• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I posted this in another thread, however, this one may be a better one to post too. I have always loved Lux Invicta, its always been my favorite mod for ck2. I stopped following the development of the mod for awhile, however I wanted to check out where its been going and so im back, ive downloaded the 2.7x version, turned off jade dragon, however whenever i select LI in the launcher and hit start the launcher closes and nothing happens. Wondering where i have gone wrong, if anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Have you downgraded your version to 2.7? Could be an issue with 2.8.

What is this RAM fix thingy and where do I find it? Mine crashes during loading as well even with the right version.

Due to the sheer memory mass of Lux Invicta, enough virtual memory must be freed up for the CK2 game engine, especially (but NOT ONLY) with a 32-bit OS. Please do the following at least once:

Vista/7/8
> Run command prompt as administrator
> Type: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072*
> Verify by typing bcdedit, and find the entry above.
> Reboot

XP
> Find boot.ini (usually on C:, might be hidden), mark it not read-only, and open
> Under the section called [operating systems] find the line that says "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional...". Duplicate that entire line below.
> Add a space at the end and /3GB /USERVA=3072*
> Rename the OS name of that entry to identify it at startup
> Save boot.ini, then r-click and make it read only.
> Reboot

*any value above 2048 really (at least 2560), but restrict it to 3072 if you only have 4GB in your system.
original source: MadBoris (Total War Center / ETW Technical Help)

There you go. It's from the important installation instructions in the original Release Thread. Don't know if it's still relevant but i usually do it anyways.
Hope this helps reduce your crashes to a acceptable minimum.