• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is no way in hell to get LIT to 60% in that time. Go tell this to the rotten bones of my grandfather.
I am playing as Ottomans, full clergy ALL THE TIME and with MAX national focuses and I NEVER get up to 60% by 1880!

You have just been caught cheating, now part please.

First of all it was 1898 in the screen shot in question. That gives him an extra 20 years beyond 1880.

I haven't played as the OE, but I'm guessing it's actually harder to raise their literacy than it is for the Zulus. OE has more states, means the NF get spread thinner.

As has been said, if you leave your NF on a couple African states all game raising clergy and then you go conquer parts of Europe 60% literacy by 1900 is not that unbelievable.

Ok here's my USA world empire :)

V2_MAP_USA_188627_1.jpg

Some interesting things have happend sofar in the game:

USA18863.jpg

I beat the UK in colonizing Canada (released the nation earlier in the game to lower Badboy lvl a bit :rofl:)

USA18862.jpg

I took Siam in south asia and got Java from the Netherlands when France dissolved their alliance hehehehe, as to oppose the British empire there (together with China which is an ally and continously in my PoI :D )

USA18861.jpg

As you can see i Annexed Ethiope early in the game, and am now mass colonizing Africa (using 4 of my 6 NP's)

USA18864.jpg

Meanwhile in europe:
Spain and The Netherlands took both a part of Morocco pretty early in the game :mad: which i wanted as a foothold in europe (doesnt mind now, i got a shitload of troops in Bremen (which is USA bremen now :cool: )
Prussia is still trying to unify the German countries, at which its not very succesfull. Russia recently took the Ukraine and has Poland.
Most concerning (altho they dont have a good militairy) is the Ottoman Empire, which expanded a bit in north africa and west asia. I wonder who's going for Persia, either Russia is gonna take a change or the Ottomans.

Problems at this moment:
Some i cant seem to get more troops then the ~330 i have now, when i build more, other brigade revolt and get blown away right away....
The stupid Liberals (and republican) parties are in power for a loooooong time, and so i got no control of my infrastructure (only a problem in my colonies as for there are hardly any Capitalists there to build railroads :mad:) nor my industry (other then placing NP's to get more clerks, of which i dont have nearly enough).

Although i have a low profile atm, when the UK is warring me again to cut me down in size orso. I plan to throw them out of India (at least a bit) with the help of the Chinese :D

Regards,

Kenneth

So I was playing France.

It should be considered cheating to conquer China.

I colored the following map by great powers and their satellites..

V2_MAP_FRA_19351231_1.png

And yes, Russia is a German satellite...they spent most of the game owned by rebels and fell deep into secondary power status.

I think I ended up with 300 infamy, but nobody cared because:

V2_1.jpg

I was surprised that Germany formed, let alone without Alsace-Lorraine and -with- A-H...

And Ukraine was surprisingly resilient. Bosnia existed for some time before an unusually uppity Ottoman Empire stormed in...which prompted me to sent them hurtling back to secondary power status when I wrested Libya, Iraq, and Armenia from the Sublime Porte.

V2_9.jpg

My goal in the game was to send Britain back to secondary power status without breaking truces. This failed since it's quite easy to get up to 100 warscore with peace deals...so I ended up doing a wash/rinse/repeat with Britain every five years chewing off a few territories at a time. I didn't really get started on this till the 1880s anyway.

I did succeed in reducing British India to two small territories (plus princely states). I freed three British provinces as India in the 1880s...which promptly achieved GP status and abandoned my SoI.

V2_7.jpg

I gradually pushed Britain back toward the Pacific one province at a time. The Canadians spent most of the game going in and out of various totalitarian forms of government...the Americans were a walkover, and I think at various times every single rebel state except the Manhattan Commune that could have formed from them did. New England existed for several decades before succumbing to pan-American Rebels; the California Republic is there (although soon to be Mexicanized) and Deseret broke off in the 1890s before Mexico snuck around and absorbed it. I remade Texas, but pan-American rebels apparently got around to that too...

CSA appeared all by itself in the 1920s.

