• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's it that's really new. Romania was introduced in a patch to HttT, so might be new to you. Check the wiki for the full list.

Could anybody who is not using modded game please confirm if choosing Russia in 1789(French Revolution Campaign) will cause Divine Wine to crash to desktop? I really woould like to know if it is my mod problem or common issue hopefully without going through whole installation process.

Is the slider changes and random events the only way to get the Temple Faction in power in Ming? I'm trying to get the Religious Unity achievement and I have the missionaries but so far cannot get the temple faction in power due to the slider change once every 10 years. Does anyone know how to make this faster?

Also, any idea what would cause my troop maintenance costs to rise from .36 a calv -> .52 without any change in government. My war exhaustion is 1.7 and my inflation is 13. I am not over troop limit either.

I *think* that, when your forces are depleted from attrition or combat, this reduces your maintenance costs proportionally. So if your forces were reduced to roughly 70% of full strength when the maintenance cost was 0.36, that would account for the change.

Per cavalry unit? Are you saying that you can break down your maintenance costs by unit type?

How do you inherit a country from a PU in HTTT? Is it purely a matter of chance, or do relations, or prestige, or something affect your chances?

Is hovering the mouse over your minor partner's monarch to see what will happen upon his death accurate? I sometimes see it say I will inherit them, and then check again a few minutes later (when seemingly nothing has changed) only to see it say the PU will continue.

Could anybody who is not using modded game please confirm if choosing Russia in 1789(French Revolution Campaign) will cause Divine Wine to crash to desktop? I really woould like to know if it is my mod problem or common issue hopefully without going through whole installation process.

causes mine to crash.

Is the slider changes and random events the only way to get the Temple Faction in power in Ming? I'm trying to get the Religious Unity achievement and I have the missionaries but so far cannot get the temple faction in power due to the slider change once every 10 years. Does anyone know how to make this faster?

yep that's the only way

I *think* that, when your forces are depleted from attrition or combat, this reduces your maintenance costs proportionally. So if your forces were reduced to roughly 70% of full strength when the maintenance cost was 0.36, that would account for the change.

yep

How do you inherit a country from a PU in HTTT? Is it purely a matter of chance, or do relations, or prestige, or something affect your chances?

Is hovering the mouse over your minor partner's monarch to see what will happen upon his death accurate? I sometimes see it say I will inherit them, and then check again a few minutes later (when seemingly nothing has changed) only to see it say the PU will continue.

so long as relations are above 0 it is pure chance. yes I believe the tooltip is accurate. ie if your monarch dies whilst it says inheritance you will inherit... it is normal for it to switch back and forth without any reason.

How do I increase production efficiency? Mine is currently at 67% and I would like to get it to 100%. Is it somewhat like tarrifs where the more ships you have the higher efficiency?

How do I increase production efficiency? Mine is currently at 67% and I would like to get it to 100%. Is it somewhat like tarrifs where the more ships you have the higher efficiency?

You get 1 or 2% for every level of production tech. There's also a few decisions that raise the value, the NI Smithsonian Economics and converting to protestantism.

Its me, my bad luck or the Papal State dont get any Conquest mision or cores in other territories with events? I just got cores with "annex your vasasl mision". And with HRE in there is a problem :p

CHeck centralization. I think that it gives more % in taxes and more prodution efficiency. Also with trade agreements with CoT countries you get 66% efficiency in the provincies that have that good or resource.

Yep, +15%

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Centralization#Centralization_vs._Decentralization

Also buildings helps, MORE in DW.

Question about Tariffs. I've got 5 gold provinces showing about 30 each in the Tariffs line when I click on this provinces. That would mean I'm getting 150 in tariffs each year just from them. I have 26 other provinces on top of those.

However in my ledger I'm only getting 152 in tariffs each year (showing up at about 12.5 in my monthly budget).

They're not blockaded and I have a big enough fleet, all my provinces are cities. Can someone please explain the mechanics behind Tariffs and why I'm not earning a lot more monthly?

These gold provinces don't seem to be generating any inflation either and I thought they were meant to (not complaining there)

These gold provinces don't seem to be generating any inflation either and I thought they were meant to (not complaining there)

It depends on your total income. If the relative income from your gold provinces is low enough, you don't get inflation from it.

From the Wiki:
"Gold: Income that comes from gold causes inflation when gold income is greater than 40% of trade, taxation, gold, and production income combined. Vassal, toll, harbor fee, tariff, census tax, and other income are not included in this calculation."

I'm a bit confused about PUs and how they are handled... I am playing as Castille and I PU'd Aragon, so far so good. Then Luck struck and I PU'd France. Here's my confusion:

France has a much larger military than I do (49k vs. my 30k) but they are not insulting me or anything (Relation a +79 and rising). I'm happy about this but I never expected nor truly wanted the PU to hold since it would remove all challenge and frankly France has still not absorbed it vassals so it would be a bigger hassle overall.

Anyway am I missing something? What determine if a country stays or not in a PU?

A country without "Quest for the New World" national idea took over a South American province that's out of it's colonial range. How?
Colonial range only affects which provinces you can establish new colonies in. You can still invade and conquer provinces from other countries anywhere on the map as long as you can see them.