• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Crisis failed to get attention --> mass rebellion/secession of affected area por favor.

THIS. And please, if the 'attacker' gets support and the 'defender' doesn't PLEASE don't let the game carry on as if nothing happened. I imagine the situation: 'We, all the powers of the world agree on the fact that this piece of land shouldn't belong to you. Since no power disgrees, you keep the land'

That's the most bullshit thing about the crisis system by far, it's so frustrating when you're playing a small country, and it leads to some really weird gameplay. For example if you have someone else's core you should actually avoid becoming a great power because that would increase the odds of losing that land in a crisis.

"Hey russia, wanna support my crisis over me as greece gaining thessalonika? No... why? Why wouldnt you?"

THIS It really is amazing how pissed of these areas can get without actually rebelling. >.>
THIS. And please, if the 'attacker' gets support and the 'defender' doesn't PLEASE don't let the game carry on as if nothing happened. I imagine the situation: 'We, all the powers of the world agree on the fact that this piece of land shouldn't belong to you. Since no power disgrees, you keep the land'
That's the most bullshit thing about the crisis system by far, it's so frustrating when you're playing a small country, and it leads to some really weird gameplay. For example if you have someone else's core you should actually avoid becoming a great power because that would increase the odds of losing that land in a crisis.
Yeah it's simply astonishing that it isn't included...

"Hey russia, wanna support my crisis over me as greece gaining thessalonika? No... why? Why wouldnt you?"
I also hope that they can improve the crisis system to include other factors for support like religion, history, east vs. west, etc. Countries with freedom ideology should also be more supportive to crisises, and that alliences are taken more into consideration than already done.. It's so annoying how allies just betray you in crisises (WWI?). Also Boxer rebellion --> Crisis --> all GPs that dislike what happebed join the one side --> big historical coalition

Tip for the devs, include a religious map and more ways to interact with religion. Just making sure you think about that while you are coding.

Reactions:
I play a lot of Victoria 2 and it is so close to being perfect. I hope Paradox doesn't do anything drastic in Vicky 3.

Economic
-embargoes
-a way to not allow other countries borrow money from you. (so basically embargo)
-make the UI much easier to understand.
-clean up the economy and make it more efficient. It is so close to be so good.
-more than one RGO per province or RGOs state based.
-make countries buy in sphere before world market. Including those that are sphered.

Military
-have a way to easily organize units.
-have pops mesh together in brigades instead of have it only certain groups. Having to go through and delete under strengthed brigades suck.
-Have blockades not allow any resources by sea flow into the country.
-get rid of doomstacks

Politics/Government
-have it so rebels rebel less often but when they do rebel they are a threat.
-rebels get their own land when rebelling form their own country. (Like Spanish civil war in HOI3)
-have a head of state that has a personality that could affect the way a country acts.
-more reforms available and make it so you can roll back reforms if there is enough support in government.
-immigrants go to country with best living conditions.

I'm sure I will think of more in 10 minutes. :p

Reactions:
I want the ability to choose the starting date, just like in EUIV. It will need a lot of work, sure, but if they managed to do it for the 400 years of EUIV, they certainly could do it for Vicky III, which will probably have a much smaller time frame.

EU4 doesn't have tens of thousands of pops to enter data in for, though.

This basically. I like the two start dates but another one could also be good, like 1919 :).

I also agree a lot on the religious mapmode suggestion. All in all I wish religion (especially Greece v. Ottoman) would play a larger role in crisises as I said earlier.

This basically. I like the two start dates but another one could also be good, like 1919 :).

I also agree a lot on the religious mapmode suggestion. All in all I wish religion (especially Greece v. Ottoman) would play a larger role in crisises as I said earlier.
1919-1936 is not worth.
I would go something like this with starts date(but if this mean less accuracy in the main I prefer having 1 start date):
1815-1821(something between this), 1848, 1866 and 1912.

Don't expect more than one start date. I think Johann (or was it Wiz) mentioned that few people play the alternative starting dates in EU4, and they might not do multiple starting dates anymore. Besides that, the amount of work necessary to properly set up the V2 POP files is mindboggeling. It easily takes a day to properly arrange the POPs of even a small country. Doing the whole world would take months.

A more on topic comment:
When working on the Central Asia countries for CoE, I noticed a lot of these countries were highly decentralised. Almost to the point of certain regions being virtually independent. A lot of effort went into centralising these states. I'd like to see this represented in V3. Perhaps by having the relevant countries consist of substates, and as reforms are passed, more influence can be exerted over the substates.

Don't expect more than one start date. I think Johann (or was it Wiz) mentioned that few people play the alternative starting dates in EU4, and they might not do multiple starting dates anymore. Besides that, the amount of work necessary to properly set up the V2 POP files is mindboggeling. It easily takes a day to properly arrange the POPs of even a small country. Doing the whole world would take months.

A more on topic comment:
When working on the Central Asia countries for CoE, I noticed a lot of these countries were highly decentralised. Almost to the point of certain regions being virtually independent. A lot of effort went into centralising these states. I'd like to see this represented in V3. Perhaps by having the relevant countries consist of substates, and as reforms are passed, more influence can be exerted over the substates.

which is why they didnt bother in the AHD one

1919-1936 is not worth.
I would go something like this with starts date(but if this mean less accuracy in the main I prefer having 1 start date):
1815-1821(something between this), 1848, 1866 and 1912.

1912 I agree is very good. Especially if they improve tons on the Great War combat, and just make combat much better and exciting. I don't agree on 1815-1821 though as it goes into the March of the Eagles timespan (I don't play it, but I feel it should be seperate from the Victorian Era game that Victoria is)

any info about whcih time we will see viki3 ? since viki 2 is preaty ded with no future dlc planed.

Add more gov types, some of whom can be tribe-like and have restrictions on for diplomacy by western powers, possibly aided by technology.
Most importantly is to add a federation-type which makes several states a federation without uniting the country or making one the vassal leader of all the others