V2_10.jpg

So, Belgium had it in for the Netherlands; I had nothing to do with what they did in Indonesia. All I did was take Borneo and Papua.

And Russia got a slice after they joined a German-led war against the Belgian menace.

All told, the Dutch ended up fascist and were reduced to just Holland and three islands in the Caribbean by game's end (Saint Martin, Aruba, and Curacao)

V2_6.jpg

So I was playing France.

It should be considered cheating to conquer China.

I colored the following map by great powers and their satellites..

V2_MAP_FRA_19351231_1.png

And yes, Russia is a German satellite...they spent most of the game owned by rebels and fell deep into secondary power status.

I think I ended up with 300 infamy, but nobody cared because:

V2_1.jpg

I was surprised that Germany formed, let alone without Alsace-Lorraine and -with- A-H...

And Ukraine was surprisingly resilient. Bosnia existed for some time before an unusually uppity Ottoman Empire stormed in...which prompted me to sent them hurtling back to secondary power status when I wrested Libya, Iraq, and Armenia from the Sublime Porte.

V2_9.jpg

My goal in the game was to send Britain back to secondary power status without breaking truces. This failed since it's quite easy to get up to 100 warscore with peace deals...so I ended up doing a wash/rinse/repeat with Britain every five years chewing off a few territories at a time. I didn't really get started on this till the 1880s anyway.

I did succeed in reducing British India to two small territories (plus princely states). I freed three British provinces as India in the 1880s...which promptly achieved GP status and abandoned my SoI.

V2_7.jpg

I gradually pushed Britain back toward the Pacific one province at a time. The Canadians spent most of the game going in and out of various totalitarian forms of government...the Americans were a walkover, and I think at various times every single rebel state except the Manhattan Commune that could have formed from them did. New England existed for several decades before succumbing to pan-American Rebels; the California Republic is there (although soon to be Mexicanized) and Deseret broke off in the 1890s before Mexico snuck around and absorbed it. I remade Texas, but pan-American rebels apparently got around to that too...

CSA appeared all by itself in the 1920s.

V2_10.jpg

So, Belgium had it in for the Netherlands; I had nothing to do with what they did in Indonesia. All I did was take Borneo and Papua.

And Russia got a slice after they joined a German-led war against the Belgian menace.

All told, the Dutch ended up fascist and were reduced to just Holland and three islands in the Caribbean by game's end (Saint Martin, Aruba, and Curacao)

V2_6.jpg

I wish I would have an exciting game such as yours :(

Vaximillian said:
A satellite? How is that even possible?

I misspoke - I mean in Germany's SoI

The_Dudinator said:
I wish I would have an exciting game such as yours

Eh...it would have been interesting if I could have knocked GB down to secondary power, I didn't even get them past second place.

They still had 200 million people at the end of the game

Here's my American game, September 1922.

What do you get when you get two giant colonial powers that have been nice to one another and do little else but go after uncivilized nations?

Why, you get an Anglo-American World.
V2_MAP_USA_192294_1.jpg

Central/South America is for the most part US SoI, save USCA which is a small GP, and Brazil which seems to be a pointless diplomatic battleground with the Britain/France/Dutch. America also has influence over Cyprus (released after a brief war with the Ottomans collapsed the country - note the Bulgarian nation cutting a few enclaves) and the tiny South African enclave which was conquered by Portugal during a Transvaal war but rebelled.

GB (democracy) has an SoI of mainly the other South African states and central Asia/India.

Germany was formed by Austria after successful wars with both France and Prussia, and eventually bringing Prussia and the other German states under their SoI. I actually 'helped' a bit by removing Dutch influence from the last German state for Austria to take it. Transylvania (rebelled earlier) has cut off Germany from Wallachia, thus making the Balkan map look even more messed up.

Only had one war with GB, early in the game just to take northern Maine. Since then, relationship's been peachy. Despite Britain having China, India and Korea, their military's still smaller than mine at the moment. Take a nice look at the comparison (along with the two 'runner-ups', Germany and France). Am currently ranked #1 in prestige and military score, with GB taking industry.
usastats.jpg

Seriously, we just pick off one nation at a time. Look at this example from decades earlier, with "American Iraq" being taken while Britain deals with Korea.
americanbritishacquisitions.jpg

Whee?

