• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Timurid Empire:
EU3_MAP_TIM_1544913_2.png
And the other countries:
EU3_MAP_TIM_1544913_1.png

Anyway, does anyone know why the timurids can't build a navy? Even after reformed government?...

It might be that I need to westernise before I can build a navy?...

You only need to have a core on a coastal province...

..and you also need not be apart of certain tech groups. I know the African (not muslim) and New World groups cannot build ships. Perhaps the Tribal/Nomad techgroup is also apart of the "no Navies" coalition? In which case, you need to westernise.

which would just be stupid! but it may be the case , if there is some undocumented limit on tech groups , like colonization ...

Newly started a game as sweden.
sverige.jpg

Just recently axxexed denmark, just to se it appear again. Most focus have been on britsh island and defending against the monstrous Bohemia.

My goals right now is to somehow kill off the bohemian blob and the never ending brunswick-bavaria alliance. It would have been easy if bavaria wasent the emperor and kicks me around when I try to have a proper war in the HRE, you cane asily see I have not had a single succesfull war there. Recently innitiated a conquest on the iberian to expand within europe and get a port against africa and india.

The state of the world
svensje.jpg

Quite interesting world map actually. Korea dismantled Ming and started to wage war against the african east coast.
Japan are close to unifying with fujiwara as shogun and minamoto down to just a few provinces.
Persia or Syria (can't remeber which) have taken control of the midlle east.

EU3_MAP_JAP_1751127_1.jpg

The Greater East Asia Empire in 1751

(Minamoto -> Japan)

Timeline:
Unification of Japan: 1502 (inherited Tachibana but our monarchs took forever to die)
Westernization: 1587
Military Modernization: 1612
Conquest of Indonesia and Malaysia: 1550-1700
Conquest of China: 1560-present
Conquest of the rest of China, Southeast Asia, and India due to revolutionary wars since my government is currently 52: Pretty darn soon but I'm getting bored with this one

Notables:

-Bohemia is a giant snake country, they have the most bizarre borders I've ever seen
-Austria the 2nd richest country
-Iraq was huge before Bohemia's snakey conquest beat them down
-The Hansa a big colonizing force
-France became an unstoppable giant very early, then completely STOPPED for some reason, I was hoping for a real rival but they currently have their 1450 borders...

Malaya in 1558, just as I'm starting westernisation. Miscmods 0.72.

j757hs.png

-I haven't annexed Makassar or Pattani yet because I'm waiting for some kind of easy CB. No point getting excess infamy and stab hits when they're not a threat to me.
-Karnataka is the South Indian version of Hindustan present in Miscmods. Currently they're looking very dangerous, but can such a large multi-cultural AI empire hold itself together?
-Scotland formed GB
-I currently have Europeans (and not just Portugal who are my only Euro neighbours) declaring war on me every few years for reasons I can't work out. Surely there are much easier targets around SE Asia? Or perhaps my American colonies are what they are after.

Conquest of the rest of China, Southeast Asia, and India due to revolutionary wars since my government is currently 52: Pretty darn soon but I'm getting bored with this one
Wait, revolutionary wars? As in, becoming a revolutionary republic? You do realize you need to have your capital in Europe for that, right?