• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox won't allow offsite file hosting, but I don't see a problem with a Wiki type site.

They currently have a wiki page in CK2 wiki but the problem is more of
1) It doesn't seem to be updated.
2) It may dissuade all but the most diehard players as the mod looks extremely complicated when it is pretty intuitive in reality.

This leads to people thinking that the mod is dead when it has to operate with limited number of people.

To solve the issues:
Maybe a rewrite of the current mechanics to make it easier for newbies to understand.

On a different note:
What can we expect from the newest update?

I think public communication is affected by the small team but also the peculiar "governance" of the mod whereby the mod creator has left suddenly, while the mod is his very personal creation. So we, the regency team, have a low profile approach, exemplified by the fact that we try to retain this thread's original post as close as possible to what it originally was. This itself is keeping things confusing.

But I think the essential is here: several years and countless expansions after the original author left, the mod is still alive, with quite innovative and specific content adjusted from new mechanics. The mod is kind of niche anyway, catering to the most nerdy of geeks (a-historical, not based on any popular fiction, yet full of historical "easter eggs" for the erudite)

I am trying to flesh out starting characters' families these days, so that all characters have relatives for matrimonial alliances and keeping dynasties alive when the game starts.

Beyond that, a few ideas are discussed in the suggestions thread...

Last edited:
I understand that you wish to keep to the essence of the mod, keeping it genuine to Shaytana's original vision, but, out of curiosity, what might be added in the future? For example, the map; will the current map be as far as Lux Invicta maps go (geographically), or will you expand it to areas not covered (at least extensively) in Shaytana's original history, like China and the New World (I'm primarily thinking the Northeast for the latter, with Vinland, the Iroquois, and Cahokia)?

We have accepted to expand the map already. Here the blocking factor is lack of time. Personally, I prefer going deeper (with mechanical changes, in particular) than wider. We already have such a range of possibilities ! And quality of the playing experience is more directly enhanced by mechanics applying to all rather than by coding new geopolitical spaces where a large share of players will never go.

Personally, I think the map is already great, and there is so much space that I have not try in it! :D
Also, if you expand the map, I don't know if all the players will have the computer for it. So, I think if helleno-asia have to be in the mod, it will be better with invasion and special event . But maybe in a long time, a submod center on LI Asia? :)

Personally, I would much rather have more descions and events then a bigger map. The map already makes my computer lag a bunch (not that I don't like it, the map is amazing).

There is just a ton of religious stuff that could use more depth. One thing that I don't like, though, is how balanced it is. Odd complaint, I know, but because every nation is small and doesn't really grow too much, there is very little challenge in war, because as soon as you have become even vanilla kingdom size, almost no-one can compete with you. Even with big defensive packs, since most nations have only a couple of duches, you can just drive up occupation warscore before most of the other members even reach you

I'm curious. Has anyone tried to do an EU4 mod for this game? I'm curious how 1444 plays out according the Shaytana's vision.

I agree with HWL on what should be done with the mod. Is it alright that until the gameplay mechanics are better fleshed out that some parts of the map are removed?
More provinces in the map rather than regions, better internal trade routes to simulate trade in western and northern Europe, better game stability, more cultural nuances such as practices and festivals, newer mechanics (abdication, disinheritance, etc).

I feel that given the set up with other cultures, the game seems to be going wider but ultimately less insightful and deep gameplay.

Just to clarify does anyone have balance issues based on small number of counties per kingdom? It seems easy to play a North Korea style game if I run will Dominate.

It' not easy to do in my experience, the realm duress modifiers kick in as you expand and even if you go NK mode the negative modifiers really hurt especialyl at higher levels.

Personally, I would much rather have more descions and events then a bigger map. The map already makes my computer lag a bunch (not that I don't like it, the map is amazing).

There is just a ton of religious stuff that could use more depth. One thing that I don't like, though, is how balanced it is. Odd complaint, I know, but because every nation is small and doesn't really grow too much, there is very little challenge in war, because as soon as you have become even vanilla kingdom size, almost no-one can compete with you. Even with big defensive packs, since most nations have only a couple of duches, you can just drive up occupation warscore before most of the other members even reach you

Totally agree and my major problem with this mod after several years with it (though I love the premise and detail). It's easy to become a powerhouse with literally anyone as apparently every ruling state of any kid from the British Isles to Northern India spontaneously combusted (and you can blob a lot, lot quicker and more efficiently than the AI). Alongside the rather absurdly long and micromanagement-requiring building chains (do we really need 23 different levels of roads and goat-herding? Or does it make sense that Constantinople starts off with the same infrastructure development as Pictland?).

I think public communication is affected by the small team but also the peculiar "governance" of the mod whereby the mod creator has left suddenly, while the mod is his very personal creation. So we, the regency team, have a low profile approach, exemplified by the fact that we try to retain this thread's original post as close as possible to what it originally was. This itself is keeping things confusing.

Yeah, I think you guys should accept Shaytana's never coming back, LI is all yours now.