Or maybe you've just been caught being grumpy because someone is better than you? I can sorta understand it though, when i played EU3 for the first time I was like: "No way, WC is mipossible!!" And then later on after years of training, I started to realise that it probaly was, but I do not have the tenacity to do that.

And if he cheated, who cares, it's just a game, not the presidential election of the united states.

I'm Sorry but the guy is right he cheated MAYBE you should stop defening a friken liar because I just tested if what he did is possiable and it inst the BB points he would get is massive and everyone would delclare the contient war on him resulting in horriable defeat

Can you all maybe shut the hell up about whether somebody cheated or not? I mean seriously, you have been flaming about this for at least three pages now and it's ridiculous. He's not doing anything wrong by it and I seem to remember this thread is about posting empires not about cheating.

Either stop now or move it another thread. No one hears wants to hear your flaming.

Nice American Empire by the way @Alex Gariepy.

I'm Sorry but the guy is right he cheated MAYBE you should stop defening a friken liar because I just tested if what he did is possiable and it inst the BB points he would get is massive and everyone would delclare the contient war on him resulting in horriable defeat

Please play the game more then one day... If you would do so then you would have noticed that no one will attack you if your military score is 3 times bigger then the second mighty power country (for example UK)...

I have a military score of 5900 with germany and I can attack what ever I want and no one cares about it because it would be suizide to attack me (germany). I would laught if UK would try to attack me.. in my latest save game my military is 5 time bigger then Uk´s military.

I have round about 9 wars at a time and no one cares.. (well french is anyway destroyed).. but there is still UK and they also dont care about my expanding tour.

In the late game the BB wars are broken. Its not really a problem to take 70% or more of the world.

Infarmy is broken. If I remember right it was broken when I had up to 2000 military score with germany.

;)

Maybe you just suck at the game.

Do not flame

Can you all maybe shut the hell up about whether somebody cheated or not? I mean seriously, you have been flaming about this for at least three pages now and it's ridiculous. He's not doing anything wrong by it and I seem to remember this thread is about posting empires not about cheating.

Either stop now or move it another thread. No one hears wants to hear your flaming.

Nice American Empire by the way @Alex Gariepy.

Do not tell other posters to shut up

Please play the game more then one day... If you would do so then you would have noticed that no one will attack you if your military score is 3 times bigger then the second mighty power country (for example UK)...

I have a military score of 5900 with germany and I can attack what ever I want and no one cares about it because it would be suizide to attack me (germany). I would laught if UK would try to attack me.. in my latest save game my military is 5 time bigger then Uk´s military.

I have round about 9 wars at a time and no one cares.. (well french is anyway destroyed).. but there is still UK and they also dont care about my expanding tour.

In the late game the BB wars are broken. Its not really a problem to take 70% or more of the world.

Infarmy is broken. If I remember right it was broken when I had up to 2000 military score with germany.

;)

I forgot to metion the Diplomat points... he would have to use to "add wargoal"

And I am refering to him playing as krakow..because it starts as a secondary power.... and it doesnt get that much diplo points at start as a great power.. in a abit before late game (1870-1890)

The infamy works.. With mods that is such as African mod or Realism mod/tweak

Well, I never played Victoria before. Never played anything other than EU3 IN and HttT in this genre... Never took the tutorial. And what nation did I try to take on? Japan.

V2_MAP_JAP_193611_2.jpg

On the outside what did I accomplish? Very little. I annexed Brunei just to see what would happen. Two decades later I released them when they had 70+ Japanese population. I watched them struggling with Japanese rebels, but I had a nice little ally.

Took me forever to become Civilized, mainly because I had no idea what I was doing. Let's see what have I done? I defended Korea from Russia... three times. I defended China from Russia four times. I defended China from GB at least five times. Well... you can see how well I did at defending them... Still I'm proud that I beat back Russia once to get China back Mongolia and right when this empire was posted I had taken most of Siberia and all of Russian China. Damn, it ended just one year too soon.

