• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a game file I can look at to see when units become available? The wiki is wrong for the version I'm playing.

Also, in EU3 Complete, is there a maximum nation size for annexing in a Peace deal?

Also, in EU3 Complete, is there a maximum nation size for annexing in a Peace deal?

In IN it's 1 for non-pagan countries.

Also, at least in EU3 Complete, there are some bad events that can pop up. With Innovation left of the red line, one of your cities can suffer drastic penalties for 10 years or you can shift your slider right one.

Those events are just because your sliders are at extremes. It has nothing to do with where the red bar is.

Is there a game file I can look at to see when units become available? The wiki is wrong for the version I'm playing.

EU3/common/technologies/landtechnology.txt

does the game cheat?

Ok so I win a battle, and beat the enemy to the prov they are retreating too. I have twice as many people and regiment, their morale is 0. The end of the month doesn't arrive while they are retreating.

So what happens? nothing, they immediately turn round and march to another prov, no losses...

same thing happens to me and my entire 10k strong army is destoryed by 1000 cav, and they even arrived in the prov after i did. the battle box didn't even open... Idea's please?

does the game cheat?

Ok so I win a battle, and beat the enemy to the prov they are retreating too. I have twice as many people and regiment, their morale is 0. The end of the month doesn't arrive while they are retreating.

So what happens? nothing, they immediately turn round and march to another prov, no losses...

Are you still at war? Do you have the latest beta patch?

same thing happens to me and my entire 10k strong army is destoryed by 1000 cav, and they even arrived in the prov after i did. the battle box didn't even open... Idea's please?

This is a known bug that should've been fixed in the beta patches. Do you have them?

Are you still at war? Do you have the latest beta patch?
Nope and i'm fully uptodate on steam.

This is a known bug that should've been fixed in the beta patches. Do you have them?

I'm on steam, so we (I multiplay with a less tech savy friend) can't use beta patches or do I HAVE to copy the whole directory out side of steam and patch that to play? And then talk him through it all too?

If they do let the 4.1b beta patch become the last patch for HTTT will they make it offical so steam will introduce it?

Nope and i'm fully uptodate on steam.

I'm on steam, so we (I multiplay with a less tech savy friend) can't use beta patches or do I HAVE to copy the whole directory out side of steam and patch that to play? And then talk him through it all too?

If they do let the 4.1b beta patch become the last patch for HTTT will they make it offical so steam will introduce it?

Oh!

You're on Heir to the Throne. Sorry. I saw all your icons and assumed you'd be up to DW by now.

First, I don't know if the AI is capable of it, but until the latest 5.1 beta patch, you can retreat more than one province and be invulnerable to attack until you reach that province. Just do it by clicking a province a ways away from the battle to start the retreat. This may be related to what you're seeing, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, being annihilated by a smaller army when you're both out of morale is a well known bug, and I'm not even sure if it is fixed yet. Just make sure you have a month turn so you won't both be on 0 morale at the start of a battle and you'll be fine.

Great thread, cant believe I read the whole 75 pages, but learnt so much!

I am Byzantines, am an empire, the option to go to Noble republic is there, but is greyed out. It says you can not choose thing government form from Empire. I looked at the chart linked earlier in the thread, and it says you can from empire, I also remember doing it on a BG game.

I tried switching in and out of a few governement forms, but no luck.

Am I missing something?

Great thread, cant believe I read the whole 75 pages, but learnt so much!

I am Byzantines, am an empire, the option to go to Noble republic is there, but is greyed out. It says you can not choose thing government form from Empire. I looked at the chart linked earlier in the thread, and it says you can from empire, I also remember doing it on a BG game.

I tried switching in and out of a few governement forms, but no luck.

Am I missing something?

I'd be willing to bet you're leading a PU with someone. Noble Republics can't have PUs, so it won't let you switch to it as long as you have a PU.

Are there diplomatic modifiers wrt religion? As Persia, is it better for me to find allies in other Muslim nations?

Hmm. It is easier to find allies with other Muslim nations but most especially Shia nations as you get a negative modifier with relations towards non-shia and then non-muslim nations.

In EU3 Complete: How can one cancel a Warning from another nation other than declaring war on someone?

Has the option to ask an Ally to join a current war ever been implemented?

Where can I find my screenshots/map pictures with DW?

I really hope it isn't as simple as a 'screenshots' folder as I don't seem to have one per a Windows search.

It really is as simple as the "screenshots" folder, assuming you didn't make the all to common mistake of installing anything into your program files folder if you have Vista or 7.

What to do: Just cut your entire game from the program files folder and paste it somewhere else. I have a C:\Users\Yoshi\Games folder I put all games into.

Now your problem is solved and all future maps and screenies will be placed into the "screenshots" folder.

However, you have to go somewhere else to find the ones you already took. C:\Users\Appdata\local\ should be the folder your EU3 saves and screenies will be in. It may be "roaming", but I think it is "local". Now in there, it should also just be in a EU3\screenshots\ folder.