes, that is what it means. I assume that is what it is, although it sounds wierd, maybe he's got stage fright?

As for the negotiation rights, haven't tried it but I assume it is for peace terms. I.e. you let someone else dictate your surrender/victory conditions, or you demand that someone else let you dictate theirs. You'd use it when you want to vassalize clans and such, no clue why you'd do that when you can straight out conquer errythang though. Especially since the A.I never agrees to peace terms anyways.

A quick way to find out would be to hover over the Pretender, it will list the people who back him. If his nominated brother is on that list then yes, that is what it means. I assume that is what it is, although it sounds wierd, maybe he's got stage fright?

This feature does not seems to work properly. I gave my son the title kokujin of yabu and nominated him. I then mouse over him in the title view and see that me, 3 other of my vassals and he himself have him nominated.
Still my relations with him is plagued by that -25 relations hit for backing up the pretender. Also my other son who is nominated by only one of my vassals is still listed as the heir to the clan of shoni.

How do I, as a Kokujin, aquire more Kori (Provinces), in order to petition the Clan Leader for the Daimyo title?

Edit: I jumped the gun, the titles are bestowed from higher ups. :happy:

Last edited:
This feature does not seems to work properly. I gave my son the title kokujin of yabu and nominated him. I then mouse over him in the title view and see that me, 3 other of my vassals and he himself have him nominated.
Still my relations with him is plagued by that -25 relations hit for backing up the pretender. Also my other son who is nominated by only one of my vassals is still listed as the heir to the clan of shoni.
Well it's either something odd that hasn't happened to me, or something I simply don't understand. Maybe he just ain't want be like a boss.

Ok I just did some clicking in the title view changing my nomination between my two sons and it seems that I have to click twice the same character for nomination before the system "understands" whats going on.

There is something funky going on with this, but I'm sure the developers fix it at some point.