I started very late to the "Great Game" and I eventually gave up on influencing anyone other than Korea, Brunei, an Indian Minor, Ethiopia, and China nearing the dawn of 1910. I defended Spain against France a few times but each time I failed to actually do anything as to my dismay I could not send ships to Europe without them dying. Oddly enough ships don't repair themselves... so I lost them.

I've been at war with Uruguay for maybe a decade. My fleet died while trying to reach them when I had fully supplied tech for the navy. That was the only thing I bothered leveling up as I had abandoned naval tech after so many wars with GB. It was basically "As long as you aren't after my territory I'll give you whatever you want after you destroy the 30,000 troops I have defending the entire Asian continent!" yeah...

Well, as you might imagine I'm terrible at this game :p I don't have much to show for it and I'm still not entirely confident on how Colonizing works really. I have no idea how the hell France and the United Kingdom got so powerful, the U.K. was powerful from the start but it just went absolutely crazy during the twentieth Century and later France went crazy as well beating back the U.K.! Furthermore the USA was the only power within sight that I may have been able to catch up to, but I stopped caring about them in the 1920s.

I did, however, complete this game. I am proud that the very first game I had I didn't collapse against the tens of thousands of revolts that happens to Japan every single time I attempt to do anything! I must admit Victoria does a good job at keeping Japan from doing anything, facing massive communist revolts from oh... 3% of the population every year or so. I wonder where they get the manpower?

Last screen:
V2_1.jpg

Spain never fell from being a GP even as France took half their African Territories. Portugal joined the GPs when the Neatherlands and Prussia were beating each other. When I became civilized Russia was a decaying corpse after I destroyed them in the war to reclaim Mongolia, had I known China would shift to the United States Sphere just days after I done so I may have decided to take some lands myself. The USCA is very overpowered in this game, but they were a balanced political foe, for much of the game it was a shifting political game where Japan went from power 4 to 5 to 6 with myself and the USCA shifting back and forth. Then for some reason my Industry rating crashed and the USCA was on top for a while. But after taking nearly every Military tech I got a major lead and managed to keep my army fully supplied. Now I'm not saying this is a grand empire as many of those I've seen, but I think it's well enough especially since I was only involved in defensive wars for most of the game except for a war for Brunei and against Russia. Well, tell me what you think!

I think you did good, for a first try, keeping china semi independent must have been hard.

Although you know those rebels are not japan only and by all accounts will be gone by the next patch.

I wonder if a quick westernising japan could annex china before it westernise and become the behemoth.

As the UK I had china in my SOI when it became a great power, so we were allied,which meant no-one started bad boy wars with me.

I think you did good, for a first try, keeping china semi independent must have been hard.

Although you know those rebels are not japan only and by all accounts will be gone by the next patch.

I wonder if a quick westernising japan could annex china before it westernise and become the behemoth.

As the UK I had china in my SOI when it became a great power, so we were allied,which meant no-one started bad boy wars with me.
It was miserable, but beating back Russia wasn't as hard as one might think. The UK was just... a no go.

Oh I can tell, all of Russia owned by Anarcho-Liberals and Communists was just sad, even if Russia had managed to keep it's capital free for most of the game it just didn't seem right that it was like that, me crushing what's left of their army in Siberia and occupying most of the territory actually helped them. The UK lost the main island to Jacobin rebels and Scottland formed! It died off a few years later though when the UK actually used some of the troops it had kept in Canada and India. In any case I would be happy if it went away.

And I have no doubt it could, Japan is practically guaranteed a spot as a GP when it civilizes. If you know what you're doing you can do it quick and then China is fairly easy, especially if you actually decide to conquer Asia instead of allying with it! :rofl:

Oh, by the way, I don't suppose you could spare a word for a complete and utter novice? How exactly do you find your Infamy level? I never once found it.

Oh, by the way, I don't suppose you could spare a word for a complete and utter novice? How exactly do you find your Infamy level? I never once found it.

Go to the diplomacy tab, find your nation and click on the menu tab "show wars" - it should have all the good schtuff there. Infamy, war weariness, # of brigades and # of ships, etc.