• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1717 as Spain.

EU3_MAP_SPA_171741_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_SPA_171741_2.jpg

The biggest battle I have fought yet was against the OE with 40k on each side. If it weren't for the date line problems I would be mush farther colonizing russia and indonesia by now. Recently allied to Lithuania for obvious reasons, and the cold war with France is heating up.

the amount of WWM empires that we get to see is beginning to bug me :eek:o

having an empire in WWM is much less of an achievement then in vanilla since WWM makes the game easier to play at a fast pace, in my point of view. WWM related empires would nearly need its own thread, as it used to in the mod section before it got lost in the spiderwebs of the archives.

i wonder why so many post their WWM empires here and not in that specially specified thread.

What makes WWM easier than vanilla, aside from the extended timeline?

i dont get it, vanilla and WWM have the same settings and AI, the only thing different is the added provinces, countries and resources. and as t0m said, many of the empires here are of other mods, WWM is just easier to see cuz of the maps. Anyways i tried making a Post your WWM empire thread... it didnt catch on

Last edited:
What makes WWM easier than vanilla, aside from the extended timeline?

More to colonize and wider range of more lucrative trade goods make it more profitable to expand.

Human knowledge of geography is an even greater advantage (vs AI) than normal when there is less PTI.

And for tribals and non-latins it's definitely way easier, I think that's obvious.

well I rerolled as Britany recently, on the latest WWM issue, and there is no free minting anymore.

But I agree, more provinces with more goods make more wealth available to the player and AI over the course of teh game. And since Human is better than AI at using wealth, it makes it easier for human on the long run.

But the mod is so sweet, I just like all those new provinces, flags, events, nations, in short, opportunities

besides the fact that i beat a french player using England in MP once, that normally doesnt happen in vanilla but the addition of the Channel islands really drastically increases the chances of England beating France. now im not saying this isnt good, but some of the National ideas are seriously overpowered. the gain of prestige/naval tradition/army tradition has always been a very delicate balance. 90% of the cases, naval battles are determined by admirals (you only certainly win a battle with 4x as much ships). In one case, a bad admiral from my ally portugal led an attack on Ming ships charged by a super chinese admiral. we had 2700 ships and he has 1200 ships. We lost 1200 ships and he lost 600 as he retreated into port. admirals are easier to make godlike in WWM since the ideas boast more extra fire and manuever for admirals, fire naturally causes more victims during fire phase, and manuever causes more enemy victims during fire phase as high manuever values of yuor own, and low of the other, cause the enemy ships to crash into/fire at each other during phases. from NI's alone, in WWM you can get 50% more naval tradition then normally would, not to speak of double the amount of manuever and +1 fire.

this is really just MP players fall over i think. fighting humans require a very diffrent aproach and knowledge is power, so MP players usually know every facet of the game and how certain things work.

im still in love with the WWM for the no PTI, for me its still the best mod in there. (especially so because the other ones alter the game even further) but i guess you can see me as heavily judging from an MP point of view since i never play SP anymore. but thats why i was developping the sister mod that only focusses on the map and additional countries/decisions events. further no integral change to the game mechanics as i kept running into heavy protests whenever i tried suggesting WWM for MP.

In the WWM you see a lot of untouched places by the Europeans though, they cannot beat the natives easily and therefore see them until the end of the game. That is a major disadvantage as it stops people getting money out of them and can make the game harder, it also stops expansion.

The first game I played in WWM as as England and as soon as I saw the channel islands I realized that it was going to be a cinch to beat France :)
I do think the mod makes the game easier, though I can't quite put my finger on it. I suppose it is the better trade items, and I think provinces core faster than they do in Vanilla IN.

WWM is a great mod, tough when i played it last time i got cities in the water in europa.

In the WWM you see a lot of untouched places by the Europeans though, they cannot beat the natives easily and therefore see them until the end of the game. That is a major disadvantage as it stops people getting money out of them and can make the game harder, it also stops expansion.

like i said i *only* judge from a MP point of view :D

those natives wont last very long against player colonisers racing to get a hold on NA.

EU3_MAP_MKL_155493_1.jpg

Mecklenburg c. 1554. I'm having serious problems with France, they've got a crap ton of vassals and a 104k army. I have 70k, but I still get my butt handed to me. I'm trying to fight defensively, but they seem to have a near endless supply of 20-25k stacks, not to mention their vassals' armies. Halp!