• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hide in the desert, let their armies deplete. When they look low on troops, attack with a decent general.

Edit: Was a lot more cautious then as I am now, much easier to go stomping around killing stuff with 100 brigade armies, not so much with a 3-10 brigade army. First tactic was to hold out from the Ottomans, then take Tunisia / Algiers. Tunisia was easy, let them attack my land first, take their armies, and hold up the provinces building new troops. :)

Last edited:
My first campaign. No uber achievements but it was fun and I have learnt a lot.

IT2.png

IT3.png

IT1.png

Wait does that say that AUSTRIA-HUNGARY and NGF formed on their own by the AI?

Now I have indeed seen everything except for Bolivian Russia

As I was unifying Italy in the '70s, Austria turned into Austria-Hungary (I also lost my GP status and all of my allies at the end of the conflict: it was scary but I've been able to make it on my own).

Then in the '90s I managed to make Greater Italy and Austria-Hungary collapsed: it turned into a chaos of small communist regions, non-connectd A-H domains and another "Austria" which eventually evolved into a fascist dictatorship (cool flag).
This 2nd quite weird Austria was in the east and didn't have Wien or other typical Austrian domains. At the end Austria-Hungary recovered a lot of its power whilst fascist Austria ended up in my SoI.

i have seen a better thing there! Dutch Africa! :p how big is it?

It is big, vulnerable and connecting my two African domains, and I got a casus bellis against Netherlands in... 1934... too late. :p

I use this tactic with every country I play as, just colonization America.
v24copy.jpg

v2mapden18623.jpg

I can't stop laughing at 'Danish North America'. I don't know why, but it just seems hilarious to me.

since i uploaded these pics today, might as well share.

im using popdemand and all the minor mods that come with it.

i especially like the ivory coast. since im color impaired(is that the right expression?) its kind of like an acid trip with all the colors, makes me dizzy :D

also: that yello blob in northern russia... never noticed it but looks kinda funny :)

yeah i dont care much for border aesthetics. i always think to myself if i really dont like them i just go and conquer something ;)
some territories i got by "accident". serbia and montenegro had the luck of joining russia when i cut them down to size and i added conquest goals on a whim... thats why balkan looks so spotty. and france is not done yet as you can see :) also russia will have to let go of on or two territories in the future. depending on how much time i left after that war. didnt anticipate UK to join, but makes for a nice war. right now i have conquest goals on every participant except swiss. i guess because they declared neutrality i cant take anything from them?!
i dont have a good navy also, they are damn pricey in popdemand, so i never cared to much for netherlands, because i would have to invade them by sea.

i started as prussia.

I can't stop laughing at 'Danish North America'. I don't know why, but it just seems hilarious to me.

It does look a bit weird, but on the other hand, Greenland has been Danish for a long time and is geographically in North America.

It does look a bit weird, but on the other hand, Greenland has been Danish for a long time and is geographically in North America.

Denmark also has a disputed border with Canada along one tiny, uninhabited island in the far north, it's called Hans Island, I believed. It's actually really hilarious, the Canadian Defense Minister once visited this desolate rock to prove it was Canada's, and then the Danes got all mad and said it was an unannounced visit. All for this stupid piece of rock.