• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PereLachaise

Private
41 Badges
Apr 29, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hello dear Paradox,
I saw a few problems in Gaul.
First, historical issues.
upload_2019-4-30_13-41-48.png

Segodunum, the ancient Rodez, was the capital of the Gallic tribe of the Rutenii. In game, this city is not even in their territory and belong to the Tectosages. Also, Segodunum is much more in the North in real life.
Plus, the Rutenii are a gallic tribe, and should belong to a gallic culture, not to the aquitaine. You can't play them cause in the culture map mode, their in the Volcian culture territory so your own people is not happy....
upload_2019-4-30_13-43-30.png

Then the neighbour of the Rutenii were the Cadurcii, and their capital was Divona, the actual Cahors. But, in game, they don't even exist and their territory is part of the Nitiobroges. Plus, Uxellodum, the place of the last battle of the Bellum Gallicum, should belong to the Cadurcii. I made a paint to show you the Cadurcii's territory.
cadurci.jpg
Last thing.
index.php

When this happens, the 4k man on the island can't move. You need to build 4 boats to get them on the main land. It's a bit tricky if you don't know this. so a solution for you : you can make a passage for the troup between the main land and this island.

Thank you for reading me, excuse my english.
Have a good day,
If other people see problems in Gaul, comment this thread with me ! Vive la Gaule libre !

• 4Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Reactions:
A britain Mediolanum did exist : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediolanum_(Whitchurch)

@PereLachaise joli boulot pour rectifier la situation de la Gaule ;)

Oh merci :D ! Je sais pas si je suis super précis avec le territoire des Cadurques, par exemple Carantomagus faisait partie du territoire des Rutènes !
http://atlantides.org/downloads/prm-2011-03/TPPlace740.html
Donc il faut un peu modifier ce que j'ai dit ci-dessus ! Il faut donc faire quelques recherches pour redéfinir le paint que j'ai fait xP
Après je suis content car Paradox a corrigé la culture des Rutènes, ce qui est déjà pas mal :D ! Mais si on pouvait "rendre à César ce qui est à César" en donnant Segodunum aux Rutènes et en introduisant les Cadurques dans le jeu, ça serait génial :D !

http://imperium.ahlfeldt.se/places/7812.html
Ce site est pas mal pour la carte de la Gaule ... et il est suédois :D

1600086211990.png
1600086195600.png

Hello ! I found those maps in Books/ articles to defend my last messages :
1/ Segodunum should be more on the North-East, and is the rightful capital of the Rutenii.
2/The in game territoty of the Rutenii is wrong : if you look at the first map, you can see that it was way bigger. To translate it in game, this should belike this :
1600086421107.png

One of the problem with this region, in Imperator, is the moutains : why the Massif Central and the Montagne Noire are impassable ? In real life, those are not great moutain like Pyrénées or Alpes. To fix the territory of the Ruteni, the terrain must be fixed too.
3/ in game, Cadurcii don't even exist and their territory is part of the Nitiobroges. Uxellodum, the place of the last battle of the Bellum Gallicum, should belong to the Cadurcii. I made again a paint to show you :
1600087413339.png

Thank's to reply to me,
Have a great day !

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello again ! Today, you posted this on twitter :
1607091955238.png

So I gave a look at the map, and look what i found :
1607092011688.png

So please give at last Segodunum to the Rutenii ! :(