• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Condeding defeat gives -5 prestige but also -20 legitimacy.
I mentioned that I want to avoid negative side effect which getting zero legitimacy definitely is because it lowers the infamy limit and it don't want to get into BB wars.
Another problem is that it's to slow. I start with 100 prestige to get i down to zero I would have to declare 20 wars (or slightly less if the countries have allies) and then concede defeat factoring in my yearly prestige increase I would have to use 40 diplomats. I currently get 10 diplomats a year so this strategy would take 4 years.
I could use this strategy to keep the prestige below zero but the negative effects would still be present.
What I need is a faster way to lower prestige and without significant negative side effects.

Condeding defeat gives -5 prestige but also -20 legitimacy.
I mentioned that I want to avoid negative side effect which getting zero legitimacy definitely is because it lowers the infamy limit and it don't want to get into BB wars.
Another problem is that it's to slow. I start with 100 prestige to get i down to zero I would have to declare 20 wars (or slightly less if the countries have allies) and then concede defeat factoring in my yearly prestige increase I would have to use 40 diplomats. I currently get 10 diplomats a year so this strategy would take 4 years.
I could use this strategy to keep the prestige below zero but the negative effects would still be present.
What I need is a faster way to lower prestige and without significant negative side effects.

Opening the save file and manually editing your prestige down is the only idea I can come up with.

Ruler's Lifespan?

here are three factors I found.

1. Rulers with high attribute die quicker.

2. whenever the same savegame is loaded repeately, Monarch's chance to die goes up. (wth)

3. Death date is not random. it is fixated on a savefile so eiditing define.txt's value won't affect existing savefile.

and questions!

1. any way to roll back to 'Historical Leader' option that exited in original? My historical kings dying way too quickly due to their high attribute (like Napoleon) is so frustrating.

2. any suggestions to maximize the chance of my mornarch's lifespan? Currently I'm using a savefile editing method suggested by OrangeYoshi, but it seems like if your monarch died at age 19 than even with edited age he will die again in 3 years. I don't play 9-9-9 kings so usual lifespan is longer but when I load savefiles often their lifespan is notably shortened. (weird feature.) Editing define.txt's death chance to 0 (or even below 0) doesn't help much.

thank you.

EU3: Complete. I'm playing a game where Muscovy got swamped by the GHorde, leaving only the Moskva province (with 17 - 21k soldiers on it) surrounded by the Horde - or they were until rebels conquered everything and re-formed an enormous Tver. Muscovy goes bankrupt every few years, at least 6 times in succession, yet it never goes below Stab 0. Now, I understand that there are 'penalties' to going bankrupt; your advisors leave and your army's morale is crap. Yet these penalties can't be so bad since AI Muscovy is still around.

In a nutshell, what gives? Does the AI stab not go below 0?
Are bankrupcy penalties more severe in HttT and DW?

In a nutshell, what gives? Does the AI stab not go below 0?
Are bankrupcy penalties more severe in HttT and DW?

Either going bankrupt resets your stab to 0, or their stab costs are so small that they regain stab very very quickly. AI will certainly go below 0 stab, and the bankruptcy penalties are quite severe no matter your expansion pack.

In HTTT, does minting increase the price of buildings and manufactories even when you're not generating inflation?

No.

Hmm, most peculiar, even if most fortunate thing just happened to me...
As Muslim Najd embroiled in war with Austria and owning most of Italy, Acquilera(OPM) declared HolyWar on me - being freed by France and still allied with them.
Shortly after, France joined in but Acquilera still remained a War leader, so i was able to sign White Peace soon after...
My question: how so? Can war leader change only on defensive side?
or am i just too tired and forgeting stuff?

Doh, according to savefile france even got 9/9/9 monarch?! that damn franchies bastards!!! :) and im one lucky guy to WP with them at thisp oint..

I am a new player and I am at peace (Austria) and pretty much the only nation at peace in the HRE. My focus is on trade at the moment which is basically sending out merchants when I can. My mission is to become the HRE but I can't do much about that atm as the slot won't be available for a while and due to bohemia getting involved in a few wars most nations are at 200 with them. I don't want to be HRE either, my first game was as Bohemia and I quit as I couldn't handle the wars I was drawn into.

I have my economy tapped at -0.2 a month and have 3 advisors giving tech boosts. I have accumulated quite a bit of wealth through my situation and also the census I am allowed to do once a year on one province.

I was wondering what else you should do in peacetime? one option I suppose it just to rank up the gamespeed (I am on 2) and wait until something happens or war looms but I am thinking I maybe missing out on certain aspects of the game.

I was wondering what else you should do in peacetime? one option I suppose it just to rank up the gamespeed (I am on 2) and wait until something happens or war looms but I am thinking I maybe missing out on certain aspects of the game.

Do go ahead and put the gamespeed up. Peace is generally... peaceful... You could send out a lot of RM offers which could give you PUs or perhaps a chance to claim someone's throne and enforce a PU through war.

Do go ahead and put the gamespeed up. Peace is generally... peaceful... You could send out a lot of RM offers which could give you PUs or perhaps a chance to claim someone's throne and enforce a PU through war.

I am already married with about 14 countries :) although some have disputed thrones which could lead to something. I will click the speed up then, I just wasn't sure if there was something else culturally or diplomatically I could be doing to help my country progress. I guess that requires tech advancements though which won't happen for 15 years.

I am already married with about 14 countries :) although some have disputed thrones which could lead to something.

*nods*

Hit "Claim Throne" in the diplomacy window then defeat them and PU them in a war. It lowers reltions with other nations you have an RM with, but you can just gift the ones you can't claim back up in relations after you're done DOWing.

I just wasn't sure if there was something else culturally or diplomatically I could be doing to help my country progress. I guess that requires tech advancements though which won't happen for 15 years.

There isn't much... no.

I just wasn't sure if there was something else culturally or diplomatically I could be doing to help my country progress. I guess that requires tech advancements though which won't happen for 15 years.
Most of the things you can do in peacetime need money. I generally put the game speed up to maximum, then pause each December to check the situation and spend any ducats left in my treasury on things like buildings or more troops. You can target a country you want to improve relations with and send them gifts (needs money again) or try to get military access through as many countries as possible - you'll never know when you might suddenly need it if a surprise war breaks out.

But generally, unless you're moving armies around (in wars or exploring) you can safely turn the game speed up high.

Quick question: How to lose as much prestige as possible without negative side effects?
I want to try to get a revolution which require below zero prestige and my positive prestige modifiers add up to 11% making it very difficult to get the prestige number down and keeping it there.
You could add nations to your sphere of influence to get near zero prestige and then lose a war. If you have to actually fight your opponent, run away after 12 days of fighting to get rid of additional prestige.

Hmm, most peculiar,... My question: how so? Can war leader change only on defensive side? or am i just too tired and forgeting stuff?

I'm 80% certain that those changes in leadership are for the defensive countries only. This makes a lot of sense in terms of game mechanics. If lead attacker were determined by prestige (etc. etc. etc.), then a careful player (or AI as a Horde) could accept every CtA and prosecute the war long after the AI country that Declared War accepted a white peace. On the other hand, a player who is a junior partner in the defense can sometimes negotiate the peace, which is a nice twist for selfish people like me.

In your particular case, you just got lucky. If the Holy War is still on, there is nothing but W.E. to prevent France from issuing its own DoW and continuing - if it thinks there is anything to gain. I don't understand why more AI countries do not pursue Holy War.

Thanks OY and Stephen

*nods*

Hit "Claim Throne" in the diplomacy window then defeat them and PU them in a war. It lowers reltions with other nations you have an RM with, but you can just gift the ones you can't claim back up in relations after you're done DOWing.

I will do that when the opportunity arises. Aragon just made a claim on France a few weeks after securing a personal union with Burgundy with them as the senior partner. They could get massive if it works out for them.

I keep trying to send merchants. At one point I had 3 in venice, 1 in Lubeck and 1 in Andalucia but I lost them all at the same time. Right now my compete chances are at about 40-50 in the richest CoT's and at about 60 in the low/mids. Whenever I do get someone into a centre they normally last a couple of months at best before getting kicked out again. Considering it costs me 12 ducats a time is it a total waste of money trying to send out merchants? I must have spent hundreds of ducats on merchant expeditions and only made back about 1/4 at the very best.

Thanks OY and Stephen

I will do that when the opportunity arises. Aragon just made a claim on France a few weeks after securing a personal union with Burgundy with them as the senior partner. They could get massive if it works out for them.

I keep trying to send merchants. At one point I had 3 in venice, 1 in Lubeck and 1 in Andalucia but I lost them all at the same time. Right now my compete chances are at about 40-50 in the richest CoT's and at about 60 in the low/mids. Whenever I do get someone into a centre they normally last a couple of months at best before getting kicked out again. Considering it costs me 12 ducats a time is it a total waste of money trying to send out merchants? I must have spent hundreds of ducats on merchant expeditions and only made back about 1/4 at the very best.

I usually focus on 1 CoT until I have a stable 5 merchants there and then go to the next.

How's nation rank determined? Assuming from sphere of influence, I think it is measured by a nation's military strength, province numbers, and economy. clarification please?

How's nation rank determined? Assuming from sphere of influence, I think it is measured by a nation's military strength, province numbers, and economy. clarification please?

You mean the number in the nation overview? I think it's just Prestige rank.